• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
On my third or fourth loot box I got the legendary Imp skin for Mercy. I'm just glad that she is actually one of the heroes I play regularly, so I'll actually get to use it.

packy34

n93p3jS.png

Goddamn

D.Va best girl confirmed

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
Wow, I guess I am lucky I got two legendary skins in my first 3 boxes. Only problem is that they are for some of my least favorite characters: 76 and robot zen guy.

Joco

This game apparently doesn't like me. Was having BSOD issues in Windows 10 during the beta, thought I fixed it, then it happened to me just now in my first game. Ugh.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got almost to level 20 in the beta and never got a Pharah skin.

One game in the final version and I've already got a skin for her.

Thank you, Blizz.

Sianos

Those five hours just went by prrrrretty fast. :eek:

From a pub perspective, the game just feels fun even when you're losing to stacks of heavy mains on Hanamura last. Quick games and quick map changes means you aren't stuck in a thirty minute Barnblitz slog even if you are having a bad round. Hero switching is highly incentivized and I love how even the archetypal heroes have their own unique quirks that makes gameplay feel rewarding and gives the impression of a high skill ceiling.

IbukiLordSA

Had 1 game this morning before going to work, had to pick my girl D.va and we ended up winning the match. Great to start out on a high, first loot box and I got a legendary skin, sadly it is for Junkrat :(

Bought the game, having not played the beta. I really wasn't feeling it until I realised the vast majority of chars don't fit how I want to play at all. Any of the "popular" ones I really hate, it turns out! Good for me. Some really fun support characters that I've been having a great time with. Fab game, super polished and feels great. So I'd say anyone not into it at first, just try out different chars. There's something for everyone, I think.

MUnited83

For you.
anyone could have told you that from the beta lootboxes lol

The open beta lootboxes had excellent droprates, I had several legendary skins with like less than 10 hours of play. Of course, that was so people would get hooked and make them think the crates would be good value. Which they aren't.

Ferrio

Banned
The open beta lootboxes had excellent droprates, I had several legendary skins with like less than 10 hours of play. Of course, that was so people would get hooked and make them think the crates would be good value. Which they aren't.

You got lucky, I got jack squat in open beta.

Ken

I got 1 Safari Winston across both CBT and OBT.

And yeah, the loot crates are bad value given how many palette swaps, sprays, and filler items there are. Highlight intros taking up an epic drop slot is zzz too.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

I dunno. I opened 12 boxes, got 7 skins two of them legendaries.

I didn't get a single legendary with 35 hours in the beta

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Heh, because it's bought from the US, I can't buy Overwatch loot. Good, I do tend to get tempted after drinking.
Try this Destiny trick (I assume you're talking about PS4) - run the game on your main account and log in > switch to the US account > buy from the US store.

Might work, going to try it myself after I get home.

This game is so much fun. It's been ages since a team shooter has grabbed me this hard. D Va is definitely my main, although I've had a blast with McCree, Pharah, and Mercy tonight. It helps a lot that there isn't a single hero I *dislike* playing, so I can always switch to help the team without feeling like I'm being burdened. I will likely play this for a long, long time, especially if the support is good and ranked is well put-together.

Also, my luck with the chests is ridiculous. There's no way I ever get good pulls ever again. First night and I got:

Arctic Zarya
Riverboat McCree
Scavenger D Va
Firefighter Mei
...and enough gold (couple of purple coin drops and one orange) to get Thunderbird Pharah. This is mostly from the crates you get for leveling up (I got to 12) although I did drop a tenner on chests because I'm a sucker.

Trace

Banned
Mei really needs to be reworked, I can't actually think of a champion in any other MOBA/Hero Shooter/Whatever that makes you feel so powerless to play against her. She just has the tools to shut out 90% of the cast.

Zeliard

How do you use Mccree's ultimate effectively? I can only ever get one kill with it despite having multiple targets in my reticle.

It sounds like you're not waiting long enough to get the kill confirmation. You know you have a kill with McCree's ult when the skull shows up on the opponent. The amount of time it takes for that depends on the current health of the heroes you're targeting.

Incidentally, it's also one of the best zoning moves in the game. Not only do people tend to take cover when they hear the high noon, but if you cancel the ult you still have a 50% charge left, and McCree can get his ult charge up pretty quickly. Sometimes you may want to pop the ult just to get the other team out of a certain area.

Niwa

Arctic Zarya
Riverboat McCree
Scavenger D Va
Firefighter Mei
...and enough gold (couple of purple coin drops and one orange) to get Thunderbird Pharah. This is mostly from the crates you get for leveling up (I got to 12) although I did drop a tenner on chests because I'm a sucker.

Daaamnn youuu… ! Q_q

Moonlight

Banned
Mei really needs to be reworked, I can't actually think of a champion in any other MOBA/Hero Shooter/Whatever that makes you feel so powerless to play against her. She just has the tools to shut out 90% of the cast.
She's pretty useless against D.Va in a 1v1.

Trace

Banned
She's pretty useless against D.Va in a 1v1.

You're never killing her with D.Va though, ever, if it's a competent Mei. D.Va just doesn't have the damage while staying out of range of ice shit to kill her + go around wall + pop icicle, and expect that none of Mei's team will show up in that 15 seconds it takes.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This game is so much fun. It's been ages since a team shooter has grabbed me this hard. D Va is definitely my main, although I've had a blast with McCree, Pharah, and Mercy tonight. It helps a lot that there isn't a single hero I *dislike* playing, so I can always switch to help the team without feeling like I'm being burdened. I will likely play this for a long, long time, especially if the support is good and ranked is well put-together.

Also, my luck with the chests is ridiculous. There's no way I ever get good pulls ever again. First night and I got:

Arctic Zarya
Riverboat McCree
Scavenger D Va
Firefighter Mei
Ayy
Sounds like you just borrowed all the luck for a year right there.

Loot boxes is scaring me at how easy it is to get tempted to purchase.
Halp.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
GGs to everyone I just played with (I was Fatal X Fate), game is obviously a hell of a lot better with other people. Way too late now though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't get a single legendary skin on the beta but got one for D.Va on the 4th crate or so. Also, some neat regular color swaps for Mercy. I'm ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom