• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I might get this while still being perfectly fine with my Nex 4. Wow.

That's the most beautiful phone I've ever seen. Gorgeous. Also, INSANE prices, for that hardware. It this thing EVER releases here in Brazil I'll get one.

gblues

Banned
-Launch your favorite apps more quickly than ever before. Tap twice and your screen will come to life, or draw a simple image on the sleeping screen to launch your preferred app. The screen will respond even if your hands are wet.
-on screen or capacitive keys

On mobile so I can't look at the hands on stuff, but this says to me, "resistive touch screen". Not sure if want.

Gurrry

tumblr_m1qiokEzrI1r6k7wto1_500.jpg

Water

So this is what true low margins on a cellphone look like. Why on earth hasn't someone stepped in to do this before?

If the reviews confirm everything works as it should, insta-buy. Another insta-buy if they get around to doing a 4.7" version.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So any chance of them ever releasing a version with CDMA support for Verizon? I really want this thing and would (try to) buy it day one if it supported Verizon networks...

Spinluck

Would've loved a 4.7-5.0 inch one, but this looks fantastic. Wow.

Will wait for reviews, sucks that it's invite only. It's gonna be hard as shit to get one of these.

Damn, signed up to forums. I've been looking around for a phone for about $300, in no hurry so this is GREAT news. That is one sexy ass phone.

Renoir

so... i know some of you going to get invites.
Whats relly good nyuga (stinkman voice)

Dont forget about your GAF bros

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Wow. Just wow.

I was going to get an Xperia Z2 or Nexus 5, but you really can't argue with this price. Considering I'm buying two (one each for my girlfriend and I), this is huge.

Excellent looking camera, beautiful aesthetics, the fastest CPU currently available, and a lower price than the Nexus 5. Literally ticks all the boxes.

I've found my new phone, I just hope there's enough of them to go around.

They don't have to deal with carriers, so they can charge far less?
Don't really thinks its the carriers screwing you over. I think they only inflate prices a little bit, not sure how they can charge this little they must have a cost structure very different from the other manufacturers.

Another person who wishes this phone was 5 inches, my LG G2 is just a lil too big.

Sigma722

So any chance of them ever releasing a version with CDMA support for Verizon? I really want this thing and would (try to) buy it day one if it supported Verizon networks...

Verizon's been okay for the past two years for me, but I'm breaking off in September for sure. I hate being tied down to their technical requirements.

reKon

Banned
From the Engadget article:
-----
Even before his mobile days, Lau was already famous for one incident back at Oppo's AV division, where he smashed a Blu-ray player's logic board to, well, express his disappointment in a seemingly minor issue. This was pretty surprising to us, given how humble the man actually is.

"The circuitry wasn't laid out neatly, and I didn't feel good about it no matter how I looked at it," Lau explained to this author. "We compared ours with Denon's -- theirs was laid out beautifully, but ours wasn't. When I had a word with my team, they gave me a bunch of excuses: this would affect the performance, that would be difficult to lay out. Eventually, I went to the head of R&D and smashed the logic board on the floor, stamped on it twice.
-----

Damn, their CEO doesn't play around

Rafy

-----
Even before his mobile days, Lau was already famous for one incident back at Oppo's AV division, where he smashed a Blu-ray player's logic board to, well, express his disappointment in a seemingly minor issue. This was pretty surprising to us, given how humble the man actually is.

"The circuitry wasn't laid out neatly, and I didn't feel good about it no matter how I looked at it," Lau explained to this author. "We compared ours with Denon's -- theirs was laid out beautifully, but ours wasn't. When I had a word with my team, they gave me a bunch of excuses: this would affect the performance, that would be difficult to lay out. Eventually, I went to the head of R&D and smashed the logic board on the floor, stamped on it twice.
-----

I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I wanted a Nexus or Z2 for my next phone but now I've seen this thing... what a beaut.

Cipherr

Stereo speakers on the bottom are perfect for watching vertical videos

You monster.

It probably is. What really surprised me was that it comes with GApps, chinese phone rarely do!

Yeah this here is a good look. Having the Google ecosystem so I still have all my Apps and music is a must. The crazy price and great storage option is icing on the cake. Its even on Android 4.4 Kitkat apparently also. I mean jesus.

This shit is getting soooo extreme. I love it. You can get an incredible phone with current software for lower and lower prices every year. People on Verizon must feel like exiles right now.

JoeFu

Banned
Wow I hope they can match demand and go away from the invite only thing. This phone looks so sexy. I have a Nexus 5 ,but wouldn't mind buying this for the hell of it. Seriously... 300 bucks?

jooso

I just bought a Nexus 5. How can this be so cheap? They must get tiny profit margins or cut corners somewhere.

garath

Between this phone and the Nexus, I can't see continuing with Verizon when my current contract is up. I have no desire to switch networks other than the phone availability. I was VERY upset I couldn't get the Nexus 5 to replace my aging Galaxy Nexus so I settled for the Droid MAXX (very happy with it actually. battery life is insanely good. I have no idea how I'm going to go back to a normal battery phone).

But if Verizon keeps ignoring the stand alone phones they're going to lose my business. :(

Spinluck

-----

-----

Damn, lol.

LilZippa

-----

-----

This doesn't sound like an excuse. I would rather have an ugly board that performs better.

WoodWERD

So could I use this thing in China? I see it has the 900 band but no 2100 band for 3G? Not even sure if that matters. I don't know how much I can rely on 4G LTE over here yet. And have they talked about battery life?

/edit - I suppose I should read some of the hands on links. Says there's an international version, woohoo!

oxidax

The invitation thing is whats turning me off but i guess they'll eventually let us purchase the phone without one.
Believe

Rafy

So could I use this thing in China? I see it has the 900 band but no 2100 band for 3G? Not even sure if that matters. I don't know how much I can rely on 4G LTE over here yet. And have they talked about battery life?

more than day-long battery life according to the official webpage.

Zapages

If the phone was 4.7 to 5 inches… I would definitely get it.. I am still interested… But its phone tab territory right now….

I currently have Galaxy S2… I think the size of it is perfect, but I wish the screen resolution was a bit higher. :)

Edit: I just wish it had SD card slot for storing photos and music. :\

injurai

Banned
There is a FAQ answering most of your questions on the forums, but their site is currently down because it's getting hammered. It is expected to be high quality, and the company was founded by an OPPO executive.

Also, I added press links and a link to a hands on article by engadget in the OP.

Pretty smart to break out on your own and undercut the competition. Hopefully they don't get slammed with import taxes and stuff that would inhibit them from do such things in the long term.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The site won't load for me but I was wondering is this going to be unlocked like the Nexus devices are?

Damian.

Banned
350? How??

The price isn't surprising. It is released for a fair price considering what's in it, something that is rarely if ever done. Hopefully this shakes things up in the phone industry and forces carriers/manufacturers to stop fucking everyone on insanely marked up prices.

This phone is AMAZING!! It would be an instant buy if only it wasn't 5'5 but that price is so tempting. I would love to switch it up with my Nexus as my second daily driver.... Decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom