• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

No, not when the narrative is "the FN is the enemy of the Republic". I really don't like the guy, but I will never call him weak for refusing to debate with Le Pen.

No he's not. I get that everyone on gaf might think otherwise, but she's scoring points with a lot of people sadly.

I do think he's talking to much which is hurting him a bit but I do think he's doing great right now.

Oriel

So basically Le Pen is repeating the same type of bollox that helped Trump win the presidency? I feel so much better now. Christ, I just want all these bloody elections to end already.

Eolz

I do think he's talking to much which is hurting him a bit but I do think he's doing great right now.

Same.
He has the issue of either letting go those lies, which would damage him, or waste time on that since the journalists don't care about Le Pen not replying to the questions.
But yeah, he definitely has the right attitude, and is managing to keep a professional attitude.

G.O.O.

No, not when the narrative is "the FN is the enemy of the Republic". I really don't like the guy, but I will never call him weak for refusing to debate with Le Pen.

No he's not. I get that everyone on gaf might think otherwise, but she's scoring points with a lot of people sadly.
It's not like Macron had much to prove in order to win

Simplet

Can we stop with these fantasies about people being dumb as bricks and not being able to see that she's floundering badly? She's getting confused about her own ideas, she's getting murdered.

Jb

Same.
He has the issue of either letting go those lies, which would damage him, or waste time on that since the journalists don't care about Le Pen not replying to the questions.

Or straight up lying.

"Marine Le Pen est revenue sur sa promesse du retour à la retraite à 60 ans : "Je m’engage à ce que ce soit le cas d’ici la fin de mon quinquennat." Emmanuel Macron l'interrompt : "Vous avez dit dès que vous étiez élue, dans les deux mois, ça a changé". La candidate FN nie. C'est pourtant son rival qui dit vrai : Marine Le Pen a fait un grand revirement sur ce point." (Décodeurs)

Kuntz

Y'all don't understand, she has plans and ideas, she will "whatever macron plans and the former governments did that sucs ass"-NOT

Sinsem

Can we stop with these fantasies about people being dumb as bricks and not being able to see that she's floundering badly? She's getting confused about her own ideas, she's getting murdered.

Yeah people are not dumb, I mean she totally did not get 7.5M votes in the first round.

"Everybody's opinion is wrong except mine."

I'm saying you're certainly not the people that she's looking to convince tonight, and I'm telling you, she's getting the work done with them. Not being able to look pass your own bias won't help.
She's a liar, I rarely heard so much bullshit in this campaign (i never watch one of her meetings so maybe she's consistent), but like it or not, that's working. And it's working tonight.

Mimosa97

I'm saying you're certainly not the people that she's looking to convince tonight, and I'm telling you, she's getting the work done with them. Not being able to look pass your own bias won't help.
She's a liar, I rarely heard so much bullshit in this campaign (i never watch one of her meetings so maybe she's consistent), but like it or not, that's working. And it's working tonight.

+1

It won't work on us cause we can see through her bullshit but she's scoring points tonight. It won't be enough for her to win next sunday but still ...

Wallach

Yeah people are not dumb, I mean she totally did not get 7.5M votes in the first round.

She has to make up massive ground with people that did not vote for her in the first round. Not just score points with the morons that did.

mo60

I hope you will never be president.Okay.

Now they are arguing about which terrorist group supported which candidate. The hell.

Until I see a survey that shows otherwise, your prediction doesn't mean a thing to me. Neither does people saying he's destroying her.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

I agree that many people won't look past her lies and just go "yay Marine" for destroying the evil banker, but I doubt it's convincing people who are on the fence. People's biggest fears are:
1) On-the-fence Macron voters who might be tempted to abstain after all if he proves he's just as bad as Le Pen
2) Abstentionists from the get-go who might decide to vote for Le Pen in the end

I don't see 1 or 2 being convinced by her "look at this evil evil banker boy while I avoid talking about solutions" tactic. It's the same spiel she's always had, and she's preaching to the choir, i.e. people who're already voting for her in the first place. She might get some of the more hardcore/dumb Mélenchon voters, but I have a feeling many of them won't buy her rhetorics. It's just too intellectually void and transparent.

Slaythe

D:

What the fuck was this garbage

They're both getting mad, she got under his skin far more that you'd expect considering she had nothing tangible to work with, this is sad to see.

Usually, during the "deuxième tour", candidats should be calm and composed, trying to convince people that don't know who to vote. And it doesn't look like it's the case with Le Pen who is needlessly aggresive, I don't know who coached her, but he / she should get fired.

On another topic, let's talk about perlimpinpin

mo60

Macron is now ripped le pen to shreds on terrorism. He's right that terrorist groups want Le Pen to come into power because it will help grow their groups.

Also what does Macron's controversial statement like three months ago have to do with terrorism.

Eolz

They're both getting mad, she got under his skin far more that you'd expect considering she had nothing tangible to work with, this is sad to see.

Honestly, I'm not seeing it that much.
We can remember how Royal reacted in 2007. Macron is managing to stay relatively calm, as well as you can after that much time.

EmiPrime

She already has the " pieds noirs " vote on lock so why does she keep mentioning Algeria ?

I know one (family friend) who voted Fillon in the first round but is voting Macron second round despite getting pretty mad about what he said on that Algerian TV interview.

G.O.O.

DNuUGqa.jpg

TfyTJj9.png

Trickster

Not watching the debate since I can't understand french. I'm hoping Macron is verbally beating Le Pen's ass though. But from the posts here it just sounds like an all around mess of a debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom