• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would love to see another support hero in the future, it feels like you NEED a Lucio or Mercy on the team, or a really good Zenyatta. Symettra doesn't cut it on her own for the role.

100% agreed. I played as Mercy mostly and I was in constant demand as I was the only healer most of the time. It was refreshing not worrying about # of kills you had or your KD ratio. I can see myself playing this game for a long, long time.

DrArchon

Yeah I would love to see another support hero in the future, it feels like you NEED a Lucio or Mercy on the team, or a really good Zenyatta. Symettra doesn't cut it on her own for the role.

Symmetra is great, but when you pick her it shouldn't get rid of the "not enough supports" notice. She can't solo support and she's kinda crap on offense, but on defense with another dedicated support she's a beast. Hiding 3 or 4 turrets on a ceiling or behind a corner gets you so many kills, and the free shields are great if your team can manage to stay alive for a decent amount of time.

Yup. Those boxes are a bit to make a shit ton of money.

The boxes are the one thing I'm kinda disappointed with. If you could just pay for the skins you want, I'd be fine but the boxes are so much like gambling. Here, drop some money and get random stuff you might already have. Oh boy.

Ambient80

Reaper on Arcade Mode is lol. Shoot shoot shoot, go invincible. Shoot for two more seconds, go invincible again. Teleport away if shit really gets outta hand.

The boxes are the one thing I'm kinda disappointed with. If you could just pay for the skins you want, I'd be fine but the boxes are so much like gambling. Here, drop some money and get random stuff you might already have. Oh boy.
You don't get repeats, you get coins which can be used in whatever you want.

Harprabh1

Neo Member
I want to try this game but i'm worried about the longevity of this game. The only place I can really play Overwatch is on my PS4, but it feels like the main audience is the PC. I fear that the online play will not stay populated for months to come.

I want to try this game but i'm worried about the longevity of this game. The only place I can really play Overwatch is on my PS4, but it feels like the main audience is the PC. I fear that the online play will not stay populated for months to come.

You'll be fine on the PS4. Think a boatload of Gaffers are playing on the PS4.

Ramirez

I wouldn't worry, this game, IMO will be the premiere MP title on PS4 until new CoD/BF, and even then it'll be fine. Weren't the Diablo ports very successful on consoles?

DrArchon

I will gladly purchase individual skins, but I will never spend money on loot boxes. 99% of the stuff in them is worthless to me (sprays, voice clips, PotG animations) so why should I have to pay for stuff I don't want?

Give me a dedicated shop for cosmetics or a way to buy gold and I will throw money at Blizzard, but I refuse to buy lottery tickets for the costumes I want.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You die so much in this game, it all feels so goddamn random.
I like playing heals but then you get matched with a garbage team and it doesn't matter if you can heal. Roles should be forced if this is really a team play game. A suggestion to play tank is stupid. A suggestion to play heals is stupid. They are necessary. A good suggestion would be to tell the healer to stay with the tank(s).

You should not be dying THAT often, homey. Are you changing your characters to counterpick?

Apathy

Crazy hype for this game, but its already dropping on Twitch. There was 370,000 viewers at launch and already dropped to 210,000 with LIRIK's viewers dropped from 75,000 to 38,000. Give it a week and LOL and DOTA 2 will go back to top of viewers.

people sleep, people play instead of watch?

Boke1879

Yea. It's definitely going to exploit the people with no restraint.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I gave Symmetra another try. Her kit is really weird, but getting kills is incredibly satisfying. Sometimes you just have to spam turrets/orbs and let the enemy run into them for you.

ebil

Haha, just got PoTG as Symmetra just doing whatever on Hollywood Defense. Same game, switched to Lúcio later on, killed an enemy Reinhardt with melee attacks. Then somehow managed to kill him twice again when he came back.

I'm still bad, they're just worse

A suggestion to play tank is stupid. A suggestion to play heals is stupid. They are necessary. A good suggestion would be to tell the healer to stay with the tank(s).

Not exactly your point, I know, but that's actually not a very good way to play Mercy. She works best when you're jumping to whoever needs healing, tank or no. Same with Lucio, he should be sticking with the biggest group to maximize his area healing, tank or no.

Oh god. I wanted to love this game.

I loved it during the beta. I spent the entire time post-beta so hyped.

I honestly don't know what happened.

Oscar

I will gladly purchase individual skins, but I will never spend money on loot boxes. 99% of the stuff in them is worthless to me (sprays, voice clips, PotG animations) so why should I have to pay for stuff I don't want?

Give me a dedicated shop for cosmetics or a way to buy gold and I will throw money at Blizzard, but I refuse to buy lottery tickets for the costumes I want.
Yeah, I liked their approach to skins in HOTS.

Straight cash or in game gold for skins.

Crazy hype for this game, but its already dropping on Twitch. There was 370,000 viewers at launch and already dropped to 210,000 with LIRIK's viewers dropped from 75,000 to 38,000. Give it a week and LOL and DOTA 2 will go back to top of viewers.

Dude.. it's well in the morning in Europe and nearing midnight in the east coast.. people actually have things to do. Don't be quick to make conclusions.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They did a great job with scoring in the game. Taking emphasis off of KDR was very smart.

Really? That's not good. So how can I play with friends?

the only possible way right now is to have one person search and get into a game, then you can join them, which will put you into spectator mode if its full, so u have to wait till someone quits. It doesnt guarantee you will be on their team either. As it doesnt actually group you up with them that way

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ping is decent for me in the american server, cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom