• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistwell

You have to imagine LR's going to do a much more thorough vetting next time. Or, you know, actually try to get their guy to step down when he said he would.
Fillon is no more corrupt than the other guys. If anything, he used a look a little cleaner than the others, certainly a hell of a lot cleaner than sarkozy for example. Fillon stepping down would have been meaningless, no one credible wanted to step in.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Recap:
-Mexicans are rapists
-build wall
-grabbing pussy
-Mexican judge
-Obama not American
-no support from his own party
-etc.

Trump still won with his dumpster fire campaign.

If there is another terrorist attack, she will win. Votes are influenced more by emotions than facts.

There was a terrorist attack days ago. How did it impact her vote?

necrosis

And again I'd like to point out France doesn't have the electoral college, its the only reason Trump won. I really do think Le Pen can't win.

If I could I'd vote for Macron if I lived there.

yeah this is important; you don't have to worry about democracy being undermined by an outdated institution

Fisico

Hamon could always come back - he's probably the best candidate that PS has fielded in years.

On what metric?
His failure is spectacular, he wasn't helped at all but there's no denying that (and this is coming from someone that likes the person and his program a lot)

He also said he will not come back.

Fillon is no more corrupt than the other guys. If anything, he used a look a little cleaner than the others, certainly a hell of a lot cleaner than sarkozy for example. Fillon stepping down would have been meaningless, no one credible wanted to step in.

???
Juppé was more than ready.

Lautaro

When is the next round? I want to know how long are we going to have people freaking out in this forum and repeating the same false equivalencies.

Alx

On what metric?
His failure is spectacular, he wasn't helped at all but there's no denying that (and this is coming from someone that likes the person and his program a lot)

That's unfortunate for him. He had a huge opportunity and blew it (not even on his own), but it's sad to kill a whole career like that.

When is the next round? I want to know how long are we going to have people freaking out in this forum and repeating the same false equivalencies.

Two weeks from now, Sunday.

benjipwns

Banned
Hey, run "TBA" they always poll better than actual candidates!

Neither did Trump. Electoral college.
He faced it, he just didn't win it.

Did you watch those debates ? She won neither of those 3 debates.

According to who? Your ass?

2rwfHlB.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
Recap:
-Mexicans are rapists
-build wall
-grabbing pussy
-Mexican judge
-Obama not American
-no support from his own party
-etc.

Trump still won with his dumpster fire campaign.

If there is another terrorist attack, she will win. Votes are influenced more by emotions than facts.
What we didn't account for is that Americans love hearing that shit. France probably ain't falling for that type of rhetoric.

Fistwell

OMG Why Duflot and Poutou have the right to talk ? They're nothing, they're representing no one, just stfu and move...
I didn't vote for him, but I'm glad Poutou gets to talk. He has convictions. He does represents some people. Duflot? Yeah, fuck duflot.

Alx

What we didn't account for is that Americans love hearing that shit. France probably ain't falling for that type of rhetoric.

Yeah that was the schtick of MLP's father and the reason why he never got more than 20% support from the population. The smart move from MLP was precisely to cut (hide) all that stuff from the FN official speech.

There was a terrorist attack days ago. How did it impact her vote?

It was minor and did very little if you go by the polls.

Just the fact that it's down to Macron and Le Pen has set the stage for her to take advantage of any future attack. This election will be decided by the moderates. Swing voters are the most disastrous in any election.

Edit:
Also, the fact that she has made it this far should be setting off alarms. We unfortunately, in the U.S., didn't take Trump seriously until it was too late.

Edit 2:
Very troubling that she's #2 and beat the more moderate candidates.

benjipwns

Banned
Yeah that was the schtick of MLP's father and the reason why he never got more than 20% support from the population. The smart move from MLP was precisely to cut (hide) all that stuff from the FN official speech.
Her brave stance against the Holocaust should be commended.

Fisico

That's unfortunate for him. He had a huge opportunity and blew it (not even on his own), but it's sad to kill a whole career like that.

I don't think I'll ever have enough tears for that (fun fact:
The main town of the circonsciption he's the deputee of is where I was born, though he's not from there at all it just was an easy win and he was dropped there as one of the main figure of PS in 2012 lol
)

Lets hope the liberal option doesnt miserably fail like Clinton did.

Given the polling indicates Corbyn is not just going to lose, but lose in a historically bad way, I'd say he should be praying to lose only as badly as Clinton...who won the popular vote.

Is that a joke ? Well nevermind.
I thought i was in a french election thread

The string of discussion you quoted is clearly talking about Clinton.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
On what metric?

Huh? Hamon never said he wasn't coming back, at least not during his speech. All he said was that he and the PS had failed, and that he was supporting Macron for now even though he doesn't reprresent the left.

Mimosa97

Canadian girl I'm dating just texted me that she's watching a french channel online and she's shocked that Macron was filmed kissing both his male and female followers on the cheeks LMAO

Oh boy ... How do I tell her that I do the same with my male friends ? lol

Canadian girl I'm dating just texted me that she's watching a french channel online and she's shocked that Macron was filmed kissing both his male and female followers on the cheeks LMAO

It's time she learned what a bunch of savages we are.

Alx

Lol, so I guess it's her first contact with France ever. :D
(don't Québécois practice the "bise" ? I always assumed they did, those I met in France didn't seem unfamiliar with it)

Danish news is giving it to Le Pen with a tiny lead.

Is that the latest French numbers?

They're probably quoting the official numbers from the ministry that are added as they come, but large cities don't vote like the smaller ones and their results arrive last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom