• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
You die so much in this game, it all feels so goddamn random.
I like playing heals but then you get matched with a garbage team and it doesn't matter if you can heal. Roles should be forced if this is really a team play game. A suggestion to play tank is stupid. A suggestion to play heals is stupid. They are necessary. A good suggestion would be to tell the healer to stay with the tank(s).

Rudiano

Banned
Crazy hype for this game, but its already dropping on Twitch. There was 370,000 viewers at launch and already dropped to 210,000 with LIRIK's viewers dropped from 75,000 to 38,000. Give it a week and LOL and DOTA 2 will go back to top of viewers.

Really love this game, can't wait till I get a group of people to pay with consistently cause a lot of these randoms are clueless. There's no need for double characters.

Crazy hype for this game, but its already dropping on Twitch. There was 370,000 viewers at launch and already dropped to 210,000 with LIRIK's viewers dropped from 75,000 to 38,000. Give it a week and LOL and DOTA 2 will go back to top of viewers.
A week? I'd be surprised if they held the lead until tomorrow.

Anyone else getting random disconnects? Didn't have this issue in the beta :/

I had one of my 3 group members DC, then a game later I DC'd, then a few games later another guy DC'd TWICE. Bit of an odd issue, but I'm hoping it solves itself soon enough once people stop hammering the servers.

Oh, game is still fun AF, though I need to get into a 6 man, having half your team not on discord is a killer sometimes

matmanx1

Did not play the Beta so tonight was my first taste of Overwatch. I had a very good time and a lot of fun and won more than I lost, so it was a good first night.

On defense I can already see the power in Torbjorn and Bastion. I think Torbjorn is actually more fun but Bastion's turret form is also really useful for defending a point.

On offense I struggled somewhat. I started to feel a little more comfortable with D.Va when pressing a point but really had the most success with Reaper, who seemed really easy to get kills with.

I completely sucked with Roadhog but got one shot by someone else playing as Roadhog. How does that work again?

And how does Mcree's ultimate work? Press Q and then press Q again to actually shoot?

Boke1879

Done for now. Had a great time on PS4. Love Mercy. Love sitting back healing people and buffing up their attacks.

that said I definitely need another main. Preferably someone with offense. Or maybe a building. Who would you guys suggest for a noob like me?

Also feel free to add me on PS4: Boke18

Rocketz

And how does Mcree's ultimate work? Press Q and then press Q again to actually shoot?

Yes. Each enemy in vision has a red skull above them when they can be killed. It has a small charge and enemies with less health take less time while enemies with more health take longer to get the skull.

You die so much in this game, it all feels so goddamn random.
I like playing heals but then you get matched with a garbage team and it doesn't matter if you can heal. Roles should be forced if this is really a team play game. A suggestion to play tank is stupid. A suggestion to play heals is stupid. They are necessary. A good suggestion would be to tell the healer to stay with the tank(s).

...what's your handle

to avoid being matched up lol

DrArchon

So apparently I have a "leave game penalty" of -75% XP even though I haven't left any games. Maybe its from the server time outs and shit?

How long does that last?

Also, the lack of people picking supports is appalling. I'm joining matches that are 2/3 of the way done and picking Mercy and Zenyatta and I'm getting gold medals for healing. That shouldn't be happening!

Boke1879

short lived hype? if only games can maintain the hype such as other games I mentioned

I don't think twitch should be any indication of anything. It could just be people looking to check out the game because it's at the top and then tuning out. This game is fun as hell but it'll come down the how often Blizzard supports it. This game is already a hit. It'll have it's community and it'll be fine.

Shinigami

Done for now. Had a great time on PS4. Love Mercy. Love sitting back healing people and buffing up their attacks.

that said I definitely need another main. Preferably someone with offense. Or maybe a building. Who would you guys suggest for a noob like me?

Also feel free to add me on PS4: Boke18
I would suggest trying Pharah and Tracer. Very fun offense characters. Soldier 76 is also an easy character to play, for the most part.

Dreavus

So apparently I have a "leave game penalty" of -75% XP even though I haven't left any games. Maybe its from the server time outs and shit?

How long does that last?

Also, the lack of people picking supports is appalling. I'm joining matches that are 2/3 of the way done and picking Mercy and Zenyatta and I'm getting gold medals for healing. That shouldn't be happening!

Yeah I would love to see another support hero in the future, it feels like you NEED a Lucio or Mercy on the team, or a really good Zenyatta. Symettra doesn't cut it on her own for the role.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Coming from TF2 I was a little sad that this game seemed like it had no Spy equivalent class.

Then I tried Reaper. Not exactly Spy but gives me the same kind of nimble yet highly-damaging and chaos-inducing experience that I'm used to and love.

Just spent a solid 2-3 hours with the game and I'm really enjoying myself. I wasn't a beta player so I'm having the off round here and there trying out a new hero, but the balance seems decent enough that you can find a few that suit your play style and run with them.

I'm really enjoying Reaper, Tracer, and Soldier: 76 so far. Reaper's teleport + Ultimate is an excellent combo when you're trying to capture a zone full of enemies.

How do I get my hearthstone card back for my Xbox one origins edition

There are some instructions on the insert if you bought physical.

No clue on digital. Maybe just linking your accounts will do it although I couldn't get it to work earlier, kept getting an error message when trying to login to my Microsoft account.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Anyone want to roll on PS4? Been having a ton of fun but my buddy just got off. I'd love to get a group together to chat while we learn the game. I intentionally skipped all beta so I'm brand new and just trying out new characters!

If you'd like to join up, add PSN: crophonso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom