• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

febLey

How do I put my spray down on ps4?

Arrow Up

Should've given this to my boss, now i have to work for 8 hours :(

2qy8nMB.jpg

RevenWolf

why would they do that? they are not raising ult. The whole point of tor is you can be in 2 places at once >_> and his rivet gun is surprisingly dmging

I honestly don't know why, I just notice that it almost always happens and is awesomely useful to take advantage of XD

It really is weird how so few people realise that his primary weapon is actually pretty devastatingly powerful.

I honestly don't know why, I just notice that it almost always happens and is awesomely useful to take advantage of XD

It really is weird how so few people realise that his primary weapon is actually pretty devastatingly powerful.

Dat shotgun damage. Just disgusting.

Well, looking back, I got a legendary after my 24th box and my 45th box. So far I've opened 57 boxes (50 bought, 7 from leveling up).

I'll continue keeping track. So far, you can open at least 24 boxes without getting a legendary.

Edit: Box 58 had a legendary money drop. So 24 is still my longest streak.

Ken

alright guys.

fess up. how many of you spent the $40 for the 50 loot boxes?

I'm at $120 so far lol.

My first pool of 50 only had two legendaries. Second and third had like...5 or 6 each.

If I was guaranteed the two or three skins that I really want, I would do it. But pure luck? Nah.

I ended up getting about 2-2.5k gold per 50 which ends up being two and a half legendary skins of your choice anyways.

patchday

God damn stop putting me into already existing games, specially losers.

Why would you do that, it just frustrates players, just give me the option to not get those games or don't put me in them by default. I don't care if the people in those games are going to lose, just punish the ones that left and be done with it

I don't mind. See I'm coming from MOBAs which work the way you say- whereas they do not add anyone to replace afkers. Really sucks.

But the losses should not count against you.

Xevren

Didn't get a chance to play the beta so just went in blind and ohhh my god I'm having so much fun!! Mainly played Mercy with a group of friends tonight and really like her, love support classes. Can't wait to dig into it more.

MBison

Nah, I highly doubt that, if anything there might be a pity timer like in Hearthstone.

In Hearthstone you will definitely get a Legendary card in 40 packs, then when you get a legendary, the timer rolls over and starts again. I don't know if there's anything like that in Overwatch though.

Edit: I wonder though, I've never gone 20 boxes without getting a Legendary in the closed beta and the open beta. And I got two legendaries out of 50 boxes, so 20 might be the magic number, wonder what's the longest drought possible.

I got to level 23 in beta and now at level 11 and no legendary skins

pigeon

Banned
Torbjorn's turret seems more ridiculous than Bastion to me. Shit is like Halo 2 jackal sniper legendary mode accurate. The second you are in line of sight you get hit

It does mediocre damage and has pretty low HP. If you're used to TF2 turrets, Torb's turret is not like that. Except when he has his ult, then it's pretty much like that.

Basically you can't stand in the turret and you really can't fight in the area with the turret, and attack characters generally have difficulty destroying them. Tanks can pretty much mop them up for free, and defense characters can generally deal with them as well.

Torb is mostly dangerous because his gun is actually very strong (it's basically the pistol on one button and the shotgun on the other) and the turret is free. Place it safely, build up charge, and ult when things actually get hectic and you can control the battlefield for twenty seconds.

How do you use Mccree's ultimate effectively? I can only ever get one kill with it despite having multiple targets in my reticle.

Wait for High Noon.

No but seriously, in the videos I always see people get a high vantage point that overlooks an entire area, so that you can lock on and hit multiple targets.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lot of games of just getting rolled, it's pretty tilting. Guessing all the new players.

at least its fast.

I had some super close bangers, good stuff. Just had a game that lasted so long I had 16k healing (average is what, 6k? ive seen some 8ks in some good games). But most are roll overs to be fair, bei it wins or losses

RevenWolf

Dat shotgun damage. Just disgusting.

Oh not even the shotgun, the primary fire damage is absurd even at long range lol. The disadvantage is that it has a long travel time instead of hit scan, but if you're a good shot, or just facing bad dodgers, it melts opponents.

It's going to be rough for a week while new players learn the ropes. I hate people getting mad at someone brand new. So you lost because 3 people never played this map before BFD. Help them out be a kinderwatcher.

patchday

Lot of games of just getting rolled, it's pretty tilting. Guessing all the new players.

play a support like Zarya that makes even poop shine. Dunno how you can lose with a good defender / support to be honest (unless enemy just outplays you)

RevenWolf

It's going to be rough for a week while new players learn the ropes. I hate people getting mad at someone brand new. So you lost because 3 people never played this map before BFD. Help them out be a kinderwatcher.

I agree with this, don't be jerks to new people, give them advice, phrase it nicely and most of the time people are more than happy to hear you out.

Ken

What the shiiiiiiit.

Is there anything you absolutely adore that you don't have yet?

I only like playing Reinhardt and S76 so I wasn't really looking for much besides either of the Bloodhardt/Blackhardt skins which I didn't get lol. Wish I got Bedouin Genji, Jehuty Pharah, MM McCree, and either of the Reaper ones though. Was just curious what the RNG was like.

IIRC all the legendaries I got from paid boxes were:

Young Hanzo
S76 with a M16
That punk rock Tracer
Woodbot Bastion
2x Scarecrow junkrat
Symmetra in the fancy suit
Devil Mercy
A bunch of 500 currencies
Pirate Torbjorn

Bought Blackhardt and Mystery Man McCree and I'm at 4535 currency.

Indignate

at least its fast.

I had some super close bangers, good stuff. Just had a game that lasted so long I had 16k healing (average is what, 6k? ive seen some 8ks in some good games). But most are roll overs to be fair, bei it wins or losses

I wish the game would show us who is partied just so I can know if we were just rolling over 6 randomer pubbers or not.

I only like playing Reinhardt and S76 so I wasn't really looking for much besides either of the Bloodhardt/Blackhardt skins which I didn't get lol. Just bought that with currency. Was just curious what the RNG was like.

IIRC all the legendaries I got from boxes were:

Young Hanzo
S76 with a M16
That punk rock Tracer
Woodbot Bastion
2x Scarecrow junkrat
Devil Mercy
Pirate Torbjorn

That's a pretty good haul. It's too bad you didn't get the Reinhardt ones you were after, but still. Too bad you'll never have much use for the pirate torbjorn or the devil symmetra.

getting spawnkilled now... i am not gonna be playing this game for long

Most games won't go like that. Give it a little time.

Karak

Man, I hope whatever matchmaking algorithm they're running works its shit out soon, because I just had some brutal losses. Got totally rolled.

ONe string of luck I had was popping into missions that were ending. 11 to be exact lol. Jumped from mission to mission and basically got a couple XP for maybe 2 minutes of gametime ha.

The really odd situation that happens is your playing and the game just kicks you out into another level. I was recording for the review and it happend about 12 times so far. Just boom all that time gone and your now entering another level ha

Xenophage

Neo Member
Yup. Just make sure you're playing the song you wanna play and it's automagically affecting all allies around you. You can shoot and heal at the same time.

You can also see the number of people in your healing/speed boosting range in the center of your screen. Helps when you are in a big group to know when people start to drift away, or when you are starting to venture too far out from the group.

Got it. Thanks guys.

ONe string of luck I had was popping into missions that were ending. 11 to be exact lol. Jumped from mission to mission and basically got a couple XP for maybe 2 minutes of gametime ha.

The really odd situation that happens is your playing and the game just kicks you out into another level. I was recording for the review and it happend about 12 times so far. Just boom all that time gone and your now entering another level ha

Are you sure you aren't confused for the game running skirmish while it matchmakes?

That does sound weird. Don't recall anything like that happening during beta. Like, it kicks you out of a full, active game, and puts you into a different full active game?

At the very least they're decent motivation to learn the heroes lol.

Currency seems really stingy in this game though. Are there no currency daily quests you can do?

Nope. Just the currency from chests. It'll be a while between legendary skins if you have to buy the ones you want with in-game earned gold.

Ken

That's a pretty good haul. It's too bad you didn't get the Reinhardt ones you were after, but still. Too bad you'll never have much use for the pirate torbjorn or the devil symmetra.

Currency seems really stingy in this game though. Are there no currency daily quests you can do?

So the baby Winston bonus that you get for pre-ordering the game in Australia is super tiny, but really awesome!

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit this game in. I'm currently drowning in games. May is just crazy!!!

Lucifon

Nope. Blizzard are notoriously tight in all their f2p games with overpriced micro transactions. Now with overwatch you can see their F2P tightness shining through as they clearly want to encourage people to buy loot boxes.

MBison

I only like playing Reinhardt and S76 so I wasn't really looking for much besides either of the Bloodhardt/Blackhardt skins which I didn't get lol. Wish I got Bedouin Genji, Jehuty Pharah, MM McCree, and either of the Reaper ones though. Was just curious what the RNG was like.

Young Hanzo
S76 with a M16
That punk rock Tracer
Woodbot Bastion
2x Scarecrow junkrat
Devil Mercy
Pirate Torbjorn

m

Holy crap how much loot boxes you buy?

Ferrio

Banned

Young Hanzo
S76 with a M16
That punk rock Tracer
Woodbot Bastion
2x Scarecrow junkrat
Devil Mercy
Pirate Torbjorn

Blizzard is going to make a killing.

zoukka

Nope. Blizzard are notoriously tight in all their f2p games with overpriced micro transactions. Now with overwatch you can see their F2P tightness shining through as they clearly want to encourage people to buy loot boxes.

Only fools would doe since you only get cosmetics out of them and eventually you'll get enough coins to buy whatever you want if you know you'll play the game for a long time.

Klyka

Banned
Maybe? There's not enough interesting skins for me to get so I already don't feel like getting more loot boxes until they add more and I might just save currency for those.

You already gave them an additonal 3 (or 2 for console) price of the game.

I think your work is done.

Karak

That does sound weird. Don't recall anything like that happening during beta. Like, it kicks you out of a full, active game, and puts you into a different full active game?

Nope. Just the currency from chests. It'll be a while between legendary skins if you have to buy the ones you want with in-game earned gold.

Ya. We were in a group and yacking and they stayed in and I got kicked out to a completely different group. Then later a bunch of them got kicked and bounced around. A good number of people have reported it already. I put in a ticket. More funny than anything. And like I said I got some exp for the first set of oddities.

Match making is struggling or are EU servers just empty? (Xbox)

I think its the reverse. I think some things are packed and as you said its struggling.

Xyber

Almost 10 hours later and have not seen anyone who bought from GMG get their code yet..

Even cdkeys.com has sent out keys now.

Apathy

Because it's better that you're slightly inconvenienced than the other 11 people are now in an even shittier game. As people keep leaving, the losing team just gets more and more outmatched? Not good.

It doesn't inconvenience the winners, so lets not pretend it's 11, it's 5 people max.

It wastes my time because I am not going to stick around with people that just lost, the second that match is over and I get crap xp, i'm going to drop it and queue for a new team, and a fresh map that I can have some influence on and you know, actually win and get my proper xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom