• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what's going on with my PC performance-wise. For the past few months I was getting an unshakable smooth-ass 70fps on Ultra (everything maxed except medium AA and 100% render scale), but on the final release I'm getting sub-60, and more importantly it just feels stuttery as hell when it didn't feel remotely stuttery before. Anyone else experiencing this? Dropping down to a mix of medium/high hasn't fixed it, which is kind of surprising.

Also: Helmet-less Hockey Lucio already unlocked. It's all downhill from here.

I have 2000 coins to spend. What do people think are the best skins/highlight intro's? :D

Can't decide what to buy!

Who do you like playing? I'm fond of the stonehardt, b.va, and firefighter mei skins, although the okami hanzo skin is probably the best in the game, because it changes your voice lines and ult effect... I just don't play Hanzo.

MGrant

Bastion is so good with team support and his back to a wall. So good. I can understand the OP claims if people are talking about when he has a Reinhardt or Widowmaker support. But there are still counters to that, and honestly if a team wins because they are doing the bare minimum of teamwork and your team isn't (you could, for example, get Symmetra to shoot through Reinhardt's shield, or get a Tracer/Genji combo to take down both Widow and Bastion), they kind of deserve the win.

I actually think the game is shockingly good for a solo player, it does an excellent job of gently nudging players to think of their team first. It's always rough for the first few days of new players coming in, but in a week or so, people will be more conscious of what they're doing regardless of how many are using voice chat.

His heals and speed boosts are passive right? Unlike say Mercy where you have to use your staff to heal.

You can also see the number of people in your healing/speed boosting range in the center of your screen. Helps when you are in a big group to know when people start to drift away, or when you are starting to venture too far out from the group.

Ghazi

Thanks, guess I will get my fill on some Twitch streams and save $60.
Like I said, this is just me personally. I played with a group all today, I'll probably almost always be playing with a group. That's just how I see the game. The reasons I gave you are true of almost any online team based game. You may always find that you have an enjoyable solo experience you never know. If you're on PC I'd recommend the $40 copy or wait for some deals online, it's still a pretty great game.

Trickster

How do you use her effectively? Is she mainly intended to keep enemies out of a defense point?

Enough hp to be able to survive long enough to freeze and kill most people in a 1v1 situation

Crazy CC with her wall and ult

Crazy survivability with her invulnerable self heal

Her alt fire turns her into a dps/sniper at will

Her Ult freezes people so fast that it's practically impossible to avoid if you're in the area of effect regardless of how close to the edge you are

In general she's just a ridiculous all round character that can do pretty much everything, dps, selfhealing, team utility, sniper etc

Enough hp to be able to survive long enough to freeze and kill most people in a 1v1 situation

Crazy CC with her wall and ult

Crazy survivability with her invulnerable self heal

Her alt fire turns her into a dps/sniper at will

Her Ult freezes people so fast that it's practically impossible to avoid if you're in the area of effect regardless of how close to the edge you are

In general she's just a ridiculous all round character that can do pretty much everything, dps, selfhealing, team utility, sniper etc

And still somehow outpicked by McCree by good players.

BraXzy

Who do you like playing? I'm fond of the stonehardt, b.va, and firefighter mei skins, although the okami hanzo skin is probably the best in the game, because it changes your voice lines and ult effect... I just don't play Hanzo.

Pharah, Genji (Not a fan of any skin of his), Hanzo, Reinhardt and Torbjorn are my most played so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just had a match against 5 tors and 1 bastion. we actually struggled alot with the first point and barely captured it, then rolled over the second point lol

Literally got that skin on my first loot box.

God DAMMIT the mouse issue I was having from the beta is back! It's fucking bizarre, occasionally when I'm playing this game (and ONLY this game) my mouse just straight up stops taking inputs. No moving, no clicking, no nothing. Updated my mouse's firmware, nada. Why god why?

Crono27

God DAMMIT the mouse issue I was having from the beta is back! It's fucking bizarre, occasionally when I'm playing this game (and ONLY this game) my mouse just straight up stops taking inputs. No moving, no clicking, no nothing. Updated my mouse's firmware, nada. Why god why?

Is it razor?

Xeteh

How in the everloving fuck do you deal with Mcree and his flashbang into right click combo?

Short of not existing near him.

As a Mei player, I bait it. Otherwise, don't fight him up close. With Mei, I rush him and as soon as he reacts to me, I Iceblock. If he's good he doesn't Flashbang me, otherwise I win.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Mei is so incredibly fun.
Pharah is so incredibly fun.
Winston is so incredibly fun.

Fuck

IvanJ

Banned
I dunno, I mostly played alone tonight and had a blast.

Played alone for an hour last night, and also had a blast. And it was my first game ever, didn't play beta.
I like how the game tells you "need support" "more offense" etc., helped me a lot since I am not very familiar with all characters.

I did notice the support characters being picked less, so I decided to pick Lucio whenever we attacked, and it seemed to work for a couple of matches.
On defense, I picked Bastion until I get familiar with other options.

And now I'm hooked, I'm letting my daughter sleep in a bit more so I can squeeze a couple of games before work :)
I am even hooked on cosmetic items, even though until yesterday I was sure I will not care about them at all.
But not hooked enough to pay real money for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom