• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

The MLP discord is on suicide watch

wdQLRMr.jpg

Don't understand what they are saying.

mo60

Nevermind it looks like they aren't to happy at how the debate is going for her so far. I had to translate some of the comments to understand what they were saying.

oti

Banned
Serious question, does France have an inferiority complex to Germany?

For us over here France is by far the most important partner. But I don't think anyone would call Germany superior, just stronger economy wise. But not in a bullish way.

"30% max sunday"

"she sucks"

"Well it's over"

"Marine really isn't Phillippot" (VP of the Front National)

'The St-Nazaire construction site were sold to the italians or not?"

"Too bad"

"They're laughing at her on twitter"

"Philippot take the lead"

For us over here France is by far the most important partner. But I don't think anyone would call Germany superior, just stronger economy wise. But not in a bullish way.

There's a lot of people thinking that Germany has the final say in franco-german relations since Sarkozy I think? It was exacerbated with Hollande where he gave people the impression that he was just following whatever Merkel said on various topics.

G.O.O.

"30% max on sunday" (she's polling at 40 now)
"she sucks"
"well, it's dead"
"Marine really isn't Philippot" (her right arm Florian Philippot, better debater (citation needed))
"(irrelevant)"
"that's too bad"
"she's being mocked on twitter"
"Philippot should take over"

edit : crap

TeddyBoy

How much longer is this debate going to be on for?

EDIT:

Can someone confirm if MLP said that imperialism was respecting other nations? Imperialism is almost the direct opposite! (I had the English translations).

Mimosa97

Before the Euro ? Nop.

After the Euro ? Yup.

Some people feel like we've let Germany take the lion share of the wealth by being too weak and too complaisant with them especially since Merkel has become the leader of Germany. The thing is our industry is on life support whereas the germany industry is doing great.

The only time Germany gets mentioned is when we talk about the Euro and money in general lol

France admire german economy and industry.

That's about it.

Simplet

I love how she has to add the adjective "intelligent" every time she talks about protectionism, because everybody knows that protectionism is dumb.

Jb

Mix of jealousy and irritation I'd say. French economy's been in a bad shape for a while now, Germany rebounded faster from the double dip. Germany's been asking other eurozone countries to get their shit together and obviously it hurt the pride of some people here.

Few french politicians would praise Germany as a model we should imitate, but at the same time most of us know you're doing a better job than us dealing with unemployment and globalization.

Alx

Some of her fans wish she had sent her second in command (Florian philippot) to the debate instead of her because he's a better debater on TV. They feel like she's blewing it.

I wonder why Philippot didn't take the lead of the FN when Le Pen "took a break". Isn't he supposed to be N°2 ?

Lepen going full Trump.

She's throwing accusations left and right without any backing.

She's disregarding the institutions, mocking judges (she's a former lawyer)

mo60

I really hope there won't be some sort of leak hurting Macron this week.

There won't be. The one thing that could have leaked this week is fake. I'm not going to mention it here, but people found something really fake that they thought would hurt Macron.

Mimosa97

I wonder why Philippot didn't take the lead of the FN when Le Pen "took a break". Isn't he supposed to be N°2 ?

Not enough support among the hardcore activists. He came in 3rd place behind her niece when they tallied the votes at the last convention.

Please remember he's gay and he's seen as a nefarious influence among most of the old time activists. I bet she thought it was too risky to make him president even if it's temporary so she chose a no-name guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom