• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone playing this on Apple hardware? Tossing up between getting this for my MacBook Pro (2015 model with a Radeon R9 M370X) or PS4. No gaming PC, sadly.

First blizzard game in years that is Windows only
Or do you mean playing on your windows partition? Then never mind :D

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Is anyone playing this on Apple hardware? Tossing up between getting this for my MacBook Pro (2015 model with a Radeon R9 M370X) or PS4. No gaming PC, sadly.

I love my MBP with 750M. It's a great, great device. But the GPU just plain sucks for games coming out in 2016. It was never high-end to begin with; but it's pretty much crap now. And unfortunately, the 370X in yours isn't a whole lot better.

If you had a 960M or better, I'd say go for the PC version; but you/we don't.

I'd highly recommend going PS4, then. This game demands good performance - it's a very fast-paced, very twitch heavy shooter.

RevenWolf

I suck at aiming. Any tips?

A general rule when walking on level surfaces is to keep your crosshair parallel with the ground. This should have you aiming at centre mass at all times.

I notice most people tend to have the aimer pointing slightly down towards the ground (up to 30 degrees) which increases the time you have to shift your aim to a potential target.

TheYanger

Mouse input thing seems... mostly fixed after switching to fullscreen from borderless windowed. Hoping it keeps up.

Just had the most AMAZING 3 rounds on Ilos. Well, okay, actually rounds 1 and 3 were kinda mediocre, but round 2 was astonishing. They got to 99%, we were at 30, thing went into overtime and we managed to sloooooooowly, slooooooowly force it all the way up for a win.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Lucio is a lot of fun once you get a feel for his healing/speed beats auras and when to use which. The speed boost in particular has saved my ass countless times against the likes of Roadhog and Reinhardt (who were absolutely demolishing me as Zenyatta, Symmetra, and Mercy). It's great to play a fast and nimble support character since you're often the first target. In fact one of my favorite new habits is to get right up in the fray with my team and annoy the other team's Reinhardts and Roadhogs with Lucio's dorky little sound gun (healing aura blasting away). Before they can kill me I momentarily switch to the speed boost and then skate away, "Not today bitch."

I would almost argue he's got the best survivability of any of the support characters thanks largely to his ability to get the hell out if dodge in a pinch if things get too hectic. The only nut I'm still trying to crack with him is his wall-running ability - I keep forgetting he can even do that.
When I started playing as Lucio I read a guide on how to use him effectively and it had one great piece of advice.

Keep shooting even when there's no enemies. (Obviously not into walls etc.)

His sound bullets are very slow, so there's a big chance that you'll hit someone poking from behind a wall/suddenly appearing in the way.

Longshot here but is anyone with a PS4 copy not interested in their Noire Widowmaker skin code?

I guess there was a production mistake and mine included two copies of the Origins Goodies code instead of one of each, so I never got the Noire code. I don't have high hopes of Blizzard or PSN support fixing this and I really wanted the skin.

I'm of course willing to trade the extra Origins code for it as well if you want an extra for whatever reason.

And out of curiosity, did anyone else preordering the physical copy from Amazon also have this problem? Haven't seen any other word of it online yet.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Longshot here but is anyone with a PS4 copy not interested in their Noire Widowmaker skin code?

I guess there was a production mistake and mine included two copies of the Origins Goodies code instead of one of each, so I never got the Noire code. I don't have high hopes of Blizzard or PSN support fixing this and I really wanted the skin.

I'm of course willing to trade the extra Origins code for it as well if you want an extra for whatever reason.

And out of curiosity, did anyone else preordering the physical copy from Amazon also have this problem? Haven't seen any other word of it online yet.
It seems my girlfriend does have such a problem with her retail PC version. We will write a message to blizzard support later

patchday

I'm calling now that this game suffers the same fate as Titanfall, Rainbow Six Seige, Evolve, etc. The gameplay and progression systems simply aren't good enough to sustain a large scale community long-term. I hope I'm wrong because this IP deserves so much more than a few multiplayer maps and characters.

Will be interested to see when the first batch of new content arrives.

Can you guys imagine an Overwatch RTS game?

not everyone needs a lot of grind to keep them interested lol. I've been playing this game for months already. Been in beta for a long time

MUnited83

For you.
Another big issue I have with this game is that you get rewarded less as you play more. That feels kind backwards to me.

I'd like to see them add some kind of daily objective system. Complete 3 objectives, get a loot box.

As you level up more, the XP curve grows exponentially, which means you get way less loot boxes as you put more time into the game. It's kinda weird.

I believe it stops getting harder when you reach level 20. Not sure though.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
alright guys.

fess up. how many of you spent the $40 for the 50 loot boxes?

If I was guaranteed the two or three skins that I really want, I would do it. But pure luck? Nah.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
alright guys.

Mh. If I still play in a month or so, I could see myself buy the 10€ package every two months or the 50€ package once a year.still cheaper than drinking or smoking.

SRTtoZ

This game will have legs because Blizzard is behind it. I mean look at Diablo. I'm having a bunch of fun but man Bastion is seriously too good. I really wish it was more MOBA like team wise where you can't have duplicate heroes on each team. Last game I had 3 Tracers, just looks stupid.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm worried I might hit fatigue soon. I'm really enjoying myself, but the lack of gameplay customization options is kind of a big deal for me. That's what drew me back into TF2 once they starting adding in new weapons, gear, and costume options.

I know it's obviously still very early, but have they said anything about adding in new loadouts for existing characters? Or do they only plan on adding new characters to switch things up.

Wanderer5

Decided to get on to wrap up getting to level 8, and YESSSS I got the Okami Hanzo skin from the loot box. Think I like Lone Wolf a bit more, but I take Okami anyway.X3

16BitNova

I love too. Fantastic area denial hero.
Yes, so powerful as a mech and rewarding to get kills outside the mech. When you're in the mech its all in their face and then as just D.Va its careful movement and precise shots to get your mech back. Two different, both fun, playstyles in one hero. Awesome!

alright guys.

I did, no shame in it. 5 0 B O X B O Y Z

Ended up with 1400 gold, and Blizzard strongly recommending that I play Widowmaker

uaWeK9X.jpg

Nowy

Had a really funny moment as Genji earlier today. Enemy McCree used his ultimate and I dashed over to him, got as close as I could, and deflected his High Noon. Poor guy killed himself.

I'm calling now that this game suffers the same fate as Titanfall, Rainbow Six Seige, Evolve, etc. The gameplay and progression systems simply aren't good enough to sustain a large scale community long-term. I hope I'm wrong because this IP deserves so much more than a few multiplayer maps and characters.

Dont underestimate the Blizzard name. This game is gonna have legs

Ark

So I bought ten loot boxes last night when the game launched and another fifty this morning.

Got some amazing skins and over 2k gold, but I've satisfied my loot box urges for a few days at least.

I am a weak man.

I'm worried I might hit fatigue soon. I'm really enjoying myself, but the lack of gameplay customization options is kind of a big deal for me. That's what drew me back into TF2 once they starting adding in new weapons, gear, and costume options.

I know it's obviously still very early, but have they said anything about adding in new loadouts for existing characters? Or do they only plan on adding new characters to switch things up.

New characters only. No new weapons or abilities for existing characters.

Karak

alright guys.

A lot of xbox players are getting nothing. I was going to hit the switch and then 5 teammates all ordered random amounts and none of them got any loot boxes and had to contact support. 5 out of 7 lol. Not the best odds.
I won't be touching any of the cash stuff for now. Lots of reports about it being a bit touchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom