• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

The French media aren't allowed to talk politics until the end of the election either. But luckily we have the Belgians on our side. ;)

I'm glad my country will now be known for beer, chocolate, the other FN and saving the French election!

That dude is putting in work, wow

Le Monde updated their article and they should probably fire the intern who can't paraphrase PR for shit:

« Les fichiers qui circulent ont été obtenus il y a plusieurs semaines grâce au hacking de boîtes mail personnelles et professionnelles de plusieurs responsables du mouvement », a précisé le mouvement En marche ! dans un communiqué, ajoutant que ces documents sont tous « légaux ».

They're implying that EM PR said everything was true...

Edit: they updated again to add the rest of the PR. But that was a bad look.

EmiPrime

I'm glad my country will now be known for beer, chocolate, the other FN and saving the French election!

That dude is putting in work, wow

In light of this I'm going to honour my distant Belgian heritage tomorrow by buying a baguette, filling it full of chips and slobbering vegan mayonnaise all over the contents.

Ac30

In light of this I'm going to honour my distant Belgian heritage tomorrow by buying a baguette, filling it full of chips and slobbering vegan mayonnaise all over the contents.

You bastard.

Also is this bread with fries a Walloon thing because I've never seen that anywhere lol, then again I've been away for a few years! Unless the joke whooshed my head :p

EmiPrime

You bastard.

Also is this bread with fries a Walloon thing because I've never seen that anywhere lol, then again I've been away for a few years! Unless the joke whooshed my head :p

My enduring memories of being in Belgium are being able to smoke on the playground at school, playing pinball in bars and chips in baguettes. This was the 90s though.

Ac30

My enduring memories of being in Belgium are being able to smoke on the playground at school, playing pinball in bars and chips in baguettes. This was the 90s though.

I'll have to try and find that baguette then :p

I'm finally moving back after 21 years abroad for various stints, going to be strange adapting to being in my own country.

Anyways sorry for derailing haha

Alrus

You bastard.

We call it a "Routier" (or a "Mitraillette in certains parts) yeah, it's a baguette with some kind of fried meat (Frikandel, Poulycroq or other similar stuff), fries and a fuckton of sauce. It's gross and delicious at the same time.

That was the same for me in France on all three fronts. You just described my high school years.

Chips in sandwiches was like the downgraded version of the Américain here.

EmiPrime

That was the same for me in France on all three fronts. You just described my high school years.

Chips in sandwiches was like the downgraded version of the Américain here.

France and Belgium are pretty much the same thing. I bet Belgians have the same Asterix films on TV around Christmas every year too.

Oreiller

You bastard.

They do similar stuff in La Réunion, except they put lots of cheese on top of it. It's both delicious and disgusting.

Alx

That's a thing? Interesting.

It's only for the last 24 hours before the elections, it's a "truce" moment where voters are left alone to think about their choice quietly. And during the day of the vote, they're only allowed to talk about turnout until the last station closes.

Of course all of that doesn't mean much in the internet era...

G.O.O.

Reaction by the authorities

pZuTUct.jpg

Medias should be responsible, please don't publish the data, and propagating fake news at this time is against the law

Alx

So one night later and it seems nobody has found anything incriminating yet ? It would be funny if all that leak could achieve is show that Macron is clean.
We're lucky it was him facing Le Pen in the end.

mo60

Reaction by the authorities

pZuTUct.jpg

Medias should be responsible, please don't publish the data, and propagating fake news at this time is against the law

Good. Once everything is clear to go the proper people in the media can figure out if anything in that 9GB file is awful. At least the alt right can't share this stuff with people in france at this point.I'm not going to reveal much but the french authorities should be interested in some of the things that are included in that 90GB file.Whoever hacked Macron's campaign is probably screwed if anything incriminating affecting innocent people is in that file.

G.O.O.

Does this mean they can refute it, if needed?
Honestly, no idea

So one night later and it seems nobody has found anything incriminating yet ? It would be funny if all that leak could achieve is show that Macron is clean.
We're lucky it was him facing Le Pen in the end.
Someone found a shitty invoice addressed to a MP

For drugs

Payed in bitcoins

... and delivered at the parliament

So quite an obvious fake, which means others might appear.

Yeah, probably nothing incriminating. Else it would have leaked earlier. It's just to plant doubt in people's minds, which is dangerous in its own right.

mo60

Honestly, no idea

Someone found a shitty invoice addressed to a MP

For drugs

Payed in bitcoins

... and delivered at the parliament

So quite an obvious fake, which means others might appear.

Yeah, probably nothing incriminating. Else it would have leaked earlier. It's just to plant doubt in people's minds, which is dangerous in its own right.
People also found a few other things I'm not revealing that the french authorities will definitely be interested in if they are actually real.

mo60

How do you know they're not fake?

If anything in that 9GB file contains anything personal actually connected to someone the french authoriites may be interested in it. There are definitely fake stuff in that 9GB file but we don't know everything that is fake yet.

Vagabundo

Lol!

For non-French speakers, the guy is writing an email stating that the correct way to call a certain pastry is "chocolatine" whereas "pain au chocolat" is more common.

It's a bit like soda vs pop in the States.

Obviously code for some sort of child sex ring.

Alx

#TeamChocolatine. Come at me.
No surprise he got support from Juppé and Bayrou, the truth is in the south-west. :D

Alej

Banned
#TeamChocolatine. Come at me.
No surprise he got support from Juppé and Bayrou, the truth is in the south-west. :D

What is the difference between pain au chocolat and croissant au chocolat then ? Chocolatine and chocolatine ?

Truth is in the north-east.

indask8

"Pain au chocolat" is common in the north west, "Chocolatine" everywhere else.

EDIT: I was wrong looks like it's only south west for "Chocolatine", and "Pain au chocolat" everywhere else, unless the map I found is wrong.

notaskwid

After Brexit and Trump I can't help but feel uneasy and ask myself if I should just move my Euros to Yen since right now the exchange rate is the highest it has been all year... and if Le Pen happens to win, gosh.

Alej

Banned
Indeed, I have edited my post, I live in the north west so I don't hear "Chocolatine" often.

Back in my young days, my aunt said chocolatine with her bourgeois accent, i remember well how je lui ai fait bouffer sa grosse chocolatine de merde.

Oriel

*Beats head against wall wondering why the fuck political campaigns regard IT security as an afterthought*

If I was to give the Macron campaign any advice right now it would be to lock down all IT resources with RSA SecureID, multi-factor authentication along with domain wide BitLocker encryption. It's two weeks between now and election day so introduce daily password resets on all party email accounts as well. Bring in DGSE if necessary.

A pain in the arse for sure but better that than fucking WikiLeaks dumping gigabytes of emails onto the internet on the eve of polling. GRU has already targeted Macron before so let's hope all necessary steps are being taken.

We all knew this shit was coming from Russia. Thank Christ France has a final day campaigning moratorium in place like we have in Ireland.

Alx

The more I think about it, and the more I believe that the more distuptive move would have been to hack the FN instead. MLP's team would have asked for the whole election to be cancelled, and even if it weren't they could have used it as a weapon to doubt the legitimacy of the new president.
But then leaking the email inbox of FN supporters may be like opening a huge can of worms... or a jar of snakes... a barrel of rabid gerbils...

So with Le Pen saying during the debate that she hoped nothing is going to be uncovered during the coming days or weeks and this happening, can't the police try to see if she was in the know?

BigAl1992

Excuse me fellas, but in regard to that Macron leak last night, I know the media have to report on it as a cyber attack and leave politics out of it, but has there been any reaction at all to this in general on social media in France, because it sounds like no one really cares about it all that much, or am I presuming too much?

Alx

So with Le Pen saying during the debate that she hoped nothing is going to be uncovered during the coming days or weeks and this happening, can't the police try to see if she was in the know?

The police will certainly look into it, but I think she was vague enough to be off the hook.

Excuse me fellas, but in regard to that Macron leak last night, I know the media have to report on it as a cyber attack and leave politics out of it, but has there been any reaction at all to this in general on social media in France, because it sounds like no one really cares about it all that much, or am I presuming too much?

Im not much into social media, but I checked Twitter a few times today (what a load of trash btw), and there doesn't seem to be much happening. You have the usual propagandists spreading FUD and trying to make it a big thing without quoting anything, and others just shrugging it off or posting silly and unrelated pictures.

Sinsem

No ones cares apart from some FN activists and the usual russian bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom