• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

16BitNova

Man I wish Lucio's wall run was just holding the direction of the wall. Holding X on controller and trying to change direction or shoot is rough.

Any tips with how to use the guy with the dreads? I'm not understanding he's mechanics.

As soon as the round starts, make sure the buff is on speed and you press the button that increases that buff's power. Once you make it to the objective, switch it to the healing buff and make sure you keep spamming the strength buff.

Rinse and repeat

Ghazi

Didnt play the beta but am interested. Is the game worth getting if you play solo? I have few friends who will play this and probably not many chances to play together.

The OT mentions an XP boost for playing with friends and I worry about always lagging behind if I go at this on my own.

XP in this game only increases a number and gets you cosmetics, everyone is on an even playing field. That being said, I, personally, wouldn't get the game if I was a solo player.

How in the everloving fuck do you will with Mcree and his flashbang into right click combo?

Short of not existing near him.

Just pray. They nerfed him from the first beta and he's still the best character in the game. Instantly freezing an enemy and unloading a stupid amount of damage in them its like the dumbest FPS idea lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bastion has a lot of counters but I still don't like saying Genji is one since you can easily bait the reflect and just kill him after it, he gets lit up in a second and without that can't effective down you vs. your dps.

I mean, for now it does work because almost every person playing Bastion is awful, but long term I don't think it's a great idea.

Pharah is your go to girl to kill any builder though, just weave and shoot rockets to destroy torbjorn or bastion.

And yeah people will soon start hating on Mccree because fuck that guy.

zedge

Since they want this game to be e-sports material there likely isn't going to be ultra wide screen support. it would give those with 21:9 monitors an advantage. If they do add it I'd imagine they'd limit the player field of view to compensate and that sucks.

That sucks, hopefully flawless widescreen has a fix for it soon.

RevenWolf

If you're not killed while the teleport is casting, as you must be in line of sight to do this.

If you can get close enough before you're sawed in half by the bullet hell.

If you can get close enough before you're sawed in half by the bullet hell.

If you have really good aim and absolutely nobody else has noticed you're on the battlefield.

If you can get close enough before he breaks your shield in three or four seconds and you're sawed in half by the bullet hell.

In 99% of all situations on the maps in this game, this will not be applicable.

If you're lucky and he happens to be in a corner.

But the list doesn't really disprove anything.

He needs to either do less damage per shot, have greatly reduced accuracy at range like just about every other turret in just about every other game ever, have a 180 or 270 degree rotation range of his turret, or have a longer reload/smaller clip.

1. GENJI: Close enough? Err not really, if your close enough to be sawed in half by "bullet hell" you're officially close enough to wreck bastions fun with your E.

2. Reaper: Maybe teleport from an angle that isn't in HIS line of site, because bastions are omnipotent, they don't see all.

3. Junkrat: If you want hypotheticals about you needing good aim and the enemies not noticing you, then I think we are allowed to say "what if bastion has terrible aim, and is also blind".

4. Roadhog: Not really an issue if you try to flank from where he is firing, again, he's not omnipotent, by the time he sees you coming, he should be in hook range or you're playing the map wrong.

5. Reinheart: See above, flank.

Xenophage

Neo Member
Some heroes are. Some not so much. Mei, Winston, bastion, d.va and symmetra aren't particularly twitch at all. Tracer is pretty twitchy. Widowmaker's all about getting those pixel perfect headshots. You can pick to match your playstyle and ability.

Prevent you from getting slotted into a skirmish while you wait in queue.

Ah. Thanks.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just pray. They nerfed him from the first beta and he's still the best character in the game. Instantly freezing an enemy and unloading a stupid amount of damage in them its like the dumbest FPS idea lol

*cough* Roadhog *cough*

We were rolling double Winston for KOTH, and our whole team switched to him:
tumblr_o7nz69ibkf1qdmrf4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7nz69ibkf1qdmrf4o2_1280.jpg

_Legacy_

Are people still crying about Bastion? Makes me laugh.
If you run with a team that can't adapt then fine, otherwise he will be forced to switch when you focus on him and get a few easy kills.

Ok zarya is clicking with me, man her barriers and her damage output afterwards are insane.

Yeah, she turns into a wrecking ball, you just gotta stay aware of how short the barrier durations are. Putting one on preemptively almost never works out.

How much are loot crates and is there a limit on how many you can buy?

2 boxes - $1.99
5 boxes - $4.99
11 boxes - $9.99
24 boxes - $19.99
50 boxes - $39.99

I don't know if there's a limit, but at some point you'll run out of things to get.

Xenophage

Neo Member
Lucio?

He has a song that broadcasts a constant buff to everyone around him. There's an indicator at the center of the screen showing how many people currently affected by your song. You can switch between two songs, one slowly heals, and the other is a speed boost. You can also increase the power of the current song with an ability. His primary fire is a three round burst, and his alt fire is a short range knockback with a cooldown. His ult gives a shield to all nearby allies, with a lot of durability, but that rapidly deteriorates.

His heals and speed boosts are passive right? Unlike say Mercy where you have to use your staff to heal.

XP in this game only increases a number and gets you cosmetics, everyone is on an even playing field. That being said, I, personally, wouldn't get the game if I was a solo player.

Ok, kinda worried about that. What is the sticking point about playing solo?

We were rolling double Winston for KOTH, and our whole team switched to him:

They have like the worst of all time team comp to counter that in KOTH. Two healers, a Reaper who gets bodied by everybody, Tracer doing no damage dashing around helplessly, and Zarya just trying to shield...the healers? Who can she even stay around.

lol

RevenWolf

Bastion has a lot of counters but I still don't like saying Genji is one since you can easily bait the reflect and just kill him after it, he gets lit up in a second and without that can't effective down you vs. your dps.

I mean, for now it does work because almost every person playing Bastion is awful, but long term I don't think it's a great idea.

Pharah is your go to girl to kill any builder though, just weave and shoot rockets to destroy torbjorn or bastion.

And yeah people will soon start hating on Mccree because fuck that guy.

True, but unless you flawlessly stop shooting before he starts reflecting you are going to be taking quite a bit of damage.

In most cases a bastion player will stop shooting after .5 seconds to 1 second, and will usually be under half health as a result.

If you have teammates attacking, you win that fight, if he's at 25% or lower, you know exactly when your reflect ends and can throw your damage to kill him first or shift to safety.

He is a counter to bastion, just doesn't mean that a genji should ALWAYS win regardless of skill imo.

They have like the worst of all time team comp to counter that in KOTH. Two healers, a Reaper who gets bodied by everybody, Tracer doing no damage dashing around helplessly, and Zarya just trying to shield...the healers? Who can she even stay around.

lol

they probably could have won if they all went reaper lol.

marrec

Banned
How do you use her effectively? Is she mainly intended to keep enemies out of a defense point?

She's pretty effective for attack as well. She can heal (while being invulnerable) then instantly ice wall off any attackers to reposition. Her right click is stronger than you'd imagine and has quite the long range, her left click can disrupt enemy attackers very quickly and her ult can lead to a team kill.

Just remember to use her abilities to survive and hopefully block enemy damage.

Her ice wall is good for mobility as well, it can boost yourself and teammates up to areas they wouldn't normally have access too.

Be more aggressive with her; she is super tanky.

lol

Zarya and Zenyatta were the best ones out of the team to fight him. The problem is that whenever Zarya tried to do her ult, we all dropped our shields. You can't just break through six shields.

Slixshot

Banned
Yeah, she turns into a wrecking ball, you just gotta stay aware of how short the barrier durations are. Putting one on preemptively almost never works out.

2 boxes - $1.99
5 boxes - $4.99
11 boxes - $9.99
24 boxes - $19.99
50 boxes - $39.99

I don't know if there's a limit, but at some point you'll run out of things to get.
Or money. You can run out of that too.

Wanderer5

Hanzo and Pharah are still the top dog for me, but I gave Torbjorn some love. Don't think he going to dominate among characters for me unlike the engi in TF2 through.:p

And as for Bastion, eh, maybe he could use a ranged accuracy nerf, but otherwise whatever heh.

Apathy

But they're not remotely the same thing. Waiting for players means it needs a person or two to fill a game, barring a couple more leaving. It's not going to move youfrom there to another lobby, it is going to fill that lobby. If you're leaving those games you're part of the problem, they fill quickly otherwise. Skirmishes are ACTUALLY just you being in the queue not being matched at all.

They are the same thing in that they have you playing when it doesn't matter, just don't do that to people who say no to skirmishes, just let them sit in the menu until it actually has all the players. Wow, hard concept

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
You bought in blindly without the beta too IIRC right? Glad you are having a good time.

Yep, completely blind bought the CE; really really great first impressions tonight. I want to keep playing, but it's midnight :-(

So far, for me, I've had the most fun with Mercy and Hanzo - though I think I'm good with the former and can admit I suck with the latter.

RevenWolf

Parties using gimmick teams are annoying as hell. Being completely one dimensional + teamwork is nasty, lmao.

I love teams like that because me and my friends are pretty well versed in character counters lol.

The last all same team we faced was widowmakers, me and my friend went Zarya and Winston and just had a field day hunting them down XD

He ended up with a 15 player kill streak before the enemy team started to break morale and change characters.

Was one of my fondest matches, we lost, but it was in overtime for ages right on the point, I felt both sides played brilliantly and was smiling the entire time.

Whales

Banned

lol

in the beta we went all reinhardt vs winston team

they got rekt really easily, winston's crap dmg cant do anything to rein

Draconian

Its day one, may as well get it out early. Love how he gets a pass for calling something op that isn't....

Other people have responded to him discussing counters. Can we get beyond the "You just suck!" playground talk please? Especially when the game's been live for a whopping 6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom