• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what carriers?

i assume sprint is left out as always. is tmobile at least one? i can definitely switch to them if that's the case. also, need that invite first.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm excited, and I have a N5.
Probably made by child labor.

How good is the battery life? I might get one if it's good.
I like you, but it's in the OP.
3100mAh is above average and you can compare it to the LG G2 (and add on a bit extra), it should be very good.

I'm definitely interested in a 4.5-4.7" version. No way I'm getting a 5.5" screen phone.

Hope this forces Motorola/Lenovo/Google (or whoever is in charge) to drop the Moto X price. That is still THE phone I desire.

NH Apache

Banned
All you Verizon people out there: If you ever want to have a chance at phones like this, you have to go GSM. Cheap awesome phones like the One and Nexus line won't ever be on CDMA. I had to accept this and was a longtime Verizon customer, but I'm happy to say that the grass is much greener on the other side once you're willing to hop the fence.

Verizon and sprint have carried nexus lines in the past.

BigFwoosh

Verizon and sprint have carried nexus lines in the past.
That's true about Sprint, and they're allowing device unlocking now too I believe. Verizon on the other hand had its chance with the Galaxy Nexus (which was still expensive off contract), and that will probably never happen again.

reKon

Banned
I'm definitely interested in a 4.5-4.7" version. No way I'm getting a 5.5" screen phone.

Hope this forces Motorola/Lenovo/Google (or whoever is in charge) to drop the Moto X price. That is still THE phone I desire.

I'm hoping for an updated Moto X with improvements everywhere and maintaining a similar size with a 4.8 inch screen..

#NeverSettle

Kyoufu

Incredible value. Real eye opener. Smashes HTC, Sony and Samsung for half the price.

It's an absolute steal at that price, but it doesn't "smash" anyone as it's not quite on par with those phones.

The Z2 for instance has a better camera, premium feel, front facing dual speakers, noise cancelling technology, MicroSD support etc.

This phone is close though.

Looking at the dimensions and it's actually very similar in size to the Z1 which is just the right side of being too large. The size was the only potential drawback for me but I'm less concerned now.

Edit: Oops, double post.

RS4-

Big chance I can probably get my hands on this. Mall across the street has a dozen mobile shops and they import all the time.

But I won't be surprised if the price is marked up to $500.

I don't understand why are people who have to be at two sides of the extreme. They want an iPhone size of 4 inches or they want 5 inch + beasts. You people are ruining perfection for me and I hate you all.

Lol. I think there's a lot of us (myself included) who don't really want to go bigger than 5". I really hope the next Nexus isn't bigger because anything larger is really pushing it. At least Moto knows where it's at.

I seriously thought this was done sort of joke. Wow. 4.7 version would be amazing. The screen functioning while your fingers are wet is great for me since I work out so much.

Takuan

People are totally going to resell these on eBay when they get them. I'd probably do the same, since I'm not wanting for a new phone and can probably buy one later (if not, I've still got the S4).

I dunno, I'm still 'spicious. It seems too good to be true, but it could just be a ballsy move to obtain presence in a flooded market.

So how would this work in Canada, Rogers specifically? Buy the phone and put my current sim card in it? will it work with their network and my existing plan? Never done something like this before.

Rafy

So how would this work in Canada, Rogers specifically? Buy the phone and put my current sim card in it? will it work with their network and my existing plan? Never done something like this before.

Check what bands your carrier uses and see if they are included in the antenna specs of the phone.

If it's compatible with Rogers (and you don't have something silly like a BlackBerry plan), then you should be okay. Unlocked phones are great.

Takuan

Also, didn't they claim this would be smaller than a Z1?

They did and that's why people are upset. I don't understand how people thought it possible to fit 5.5" in a phone body that is practically all screen itself, but I have no idea why the company would outright lie about it. It's strange.

f0nz0

Why wouldn't this work om verizon, isn't verizon lte now?.. I can't just swap my note 3 sim card into this phone and expect it to work

Swig_

I don't know how any of this stuff works. If I buy one of these, when it is available, do I just go into a T-Mobile store and have them switch me (I'm with Sprint, looking to leave) to their plan and they insert a sim card?

Or is it more complicated than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom