• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

marmoka

Banned
Just brillant :
Ct_vm3cWAAAaGbD.jpg

Hahaha.

No NX this week. And there's supposed to be another announcement related to Pokemon the next one.

I think they won't talk about NX until one week after Paper Mario gets released in Japan. That would be about October 20th. But then there's the NES Mini. I hope they don't say at the investors' meeting that they will talk about NX after the NES Mini launch.

I would say it would be nice to see NX before the meeting, but it could also be a bad idea. Imagine if NX gets a very bad impression and feedback between users, and internet shows a huge dislike with the system, just like with Federation Force. The meeting would be a huge mess with investors complaining with anger.

Could Friday 28th or the day after Halloween be the day?

maxcriden

Maybe it was four all along I am not certain it ever was 5.

Nice to hear they're on track. I just hope for a worldwide release.

No, you were totally right. It was definitely 5 originally since they addressed the decrease to 4 specifically after the SMR announcement. :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
EA was just the worst during the Wii era. :(

Tiger Woods was great on the Wii, as was Boom Blox and its sequel. They also gave us Grand Slam Tennis, which was excellent.

EA was fine during the Wii era.

Hahaha.

No NX this week. And there's supposed to be another announcement related to Pokemon the next one.

I think they won't talk about NX until one week after Paper Mario gets released in Japan. That would be about October 20th. But then there's the NES Mini. I hope they don't say at the investors' meeting that they will talk about NX after the NES Mini launch.

I would say it would be nice to see NX before the meeting, but it could also be a bad idea. Imagine if NX gets a very bad impression and feedback between users, and internet shows a huge dislike with the system, just like with Federation Force. The meeting would be a huge mess with investors complaining with anger.

Could Friday 28th or the day after Halloween be the day?

There's nothing happening next Tuesday. The pokken Pokémon announcement is next Thursday. Nintendo makes their big announcements mostly on Tuesday. So, October 11 would be the day to have circled on the calendar. October 18 is the Pokémon demo and October 20th is also free (plus after Paper Mario like you said).

I'm hoping for NX announcement on October 11 and reveal on October 20.

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah I'm starting to believe we might not get the full reveal this year either. Perhaps some teaser or just summary information. If that Boogie rumor was right 'I wish we had done that' means it's not particularly hard to pull off, just a clever idea, so Nintendo might be even more worried for copycats than usual. If the other rumor is true that it will be dirt cheap, there's no need to save money for it through Christmas, and then you don't want your message to get lost during the Holiday advertisement season, which starts any moment now. Releasing right at the end of your fiscal year also never made sense to me, why ruin a good tax cut, so I expect it to slip into April May anyway.

So best to just expect mobile stuff during this financial briefing. Did DeNA and Niantic already show up on previous books? I wonder what Pokemon Go and Miitomo (lol) is doing for them.

marmoka

Banned
There's nothing happening next Tuesday. The pokken Pokémon announcement is next Thursday. Nintendo makes their big announcements mostly on Tuesday. So, October 11 would be the day to have circled on the calendar. October 18 is the Pokémon demo and October 20th is also free (plus after Paper Mario like you said).

I'm hoping for NX announcement on October 11 and reveal on October 20.

I read somewhere there would be something new about Pokemon then. Apparently I misunderstood it, or it was wrong from the beginning.

October 11th could also happen, at least for the reveal date announcement. But I think there are more possibilities for 18th or 20th because of Paper Mario.

I don't know if 11 or 18, but something tells me we will get news about NX this month, but not yet. I have assimilated we will get nothing these days, that I'm really calmed, or my hype has decreased to the deepest bottom. At least I'm not obsessed like I was in September, with the feeling that something official could come anytime, and ending the day with frustration because we got nothing, haha.

jmizzal

Tiger Woods was great on the Wii, as was Boom Blox and its sequel. They also gave us Grand Slam Tennis, which was excellent.

EA was fine during the Wii era.

Even the Madden games were selling well Wii until EA did that All play crap

ggx2ac

I am wondering about Nintendo's QoL with relation to Nvidia. (Which is relevant to the financial briefing seeing as we only ever hear about QoL during financial briefings.)

Basically this was in the news, http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Com...over-Japan-chipmakers-as-partner-on-AI-robots

I've been watching the Nvidia keynotes at the GTC events and learned things with regards to deep learning.

If anyone remembers the QoL stuff, it mentioned using the cloud for monitoring your health and iirc giving you advice.

I think applying deep learning to this would be a big deal for AI and I've seen Nvidia creating a lot of partnerships with companies worldwide for Nvidia chips that are used for AI and deep learning.

Hence why I was thinking if QoL is still happening, Nvidia would be a likely partner especially due to the Eurogamer rumours about NX.

I read somewhere there would be something new about Pokemon then. Apparently I misunderstood it, or it was wrong from the beginning.

October 11th could also happen, at least for the reveal date announcement. But I think there are more possibilities for 18th or 20th because of Paper Mario.

I don't know if 11 or 18, but something tells me we will get news about NX this month, but not yet. I have assimilated we will get nothing these days, that I'm really calmed, or my hype has decreased to the deepest bottom. At least I'm not obsessed like I was in September, with the feeling that something official could come anytime, and ending the day with frustration because we got nothing, haha.

Yeah, idk about the pokemon thing on the 11th. I haven't seen anything. I don't think announcing an NX reveal date on October 11 will impact Paper Mario in Japan (since it releases October 13/14). The full reveal they'll probably want to leave until after Paper Mario has released in Japan, which makes that October 18-20 the perfect week. Also, it's the week before the investors meeting.

Your hype has probably decreased, like most people, which is fine. The excitement will be through the roof once Nintendo announces the NX reveal lol.

Noi_

Banned
Interesting, don't wanna say to much, but reveal announcement the week of the investors meeting and Dec. 6th reveal. You guys are gonna love it.
I'll see you all then ;)

Man I feel so relieved right now.

So, NX announcement date will be announced on Investors week and the full reveal will be December 6th.

Sucks it's awhile away, but we finally have a date feels so good.

December 6th is such a weird day. That's on a Tuesday AND it's in the middle of the holiday season. Idk it seems kind of dumb and doesn't make sense for a business move.

Interesting, don't wanna say to much, but reveal announcement the week of the investors meeting and Dec. 6th reveal. You guys are gonna love it.
I'll see you all then ;)

C'mon bish, we need you!

Man I feel so relieved right now.

So, NX announcement date will be announced on Investors week and the full reveal will be December 6th.

Sucks it's awhile away, but we finally have a date feels so good.

Man, you'll believe anything.

December 6, that's right after the Game Awards and PSX? Seems like a weird window if it's about keeping the spotlight to themselves... We gotta get Bish and Nirolak on this, yo.

Malus

Well if it's december then that's more or less when I thought it'd be before all this September/October rumor stuff started. Time to go back into hibernation.

The bigger news is he said we'd love it, which must mean we're getting the long awaited Jungle Beat 2 at launch.

ggx2ac

I'm.not trusting any random poster.

That's why at least posters can be verified compared to just having free reign on Twitter.

Or even verifying your sources with major media outlets that could have similar rumours or insiders helps to give weight to a rumour.

A reminder about Kaioshade's rumour with Bish commenting.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=218978798

Just letting you guys know we have a conflict of rumours.

Reveal is apparently December or January ignoring October.

So with all this in mind, we're bracing ourself for no real news at the briefing other than maybe the timing of when they'll reveal it?

Pretty much what I was expecting, really. We're at that awkward phase where October has technically just begun but timing an event for two or so weeks away is getting a bit tight.

I'll see you all then ;)

My top two rules for weighing the credibility of NX rumors:

1. Any rumor that claims EG/WSJ/MCV/IGN are lying clickbait sites, or at least easily deceived, is bullshit.
2. Anyone who claims to know the exact reveal date is full of shit.

NateDrake

this is what I've been trying to tell everyone for months

and everyone just gets mad at me :(
This way the expectation of an announcement is removed and when the reveal is announced it'll be a surprise moment.

Instead you all are like kids waiting for Santa to squeeze his fat ass down the chimney so you can open gifts.

Hmmm, Emily said last week that she was going to have an "update" on her October reveal tweet.

Since then she's been taking a week off of twitter, and noted that she's holding back on the update because she needs to gather more info. It was just going to "provide extra context".

I'm curious to know what she has to say about all this considering how tight October is starting to look.

This way the expectation of an announcement is removed and when the reveal is announced it'll be a surprise moment.

Instead you all are like kids waiting for Santa to squeeze his fat ass down the chimney so you can open gifts.

Ha, yeah. That's where I've been ever since the news we'd be waiting till March for this thing. At this point I try not to get too wrapped up in the day-to-day stuff.

Isn't he same guy that keep putting ":)" at the end of his sentences/post and claimed he knew that the NX wasn't a handheld device?

No, that was someone else. They got perma'd. That was the wackest attempt at being a fake insider I've ever seen.

Hmmm, Emily said last week that she was going to have an "update" on her October reveal tweet.

Since then she's been taking a week off of twitter, and noted that she's holding back on the update because she needs to gather more info. It was just going to "provide extra context".

I'm curious to know what she has to say about all this considering how tight October is starting to look.

Ha, yeah. That's where I've been ever since the news we'd be waiting till March for this thing. At this point I try not to get too wrapped up in the day-to-day stuff.

I like how Emily has no credibility with the October reveal, but someone post "yeah something something January NX" is more believed...

Isn't he same guy that keep putting ":)" at the end of his sentences/post and claimed he knew that the NX wasn't a handheld device?
No. That was someone else.

Top Bottom