• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to realize that this isn't a tdm game and your "main" is irrelevant if we're getting steamrolled. They just need to accept the team needs X type of character and switch, which is why my most time played is with support heroes even though I'd like to play different ones.

This is where I am too. I like playing Lucio, but there are 4 or so others I like too. And I'm already getting tired of watching my teammates pick 3 snipers plus a McCree for Defense, making me pick Lucio or just resign myself to our probably losing.

I love the game, but man, some of the people who are playing it right now. Hopefully those types will move on soon.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Bastion seems overrated. I was in plenty of games where we took him out with no major issues. Good players can find a spot to use his turret but he wasn't as OP as I expected.
Ryuu ga waga teki go fuck yourself is the answer to anything!

Twookie

people that complain about bad team compositions but refuse to change themselves are the worst

had a widowmaker that complained that the team was bad and that she had nothing to do with the team losing, even though we had two snipers on attack and no tanks so we could never sustain on the point without dying, and ofc she would refuse to change from sniper to anything else because "she had two gold medals".

also I just got that Lone Wolf legendary skin for Hanzo, so fucking cool
Are Lone Wolf and Okami the only skins that changes have the ult looks and voice lines?

Curious at the rate of which Blizzard will be adding skins.

Also curious at the rate of maps/new characters but I imagine that will be relatively slow. If skins are added continuously in addition to new ways to acquire loot boxes, the addiction will continue for a long time.

How often do they add content like this to Heroes of the Storm?

I hope it's less new characters and maps and more like alternate skills/abilities for the current characters that allow for different loadouts.

Interfectum

This is where I am too. I like playing Lucio, but there are 4 or so others I like too. And I'm already getting tired of watching my teammates pick 3 snipers plus a McCree for Defense, making me pick Lucio or just resign myself to our probably losing.

I love the game, but man, some of the people who are playing it right now. Hopefully those types will move on soon.

First time in years I hopped on team chat on PS4 in a random game.

Had a team that just stayed at our initial spawn area and killed the other team as they came in... leaving our payload just sitting right beside us. I went to push the payload forward and no one followed me. They just were jumping around our spawn doing team deathmatch. I jumped on voicechat and said help me with the payload please. One person listened. We lost, I said "thank christ that's over" and took headset off.

LiK

there was a Renhardt guy who got POTG and it was just him hammering away at one character until she died. i don't get it.

Baliis

I hope it's less new characters and maps and more like alternate skills/abilities for the current characters that allow for different loadouts.

Haven't they said that they don't want load outs and alternate skulls and things like that? They want you to know exactly what the other person is capable of just by looking at their character rather than trying to keep track of every possibility.

They won't. Is just like League of Legends or DOTA. People are gonna wanna play their certain rolls all the time, no matter how good they are.

ADC or feed.

Danj

Are there any overlays that work with Overwatch? I feel like I need a clock in the bottom corner (like in Hearthstone) so I don't play too long.

Dad

people that complain about bad team compositions but refuse to change themselves are the worst

had a widowmaker that complained that the team was bad and that she had nothing to do with the team losing, even though we had two snipers on attack and no tanks so we could never sustain on the point without dying, and ofc she would refuse to change from sniper to anything else because "she had two gold medals".

also I just got that Lone Wolf legendary skin for Hanzo, so fucking cool
Are Lone Wolf and Okami the only skins that changes have the ult looks and voice lines?
Both of the legendary Mercy skins change her ult lines

Why don't you just type /w YourFriendsName and ask if there is a spot open on their team? Or wait until the match is finished and have them back out and get you in the party?

I don't really get the complaint - maybe because I've experienced the hell that is shitty NAT party systems on Xbox but Overwatch feels extremely polished to me(on PC).

I'm on the PS4 version so it doesn't really work like that. If they had done it correctly, I would be able to know if my friends are in a full game, a game with space, or not in a game. This is how BO3 does it and it works well. Overwatch got it wrong on consoles. Really poor implementation of friends/parties.

Twookie

when playing solo, Winston is THE goto hero for me. there's like tracer, genji, hanzo and widow in every game, so they're easy prey for the tesla cannon.

Both of the legendary Mercy skins change her ult lines

oh yeah forgot about those

I assume these are the only ones that change, from what I've noticed anyway

The gameplay in this game is amazing, but it's missing a ton of features that could make it much more enjoyable.

A horrible party system
Can't join a friends game
Cumbersome menu
Can't easily save POTG
Lame POTG

Call of Duty had a system where you could save clips and friends could watch highlights like that. How come no other game does this? I should be able to save highlights and have friends view them in game.

There's just a ton of stuff a game like this should have.

Psykotik

Is there any way to disable spectator mode for myself? This might end up killing the game for me. I can't get into any games with friends without being in spectator mode. I would rather just not be able to join. Literally every friend game I join, I am in spectator mode. I even got an invite from a friend and landed in a party of 6, and the game had 4 of us (not me) plus 2 randoms. Wtf?? This is the worst party system I have ever seen, made especially bad by the need for a party in this game.

party system works fine. if you join a friend as a spectator, dont forget to request a group invite. once you're grouped up, just keep watching until the match is over. the game will then take your group out to the menu and search for a new game where all of you will be on the same team.

Bastion seems overrated. I was in plenty of games where we took him out with no major issues. Good players can find a spot to use his turret but he wasn't as OP as I expected.

Hes a pubstomp hero so low level queues will always complain about bastion while higher skilled players know how to respond

Voror

Yeah I've sort of noticed this too. A couple of times I've switched to support or tank because everyone else is picking Attackers or maybe a Support. I don't mind playing Support but it'd be nice to see everyone change it up in the event we're losing.

Gator86

Yup, I'm right there. The sales seem high enough where I'm just hoping the terrible people get frustrated and quit. I'm always for more people being to enjoy a thing, but I'd love to be able to play this without having to choose between organizing a team for every session or getting obliterated with aggressively terrible randoms.

Blizzard really has to do something with the aiming on consoles.

Its improved from the Beta, but still not really precise. Its sometimes really annoying.

party system works fine. if you join a friend as a spectator, dont forget to request a group invite. once you're grouped up, just keep watching until the match is over. the game will then take your group out to the menu and search for a new game where all of you will be on the same team.

Not on PS4. I tried that exact thing, thinking that maybe if I'm just patient enough and wait for the next game I'll get in. But I was stuck in spectator mode through the whole pre-game sequence and everything. It seems like the only way it would work is if someone on my friend's team decides to quit, then I would get their spot. Pretty lame.

Ambient80

0.32 from the payload reaching the goal and everyone else on my team wants to play fucking Widowmaker. I'm the only one as Zen trying to move the payload. Jesus tapdancing Christ. We stayed there for no shit an entire five minutes.

Hasney

Look at these cheap motherfuckers.

CjZazm2WEAAIx-j.jpg:large

We still took their point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom