• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slixshot

Banned
qflPOWG.jpg

SoGood.gif 😍

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lost even though we were at 99% twice. I tried to put my team on my back doe

No luck

Get on the point. What is wrong with people?

FrsDvl

I got Tracer's Mach-T in one of my first loot boxes.

I was wondering, like what is the max level you can get to, and if you reach it, do you stop getting loot boxes? Has anyone clarified this?

Zaventem

Played alone for an hour last night, and also had a blast. And it was my first game ever, didn't play beta.
I like how the game tells you "need support" "more offense" etc., helped me a lot since I am not very familiar with all characters.

I did notice the support characters being picked less, so I decided to pick Lucio whenever we attacked, and it seemed to work for a couple of matches.
On defense, I picked Bastion until I get familiar with other options.

And now I'm hooked, I'm letting my daughter sleep in a bit more so I can squeeze a couple of games before work :)
I am even hooked on cosmetic items, even though until yesterday I was sure I will not care about them at all.
But not hooked enough to pay real money for them

There was a site that covered overwatch and found teams with lucio win more. He's probably the best support in the game.

Apathy

tick rate still stupid as fuck.

On my screen, use junkrat's mine, clicked it, went on cooldown to try and push a reaper away from me/kill him it did neither and he kept moving forward and killed me.

On his screen, not only did i not use my mine, he killed me before he even starter walking towards me.

Yeah, fuck that. It went on cooldown, I expect it to have worked not given my opponent some bullshit kill

Daft Punk

Banned
Your laser beams extend like a mile in front of you, but I have to be standing right next to you to do damage. Symmetra y u do dis.

I got Tracer's Mach-T in one of my first loot boxes.

I was wondering, like what is the max level you can get to, and if you reach it, do you stop getting loot boxes? Has anyone clarified this?

You get "promoted" and just restart back at 1 no unlocks are lost so it's a great deal. I think it goes to level 1000.

mulac

So this seems to be very favorable on all platforms (except XBONE party issue)?

I'm at work reading through but keen to give this a whirl later tonight (Aussie, PC) when things settle down.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god today was a holiday in BC. Played for 6.5 hours with no interruption.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Weekly Brawl mode is amazing.
Right now it gave me 2x to HP and 1/2 to ultimate generation and ability cooldown.
Pick Tracer and GO FAST, and also RYU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAE

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoyed my first session but time to sleep now. Only a handful of rage kids which was nice, hopefully people can keep their rage in check seeing as the games are so short.

So after spending $20 on some loot crates I got both the devil skin and battle angel intro for Mercy. I didn't really care for her devil skin at first but now I do enjoy it because of her unique ult line, "Heroes never die... for a price"

Any tips for Zymetra?

Hang back and don't go in alone. Look for teammates low on health and toss them a healing orb.

Any enemies that your team is up against, throw a discord orb at. His primary/alt fire is really strong too. He does a shitton of damage doing discord+steady fire. You just have to be patient and stick with others. Going in alone is asking to get oneshotted by a sniper or anyone else.

edit: oh symmetra, I read zenyatta lol. Yeah, throw the turrets in small or busy chokepoints and bait them into it while supporting teammates with alt fire

Your alt fire goes through shields. Your turrets shred en masse. Try to build to defend a side avenue, and bait people into it.

I put torrets on the walls but I dont see any significant damage, like tracer slap me in the face and run away.

Hang back and don't go in alone. Look for teammates low on health and toss them a healing orb.

Any enemies that your team is up against, throw a discord orb at. His primary/alt fire is really strong too. He does a shitton of damage doing discord+steady fire. You just have to be patient and stick with others. Going in alone is asking to get oneshotted by a sniper or anyone else.

Woot?

SRTtoZ

My first game with Widowmaker was nuts. They got the payload all the way to the end then we made a stand, I got up high and went ham with 38 eliminations. Felt good.

Any tips for Zymetra?

Alt fire goes through literally everything that isn't terrain, including barriers (Reinhardt) and players, so spam it into the middle of oncoming pushes. Turrets have 2 strategies: either you cluster 'em up at chokepoints, or you scatter them for situational awareness. The latter requires some high-level map knowledge and team comp, so you might as well focus more on the former. You want them somewhere out of line of sight on approach, as well as safely away from most splash damage. It's a tricky balance, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. I'd also recommend trying to localize them at points your team is going to be hanging out around, because the slowdown they apply turns enemies into significantly easier targets. Your main fire can do some impressive ass damage, but takes a while to spin up, so don't try and take people on solo. The shields you hand out are largely useless, but hey, might as well make sure they're around.

Kiko

Hmm maybe this was discussed already during beta but I am new to Overwatch. I have a decent PC and can run with High seetings, hovering above 100FPS. I have a 144hz screen, so I am wondering if I should turn Vsync on or not? Should I cap the FPS to monitor max (144?)

Magnus

Isn't quick play supposed to put you into the same rough level/rank as other folks? I still feel like I'm often paired against players that just blow me away. I really need to get better, lol. I rock as Mercy, but for offense, I can't seem to aim and land shots as well as the folks I see in killcams. The sniping is unbelievable. How do you get that precise?

Long story short, how do you FPS? I suck.

Hmm maybe this was discussed already during beta but I am new to Overwatch. I have a decent PC and can run with High seetings, hovering above 100FPS. I have a 144hz screen, so I am wondering if I should turn Vsync on or not? Should I cap the FPS to monitor max (144?)

Vsync adds input lag. Try capping framerate via your gpu if there isn't a good setting for in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom