• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplet

Poor Macron is trying to get into the technical details, he doesn't understand that fiscal wonkery is not on the program tonight.

Fisico

Holy hell is this like the worst debate ever?

It feels the same as trying to debate with some dumbass who just didn't listen to what you say even if you try to reason with him, ignore every point you raise and every question that is asked to him no matter what.

It's going nowhere and dumbs down the whole discussion lower than even my lowest expectations and they weren't very high to begin with.

Yes I was the one saying that we should be civil not so long ago

AristoCat

The pattern of this "debate" is rather empty

MLP : "You're Bad I'm with the people"
EM : "you don't answer let me explain [do is speech] "
MLP : why didn't you do it while in the gouverment ? Then [travail famille patrie]"
EM : "you are confusing everything"

And so on.

Ça me blase.

Eolz

Can't even call that a debate.
Awful.
Macron is taking the right stance, but impossible to stop all the lies with that lack of moderation from the journalists...

oti

Banned
You know, this is a shit show too but at least there's no audience clapping. At least this isn't entertainment like the US debates. France doing it a lot better than the US. Le Pen without an audience is a miserable pile of lies.

orioto

Good Art™
Well guys if you were hoping for a classy and smart debate with lepen in it that was scary to begin with :p

That's when we realize what it is to have lepen in second turn!

Mimosa97

What a terrible debate. Fuck this shit.

Macron needs to calm the fuck down. This is his biggest weakness. You can feel his youth here.

Also as usual the moderators are terrible and don't know how to do their job. I wish we had a french version of Anderson Cooper available lol

What a terrible debate. Fuck this shit.

Macron needs to calm the fuck down. This is his biggest weakness. You can feel his youth here.
l

I would agree if he were facing off with someone intelligent. But I prefer his gloves-off style with her. He can't just sit there nodding his head while she spews off lie after lie.

Tiberius

Samuel Laurent was remarking on Twitter that it's his third debate and he's never seen as many falsehoods as MLP's tonight.

Let's never do that again, seriously. There should be a minimal standard and FN simply doesn't meet it.
You understand why she like trump now

Mimosa97

I would agree if he were facing off with someone intelligent. But I prefer his gloves-off style with her. He can't just sit there nodding his head while she spews off lie after lie.

I don't like her and would never vote for her in a million years but in what world isn't she intelligent ? Why do people keep saying this ? I don't get it.

She's a smart and capable woman. You don't get it this far by being dumb.

You understand why she like trump now
I knew that before.
The underlying issue is that we should stop pretending you can have a reasonable conversation with people like her.

I don't like her and would never vote for her in a million years but in what world isn't she intelligent ? Why do people keep saying this ? I don't get it.

Oh yeah, she's definitely smart.
Her platform definitely isn't, nor is it grounded in reality.

She's also an abhorrent human being who can't be excused by stupidity.

OK, I'll give you that she isn't stupid.

But she's a one-song act. Seeing this debate just shows she's not capable of leading a country.

oti

Banned
Her entire strategy is "IT'S YOUR FAULT" and "GLOBALIZATION!!!!".

It's not a bad strategy per se. But she's nervous and her performance is bad.

Sinsem

Wouldn't refusing make him look weak, though?

No, not when the narrative is "the FN is the enemy of the Republic". I really don't like the guy, but I will never call him weak for refusing to debate with Le Pen.

He's destroying her, how was debating a mistake?

No he's not. I get that everyone on gaf might think otherwise, but she's scoring points with a lot of people sadly.

EmiPrime

There have been many thugs throughout history who have gained control of a country.

Jb

She's also an abhorrent human being who can't be excused by stupidity.

She's been raised by crazies from day 1. I would feel bad for her if the damage she's doing to this country wasn't this serious. I'll save my sympathy for those who need it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom