• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
New BrokenTier shirt, I think its pretty cool

getgood_mock_sticker_large.jpg

https://www.brokentier.com/collections/get-good

They spelled it wrong

funcojoe

Sbmm is in. One game of me going 28-1 and now I'm in sweaty try hard games. Ugh. I wanted to give up the try hard bull of destiny for this but it looks like that isn't happening. I knew the first game would be the most fun I'll ever have with this.

BraXzy

Has Winston had a buff since open beta? He seems to wreck now and gets picked up a lot. Or maybe people are just playing him better?

Not seen the changes (if any) between beta and release.

Tabby

He is amazing in king of the hill mode because he's very useful in pushing the enemy team off the point and his shield ability also works the best in control points.

I feel like he's one of the hardest heroes to play. It's not like he's super tanky or does much damage so when you jump into a group of enemies, you'll be focused down; I can see how his ult would be useful but I wouldn't want to pick him just to wait around for the ult to come up.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Has Winston had a buff since open beta? He seems to wreck now and gets picked up a lot. Or maybe people are just playing him better?

Not seen the changes (if any) between beta and release.

It feels like his ultimate charges alot faster than the beta. Just my observation.

RevenWolf

It's kind of upsetting how no one speaks even in the PC version.

I've found that you can coax people into speaking depending on how you do things/ the nature of the game.

For overwatch I usually get people talking by playing as mercy, and just mic chatting explaining that they can use their handy dandy quick menu "I need a heal button" when they feel that enough blood has left their system to cause some concern.

In this game in particular I get the best results while being pretty upbeat I find.

I've found that you can coax people into speaking depending on how you do things/ the nature of the game.

For overwatch I usually get people talking by playing as mercy, and just mic chatting explaining that they can use their handy dandy quick menu "I need a heal button" when they feel that enough blood has left their system to cause some concern.

In this game in particular I get the best results while being pretty upbeat I find.

Good to know. I've got 2 real life friends to play with, but always looking for more voice chat people.

KillerMuffin#1218 in case anyone's interested :)

blamite

I was considering picking this up on PC to play with a friend, I meet all the minimum specs except I just have Intel HD Graphics 4000 (minimum specs say 4400). Anyone have any experience playing with that/have any idea how fucked I'd be?

Otherwise I'll just go with PS4.

Less than 4 hours from official release and already "git gud so many bad players" eliteness. Not sure what I expected. Meh.

Well, yeah, just like every other online MP game ever made, there's always going to be that element. A loss is forever going to be someone else's fault to those spuds, they'll always be flawless A#1 hot shit in their own minds. Blizzard can sell it as casual-friendly all they want, but like every other MP game in a few months it'll be dominated by poopsockers with bedsores on their ass cheeks and newcomers will likely find it a disappointing waste of money. Enjoy it while you can. Play some bot matches. Mute the assholes, or laugh at them when they rage. Find a good group of people who don't consider every match to be the most important moment in their lives. Above all else, don't let a bunch of shitheads steal your fun away just to stroke their own egos.

MayMay

Banned
Got play of the game as Mercy and it was litearlly me healing a 2 people and reviving a single person.

Must've been a really uneventful match. lmao.

I think I'm done for the night, network performance seems even worse than a few hours ago. Just moving around in the game feels like being in a mosh pit sometimes, with the game's lag compensation shoving you around a whole bunch. Felt a lot better in the open beta, but maybe traffic's higher at launch. Either way, even when we win it doesn't feel all that great to play right now. Hope it settles down some tomorrow.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yep love them removing anything that could make games toxic.

I do think toxicity is part of it, but it's also versatile enough to promote people playing their class the way they're supposed to play it. Tanks get accolades for blocking damage, healers get accolades for healing partners, etc.

Rize_21

I take back what I said about arcade mode, I have a headhache due to blinking constantly with Tracer, played 4 hours straight, and of course Rngesus rewarded me with the Rescue Mei epic skin, of course!
It was a blast to inaugure the game with gaffers, had some dc here and there, but the fun man, it's top notch.

EndMerit

Yeah well. It was nice not being totally outclassed for the first 3 hours. I already can't handle all these godlike Genjis and McCrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom