• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7aged

Salted butter wins for sure. The best ones are the ones with the veins of salt crystals.
Sweet and savoury. mmm

Fistwell

I was going to bring up galettes (which are not a thing) vs crêpes de blé noir (which are a thing) but I don't want to be instigating riots. Also, kig ha farz. If your white is sweet you're a monster.

I was going to bring up galettes (which are not a thing) vs crêpes de blé noir (which are a thing) but I don't want to be instigating riots. Also, kig ha farz. If your white is sweet you're a monster.

Galette is salted, crêpes are sweet.

Don't wake up the Dragon

Khaz

I was so relieved when I moved to find out that UK had their butter salted. Couldn't live without it honestly.

This chocolatine stuff reminds me of Germans talking about Berliner vs. Pfannkuchen.

Berliner and Pfannkuchen aren't even remotely the same though. o_o
Berliner (also known as Krapfen in Southern German areas) are buns filled with jam.
Pfannkuchen are pancakes, and in Germany particularly they're even closer to crepes than the thicker pancakes in the Anglosphere.

I think if you read literally anything you would see the answer is no. Macron will win by at least 20 points.

Ist this supposed to be a good thing, though? If 40% of votes go to a far right candidate in a country which definitly should know better something's definitly wrong with it.

Berliner (also known as Krapfen in Southern German areas) are buns filled with jam.
Pfannkuchen are pancakes, and in Germany particularly they're even closer to crepes than the thicker pancakes in the Anglosphere.

"ich bin ein Berliner !"

MacBosse

He has the same chance of winning as Canada has in hockey against France

350.png

I know, I'm German. And that's how I see it too.

But people actually living in Berlin call Berliner Pfannkuchen and Pfannkuchen something else entirely.

They're cray-cray.

Edit: I think they call Pfannkuchen Eierkuchen instead.

"ich bin ein Berliner !"

Yes, that's why that line is considered to be amusing to Germans. :p

I know, I'm German. And that's how I see it too.

But people actually living in Berlin call Berliner Pfannkuchen and Pfannkuchen something else entirely.

They're cray-cray.

Well I don't call either of them that. Berliner are Krapfen (as mentioned) or Sufganiyot to me, and I know pancakes as Palatschinken. But I'm also in Austria. To me all of you Germans are cray-cray, putting sauce on perfectly good Schnitzel or calling Spritzer "Schorle".

Except Bavarians. They're cool.

Fliesen

Ah, ok. Thanks.

1.02 means for a wager of 1 dollar you'd receive 1 dollar and 2 cents.
(Your profit being 2 cents on a bet of one dollar)

That's roughly the equivalent of betting on a team to win, 5 minutes before the game ends, when they're 3 goals ahead.

just, fyi.

Aurongel

I'm seeing scattered word of lower turnout during the runoff. Does anyone have any sources to corroborate or refute that sentiment or is it still far too early to get a quantitative estimate?

Afaik people in Berlin call Berliner a Pfannkuchen.

Eolz

Le Louvre is such a beautiful place to do it.
Obviously nobody wanted to in a while due to the link to Napoleon, but still! Hope we'll see the Pyramid in some historic shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom