• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
72% win rate on Torbjorn, 71% on Lucio. Either I'm great at champions that have huge passive buffs and also a pretty good sidearm, or noobs have no idea how to deal with these two heroes.

I should play some Bastion and settle the question.

Kyzon

Anyone else wanna play on Xbone? I'm having tons of fun with Gaffers tonight.
Pretty much going Lucio most of the night.

GT: Kyzon Xin

patchday

This game will have legs because Blizzard is behind it. I mean look at Diablo. I'm having a bunch of fun but man Bastion is seriously too good. I really wish it was more MOBA like team wise where you can't have duplicate heroes on each team. Last game I had 3 Tracers, just looks stupid.

so glad Blizzard doesnt agree with you

Apathy

God damn stop putting me into already existing games, specially losers.

Why would you do that, it just frustrates players, just give me the option to not get those games or don't put me in them by default. I don't care if the people in those games are going to lose, just punish the ones that left and be done with it

Not working today but my copy hasn't arrived yet and I have no trust in f*****g Chronopost for delivering it today.

And even if I do get it I understand that there's a 10gb patch to download? Mercy...

NastyBook

Bruh, there's a share button for a reason.
According to that XBOX photo sharing thread, some people don't like snapping a shot, putting it to a USB, then uploading the image to a website on their PC. Too time consuming, apparently. I'm pretty shocked by that, myself.

Schryver

Blind bought last night and loved the 4 hours I just played. Still need to try a bunch of heroes but so far I like Marcy and Pharah the most probably. Reinhardt is cool too.

RevenWolf

72% win rate on Torbjorn, 71% on Lucio. Either I'm great at champions that have huge passive buffs and also a pretty good sidearm, or noobs have no idea how to deal with these two heroes.

I should play some Bastion and settle the question

How do you not see the ocean of salt surrounding bastion and not know the answer to your question? :p

Kept getting an error every time I tried to join a party. Tried to restart the game and then I couldn't get past the title screen. I actually had to restart my PS4 just to get it to work at all.

Other than that though, it's great. I get the feeling I'll get into this game as deep as I got into Modern Warfare 2 back in high school.

This game will have legs because Blizzard is behind it. I mean look at Diablo. I'm having a bunch of fun but man Bastion is seriously too good. I really wish it was more MOBA like team wise where you can't have duplicate heroes on each team. Last game I had 3 Tracers, just looks stupid.

3 Tracers is like begging for someone to go Winston. If I remember right and Winston's weapon has 50 DPS, it'll only need to take 3 seconds to kill a Tracer. And with Winston, you have a gun that locks on to targets and you have mobility to catch up with a Tracer. Symmetra and Torbjorn are also good anti-Tracer choices, turrets wreck Tracer's shit and Symmetra also has an auto aiming gun that kills Tracer in a few seconds.

God damn stop putting me into already existing games, specially losers.

Why would you do that, it just frustrates players, just give me the option to not get those games or don't put me in them by default. I don't care if the people in those games are going to lose, just punish the ones that left and be done with it

Because it's better that you're slightly inconvenienced than the other 11 people are now in an even shittier game. As people keep leaving, the losing team just gets more and more outmatched? Not good.

Trickster

Do we think legendary skins are related at any higher rate in purchase loot boxes?

Doubt it, there's nothing stated that I've seen that should lead anyone to believe they are any different than the level up loot boxes.

Also, if he got 1 legendary out of 50 boxes, that is abysmally bad value, even with 1400 coins.

Talked with a rly cool guy while we were playing. Both of us played through the division and dark souls 3 and agreed that this game is a refreshing change of pace. Lovin it.

Do we think legendary skins are related at any higher rate in purchase loot boxes?

Nah, I highly doubt that, if anything there might be a pity timer like in Hearthstone.

In Hearthstone you will definitely get a Legendary card in 40 packs, then when you get a legendary, the timer rolls over and starts again. I don't know if there's anything like that in Overwatch though.

Edit: I wonder though, I've never gone 20 boxes without getting a Legendary in the closed beta and the open beta. And I got two legendaries out of 50 boxes, so 20 might be the magic number, wonder what's the longest drought possible.

RevenWolf

3 Tracers is like begging for someone to go Winston. If I remember right and Winston's weapon has 50 DPS, it'll only need to take 3 seconds to kill a Tracer. And with Winston, you have a gun that locks on to targets and you have mobility to catch up with a Tracer. Symmetra and Torbjorn are also good anti-Tracer choices, turrets wreck Tracer's shit and Symmetra also has an auto aiming gun that kills Tracer in a few seconds.

Hell Symmetra's gun is actually really powerful if you keep it on target, a tank might decide to ignore you thinking you won't hurt much (and initially you don't) but I swear your damage get's amplified the longer you hold it on a target.

*disclaimer, I have no evidence of this, it's just what it feels like, might just be a placebo.

StayDead

Doubt it, there's nothing stated that I've seen that should lead anyone to believe they are any different than the level up loot boxes.

Also, if he got 1 legendary out of 50 boxes, that is abysmally bad value, even with 1400 coins.

I wonder if there's a pity system like in Hearthstone with boxes?

Schryver

Torbjorn's turret seems more ridiculous than Bastion to me. Shit is like Halo 2 jackal sniper legendary mode accurate. The second you are in line of sight you get hit

Karak

Enjoying it but man some severe roughness still. Lots of issues. Feels like Dirty Bomb to me for some reason. With a lot more characters though.

Hell Symmetra's gun is actually really powerful if you keep it on target, a tank might decide to ignore you thinking you won't hurt much (and initially you don't) but I swear your damage get's amplified the longer you hold it on a target.

*disclaimer, I have no evidence of this, it's just what it feels like, might just be a placebo.

I believe you are correct in that Symmetra's gun does amp up in damage the longer you can keep it on a target. I've certainly melted people who thought it was a good idea to 1v1 me.

Nah it does that by design, I think it even says so in the hero info tab.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
39 games, taking a break for now lol. Added Zarya to my roster because she is fucking dope. So Mei, Mercy, Zarya, Torbjorn, Lucio are my most played / liked, with Symmetra and Zenyatta creeping in. Had a ridiculous session with some gaffers that had to be like 80% wins at least.

Still havent clicked with a pure dps, as expected :/

RevenWolf

Torbjorn's turret seems more ridiculous than Bastion to me. Shit is like Halo 2 jackal sniper legendary mode accurate. The second you are in line of sight you get hit

Snipe it from super far away.

Or better yet if he's playing his character wrong and just infinitely hammering terrified of losing it go Farra and rain justice from above (while suitably far away).

Guarantee to off the turret, and a good chance of offing of Torbjorn as well since most noobs will literally titanic it and sink with the ship lol.

How do you use Mccree's ultimate effectively? I can only ever get one kill with it despite having multiple targets in my reticle.

Attack with it from surprising angles. Wait until you get a full lock on for a guaranteed kill (will show the dead eye icon on the reticle.) The more current health each enemy has, the longer they'll take to lock on. Most characters will lock pretty fast, especially while wounded. A full health tank will take eons.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Snipe it from super far away.

Or better yet if he's playing his character wrong and just infinitely hammering terrified of losing it go Farra and rain justice from above (while suitably far away).

Guarantee to off the turret, and a good chance of offing of Torbjorn as well since most noobs will literally titanic it and sink with the ship lol.

why would they do that? they are not raising ult. The whole point of tor is you can be in 2 places at once >_> and his rivet gun is surprisingly dmging

RevenWolf

Nah it does that by design, I think it even says so in the hero info tab.

Oh good so I'm not crazy XD

Tbh she really is a tank killer, most tanks will ignore her if other threats are around, and after a few seconds she's just destroying them. And by the time they realise their mistake, it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom