• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Look at these cheap motherfuckers.

CjZazm2WEAAIx-j.jpg:large

We still took their point.

stacked team

I suck so bad at this game, I'm ashamed to meet up with gafers, I was doing alright with genji in the beta now I always seem to be surrounded everytime I attack. I'm enjoying Roadhog now and also Zenyatta or whatever his name is, actually won a few times with them.

Haven't they said that they don't want load outs and alternate skulls and things like that? They want you to know exactly what the other person is capable of just by looking at their character rather than trying to keep track of every possibility.

Not sure. Haven't been following it closely in that regard. That certainly makes sense.

SwolBro

Banned
sooooooo tired of these turrets.

just played a game that went like this:

round 1: team wins because bastion and another turret are hidden in a corner at the capture point

round 2: we win because we get our turret in the corner at the capture point

round 3: they get up to 99 percent because we can't eliminate their turret in the corner at the capture point. we manage to knock it down, put our turret in the corner and win! from 0 vs 99% we come back and win 100% vs 99%

I mean... when the game boils down to "how the fuck do we get the turret out of there" that's a problem.

Ardenyal

Why is joining games and sitting in a corner afking a thing. I don't really care if someones bad as long as they play the objective but not playing at all really annoys me.

Rizzi

Played against someone that was made entirely of salt.
Got super mad that he lost, told everyone to kill themselves, and to eat his shit.
We used "mindless tactics" to beat him. By piling on the objective to force overtime and capture it.
This went on for five minutes. What a lovely individual.

Gorillaz

The turret/bastion strategy is so slow and sluggish. Yea it will throw people off at the jump but its easy to adapt to. Those turrets and bastions can't react fast enough.

Onemic

round 1: team wins because bastion and another turret are hidden in a corner at the capture point

round 3: they get up to 99 percent because we can't eliminate their turret in the corner at the capture point. we manage to knock it down, put our turret in the corner and win! from 0 vs 99% we come back and win 100% vs 99%

I mean... when the game boils down to "how the fuck do we get the turret out of there" that's a problem.

Play Genji/pharah. Problem solved.

rdytoroll

Feels good to have a mutliplayer game again, which I can play at least a few rounds everyday of. Nothing quite scratched that itch after "retiring" from LoL

Had a better time with the game last night---more people willing to be other things besides damage.

I did have a very frustrating time on one of the Payload maps (don't remember which one) because it seemed to be somewhat bottlenecked and we were getting murdered by a team with a bunch of long range damage and short range damage like Reaper, even when we were running tanks.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
34 killstreak as Mei, that's my quota of salt generated for the day :D

The gameplay in this game is amazing, but it's missing a ton of features that could make it much more enjoyable.

A horrible party system
Can't join a friends game
Cumbersome menu
Can't easily save POTG
Lame POTG

Call of Duty had a system where you could save clips and friends could watch highlights like that. How come no other game does this? I should be able to save highlights and have friends view them in game.

There's just a ton of stuff a game like this should have.

Thank you, it's not just me then. The party system in this game sucks so hard (on PS4).

SwolBro

Banned
Play Genji/pharah. Problem solved.

no, problem not solved. there are certain maps where pharah can't fly above the cap point. And genji is hardly capable of deflecting inside a cap point long enough to kill a turrent before someone else rips him down

Torbjorn doesn't fuck around.

A well placed turret can make all the difference. The other team just can't cope with it sometimes.

Literally all I do is see where my team typically hangs out on defense. Then, I place a turret opposite them, creating a pincer around the enemy team. Works 100% of the time, 80% of the time.

LiK

I love playing as Pharah but I do not like her abilities. The push back projectile isn't that effective. i just use it to fuck with the enemy players.

Overwatch is so fun, just wrecked shop using Winston. A Zarya dropped her gravity bomb and managed to pull 4 enemies in. Hulked up and put a beating on those mofos.

On the other side, I wonder how it was for them to know that they were all pulled together and had a raging Winston right next to them?

Tracer sometimes gives me fits when she keeps using her rewind gimmick but I use Junkrat to counter her.

Really solid gameplay and I expected nothing less from Blizzard. Feels like they've been making FPSs for ages.

Yup. Wasnt this bad in the Open Beta..

Torbjorn doesn't fuck around.

A well placed turret can make all the difference. The other team just can't cope with it sometimes.

Literally all I do is see where my team typically hangs out on defense. Then, I place a turret opposite them, creating a pincer around the enemy team. Works 100% of the time, 80% of the time.

Torbjorn is great. My most played character. The problem is that when you play in public lobbies, you often end up with 2-3 Torbjorn setups, which is shit, and you often end up with Torbjorns who don't lay down armor, which is even more shit.

I hate it when playing defense and there's a down moment while the other team is regrouping so two or three fools on my team goes off looking for them leaving the defense site. So of course those two or three guys get killed, and the defense site is then under defended and falls.

Onemic

no, problem not solved. there are certain maps where pharah can't fly above the cap point. And genji is hardly capable of deflecting inside a cap point long enough to kill a turrent before someone else rips him down

In those situations team coordination is key.

Twookie

play d.va and have someone kill the turrets/bastion while you absorb his burst of bullets with your defence matrix

Drame

Alrighty, got some games down with a premade with gaf also and it was jolly good fun. Even though we lost couple games the games were pretty much even on the both sides, for most part. Thanks to the ps4 peeps for the games.

When you get the flow going with Lucio, feels good man. Blasting beats and knock backing enemies to the well on Ilios, so much fun. I'm still rolling with only 3-4 heroes cycling them through depending on the situation of the game. Zenyatta's seems pretty powerful on defense and why not as a offensive too.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

D.Va is also incredibly good at clearing out turrets. Fly in and get up close with your shotguns. Or use self-destruct. Try it out.

mbpm1

its highhhh noon(everyone hides)! Thanks mcree wasnt trying to get a multikill or anything.

Had a McCree do that and slowly walk out of his corner directly in front of me.

He of course got blasted in seconds.

Stay safe out there cowboys, do it from a distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom