• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

2016-05-2617_50_48-ov72kre.png

mstevens

I really like how you don't have to get the final shot to get credited for an elimination in this game. Makes me feel badass, even with my Lucio nerf balls.

j0hnnix

There's a leave penalty? How do I know if I have it? I've left a handful of games because I already knew it was going to be a pubstomp but I never noticed if I had the penalty.

Yup. You get hit -75% exp and it seems to be dependent how many games you drop off of , which means you have to play an equivalent or higher to get it removed and since i "work" from home i sometimes have to go inactive in a pub match not ranked - which i think is where it should be.

therapist

It's ridiculous how battle.net works.
So they have battle tags becuse people can change names at any time and have duplicates, but Battlestar separates that..yet if you want to add someone from a different region you have to change your own region to the person's you are trying to add..and when you do add you only see the friends who are from that region in your friend list and not any of your friends from your own region.

Multiple Genji and Winston's, two Winston's would disrupt the game enough to provide distraction for Genjis.

Yea winston might be a good idea too thanks

Voror

Yes. He is a highly mobile character. Keep moving and make use of his double jump, dash ability and wall climb.

Okay, I think that may have been my problem then. That's probably what I need to get down with everyone is how each of them needs to play in order to be used effectively.

Like I imagine Reaper is sort of similar in that he needs to be up close for any real damage, but it'd be best to use his teleport to get somewhere you can't be seen and come up and shoot them from behind?

Hanzo and Widowmaker I seem to be having trouble with due to not being able to get shots off due to it feeling like everyone is too fast. For the latter, I get how her abilities work pretty well I think otherwise.

The group is called support, not healers. I'm going to bet we are going to get more support people that aren't based around healing. Support is a broad scope.

I realize that it's support. I feel like she could fit in the defender class and it wouldn't distort the consistency of that playstyle. Also, I would agree with you on the trend of characters coming next. I think more support characters would stretch out the total possibilities of play in ways a new offensive hero would not.

vypek

Okay, I think that may have been my problem then. That's probably what I need to get down with everyone is how each of them needs to play in order to be used effectively.

Like I imagine Reaper is sort of similar in that he needs to be up close for any real damage, but it'd be best to use his teleport to get somewhere you can't be seen and come up and shoot them from behind?

Hanzo and Widowmaker I seem to be having trouble with due to not being able to get shots off due to it feeling like everyone is too fast. For the latter, I get how her abilities work pretty well I think otherwise.

Yeah, that is a good way to play Reaper. I can't really comment on Hanzo and Widowmaker that much cause I'm not a great sniper. But Hanzo's arrows have a good sized hit box so firing into a crowd is good. If you see someone camping, like Bastion or a Torbjorn turret, the snipers are great for that. Widowmaker's assault rifle is actually pretty good as well in mid range.

nOoblet16

I really like how you don't have to get the final shot to get credited for an elimination in this game. Makes me feel badass, even with my Lucio nerf balls.
Elimination is just assists and kills in one stat.

Although for PoTG assists don't count. Yesterday I had a "quadruple kill" but two of them were assists so I didn't get PoTG but someone else on my team who killed 3 people got the PoTG.

w0s

Does anyone know a youtube channel that has all the maps and explains strategies on them? I see a lot of people here frustrated with other players and honestly, I'm not terrible but could definitely use help as I rarely play MP games.

mstevens

Although for PoTG assists don't count. Yesterday I had a "quadruple kill" but two of them were assists so I didn't get PoTG but someone else on my team who killed 3 people got the PoTG.

Yeah, I like that decision. Makes my noob ass feel more useful.

Permanently A

That makes a lot of sense now. I play lots of Reinhardt so when I get a sweet 3-4 person stun I always feel like I got play of the game, but it always ends up being a teammate killing them.

Redmoon

Anyone else getting kinda tired of all the people rudely complaining about our team when we do anything else but steamroll the other team. I mean, your playing the casual mode on a 3 day old game, what more do you expect >_>.

Really makes me wanna avoid the competitive side of the game if its already this bad this early on.

Even though none of them are on here sorry to the people I played with the other day since I was pretty abrasive.

Hearing racist shit from people who weren't complete strangers made me feel angry the whole night and I took it out on people I shouldn't have.

Just today I realized that I shouldn't let that kind of thing dictate how I enjoy/feel about something.

Voror

Yeah, that is a good way to play Reaper. I can't really comment on Hanzo and Widowmaker that much cause I'm not a great sniper. But Hanzo's arrows have a good sized hit box so firing into a crowd is good. If you see someone camping, like Bastion or a Torbjorn turret, the snipers are great for that. Widowmaker's assault rifle is actually pretty good as well in mid range.

It's funny because I sort of haven't been doing that though I suppose it also depends on the map. I'll need to work more on that with him.

I'll have to remember that about Hanzo. He seemed sort of slow before but maybe I just need to try again with him.I did notice that about her assault rifle.

Trickster

Seriously Zarya's shield mechanic is so obscure. I thought it was suppsoed to last 2 seconds, yet I pop it and die within a second???

Sifl

People need to realize that this isn't a tdm game and your "main" is irrelevant if we're getting steamrolled. They just need to accept the team needs X type of character and switch, which is why my most time played is with support heroes even though I'd like to play different ones.

Demigod Mac

I'm having a hell of a time getting people to give this game a chance.

"It's just Team Fortress 3"
"It's not F2P? Never mind then"
"I like the character designs but I'm bad at FPS games"
"Multiplayer only, no story mode? Forget it"
"Looks like another boring shooter"

I'll admit I wasn't very interested in the game... Until I played the beta and got instantly hooked. Perhaps Blizzard should have a demo or random F2P weekends?

mstevens

Yup. You get hit -75% exp and it seems to be dependent how many games you drop off of , which means you have to play an equivalent or higher to get it removed and since i "work" from home i sometimes have to go inactive in a pub match not ranked - which i think is where it should be.

What about network disconnects? I got booted from 4 straight games last night.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Curious at the rate of which Blizzard will be adding skins.

Also curious at the rate of maps/new characters but I imagine that will be relatively slow. If skins are added continuously in addition to new ways to acquire loot boxes, the addiction will continue for a long time.

How often do they add content like this to Heroes of the Storm?

16BitNova

When is it appropriate to leave game without punishment? I always wait till the next game is has loaded and we are in the setup phase. I'm afraid of leaving when its showing the mvp and stats of the game I just played. Is it ok to leave then?

Ferny

Curious at the rate of which Blizzard will be adding skins.

Also curious at the rate of maps/new characters but I imagine that will be relatively slow. If skins are added continuously in addition to new ways to acquire loot boxes, the addiction will continue for a long time.

How often do they add content like this to Heroes of the Storm?

Very often. The pace they've added stuff like that with has been pretty quick.

When is it appropriate to leave game without punishment? I always wait till the next game is has loaded and we are in the setup phase. I'm afraid of leaving when its showing the mvp and stats of the game I just played. Is it ok to leave then?

As soon as it says Defeat or Victory is fine. Also when it says Assemble Squad when picking heroes its fine to leave then too.

LiK

Bastion seems overrated. I was in plenty of games where we took him out with no major issues. Good players can find a spot to use his turret but he wasn't as OP as I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom