• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't lepoo just run again in five years when Brexiter 2: More Brexit is around

You mean Brexiter 2: Electric Brexiloo.

But yes, she can. Five years are a long time though, who knows how the political dynamics in France change in that time.

France can now join Canada & Germany as the allies of the 21st century.

Oh, I see how it is. *sulks in the bitterness corner along with the Dutch*

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Glad Le Pen lost. Shame it couldn't have been a better final candidate, but that's life - comme ci comme ça.

Just goes to show what can be accomplished if many prominent conservatives consistently denounce an abhorrent candidate, and the media refuses to hype stolen information.

Dy_Cy

Yaaaay not Le Pen.

Now time to prepare ourselves for the legislatives and 5 years of protestations to counter our next president.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
thank you France for not voting the nutjob, now when I move there I won't have an uphill battle. Merci France. :)

Slaythe

Can we stop talking about the useless election results and focus on the real victory ?

74dbae0821e13a991fe3c7c69989a58f.png

The sensible people won. We won.

Thank you.

Also now, let's look forward to Nicolas Dupon-aignan's speech in the next days. The despair is going to be succulent.

AYF 001

Glad to see the French remember not to let themselves experience a second fascist occupation.

Now they need to target to the root causes of the feelings of people who voted for her to make sure they don't come back.

Elandyll

Banned
Cucurbitacée;236017093 said:
35% for Front National is still way too much, but it's better than them being in power.

Yes.
Otoh those fuckers (FN) toned down (officially) the racist rhetoric and went full populist / anti establishment/ pro middle class/ poor workers and immigration/ Muslim blaming in a global wave of such support.

I'm really glad he did more than 60%.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Better numbers than Sarkozy, Hollande, less than Chirac.

I expect MLP to not try this again, I'm not even sure the other LePen will have a chance to bother again, even if Macron didn't do well over the next few years. I think it's more likely to see a new party try to pick up the FN's ball, unless they think getting rid of the LePen family will give them a better chance.

dosh

Abstentionists wouldn't have voted Le Pen. Her voters turned up.
She didn't underperform really.
That's the point: most of these 26% wouldn't have voted Le Pen, and even without them, Macron won by a significant margin.
Ten days ago, we were preparing for a 55/45 victory for Macron.

Anyway, she lost, that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom