• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alx

Technically even individuals on social networks aren't allowed to do propaganda after midnight today.

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affi...ARTI000006353094&dateTexte=&categorieLien=cid
Article L49
Modifié par LOI n°2011-412 du 14 avril 2011 - art. 4
A partir de la veille du scrutin à zéro heure, il est interdit de distribuer ou faire distribuer des bulletins, circulaires et autres documents.

A partir de la veille du scrutin à zéro heure, il est également interdit de diffuser ou de faire diffuser par tout moyen de communication au public par voie électronique tout message ayant le caractère de propagande électorale.

There's no way you can prevent them from doing so, though.
I wonder if it's a true leak or another fake. The Macron team was so proud of being cautious against phishing and (not) sharing strategic information through emails.

Magni

That Mediapart interview was really interesting, thanks for the link.

Fuck Wikileaks. There's a difference between divulging something nefarious and dumping a shitton of emails without any context (emails which they themselves admit to not even having verified the authenticity of).

Ac30

It's probably too late to affect the results either way. Vote is in one day and the media can't legally report on it.

Alx

I honestly doubt they'll be able to find a smoking gun there, maybe the intent is to cancel the elections. So many people would be delighted to have another go. :D

tuxfool

Banned
It's probably too late to affect the results either way. Vote is in one day and the media can't legally report on it.

Pretty much, even today it is still hard to push nonsense stories out to the general public without news organizations ineptly fanning the flames.

Mr Swine

Banned
It's increadible frightening how Wikileaks and the Russian are trying to destroy society by spreading lies and leaks like this. Why hasn't Twitter banned Wikileaks?

Pedrito

Ok, so it's not Wikileaks who dumped the documents (well officially...). They're just talking about it. Still...

@wikileaks

Who benefits? Timing of alleged dump is too late to hit vote but will surely be used to boost hostility to Russia & intelligence spending.

Ah the good old "Who benefits?"...

They're not wrong about the timing, though, as whatever is there won't be propagated by French media. It doesn't seem like a super efficient method.

(Listening to the Mediapart debate, it's good, civil and interesting)

G.O.O.

this dude I don't know checked a few files (huge dump, so no time to browse through everything) and says it looks like fairly standard boring campaign stuff. Might be just a desperate attempt to destabilize instead of revealing something valuable.

They're not wrong about the timing, though, as whatever is there won't be propagated by French media. It doesn't seem like a super efficient method.
the campaign is over in 15 minutes. They can't defend themselves.

Ac30

?

Probably their usual supplier. Publishing that stuff on Wikileaks' own site would have been a tad too obvious.

Ah, makes sense. This is total bullshit though and will probably dominate social media over the next few days for no reason.

Mael

Please keep us posted, I'd be interested to hear if the turnout is similar to the first round.

Won't be able to tell you I was in France during the 1st round.
Unexpected travel trip I didn't even have time to make a procuration :/

e:I'll try to stay connected and post about my experience there, I probably won't do the counting if they even allow us to like in mainland.
And you better believe I'm going to lower the % of that shitty racist woman if I can!

this dude I don't know checked a few files (huge dump, so no time to browse through everything) and says it looks like fairly standard boring campaign stuff. Might be just a desperate attempt to destabilize instead of revealing something valuable.

the campaign is over in 15 minutes. They can't defend themselves.
I know that. All I'm saying is that conversely, they will lack short term media relays in France.

This is still pretty fucking disgusting, obviously.

Ac30

Won't be able to tell you I was in France during the 1st round.
Unexpected travel trip I didn't even have time to make a procuration :/

e:I'll try to stay connected and post about my experience there, I probably won't do the counting if they even allow us to like in mainland.
And you better believe I'm going to lower the % of that shitty racist woman if I can!

Thanks!

G.O.O.

From what I'm reading, people seem to agree that nothing seems incriminating (unless they find that EM likes pineapple pizza or some shit I guess). However there's still a chance that some fake documents sit among very real ones.

I supported wikileaks once. Can't express how ashamed I am about that.

Mael

From what I'm reading, people seem to agree that nothing seems incriminating (unless they find that EM likes pineapple pizza or some shit I guess). However there's still a chance that some fake documents sit among very real ones.

People like pinapple pizza in france or Speed Rabbit would have stopped that shit when people would throw their delivery guys from the streets.
Like you think we take crime against food like US people who put 12 eggs in a crepe cake?

Ac30

Since there's so little time the real danger is a good fake in all the real trash.

Have any French media sites picked this up? I looked at Le Monde but so far nada, and the clock just struck 12. I'm glad they seem to be avoiding this shit.

G.O.O.

People like pinapple pizza in france
X1mE2px.jpg

Since there's so little time the real danger is a good fake in all the real trash.

Have any French media sites picked this up? I looked at Le Monde but so far nada, and the clock just struck 12. I'm glad they seem to be avoiding this shit.
I'm pretty sure they had some last minute hard editorial talks, about whether they should report on it. I expect they'll discuss it next week.

So.....who's leading?
The last polls gravitated towards 62/38 for Macron.

Edit: that pineapple pizza statement is defamatory! We don't like that shit. No one really buys from Speed Rabbit, they're just a front to launder money while they send their delivery guys on imaginary errands.

Mael

I don't think they can cover it actually.
It would go against the law about campaigning.

ok I want to know where you found that.
Also at least it's not Dominos, how we did not throw that into the sea I'll never know.

Ac30

I don't think they can cover it actually.
It would go against the law about campaigning.

ok I want to know where you found that.
Also at least it's not Dominos, how we did not throw that into the sea I'll never know.

Small consolation :/

This shit is so blatant; dump it because they know Macron can't respond. Beautiful. New thread worthy indeed.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I want to hear more politicians about how is good to have great relations with the country that tries to fuck everybody's elections.

Mael

I want to hear more politicians about how is good to have great relations with the country that tries to fuck everybody's elections.

I don't even want to know that Asselineau is a real name and I got enough fucking Mélenchon that I ever need to get ever again.

Eolz

Oh ffs wikileaks...
That said, I think it's too late and too unimportant to do any real damage. Seems like it's a last minute attempt with whatever they had.

Ac30

Oh ffs wikileaks...
That said, I think it's too late and too unimportant to do any real damage. Seems like it's a last minute attempt with whatever they had.

If this is the worst they have on Macron he'd be your cleanest politician ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom