• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just snuck up on a widowmaker with Junkrat, detonated a mine and killed her midair with a grenade while we were both airborne from the blast. That shit felt so awesome.

pigeon

Banned
I've never played that game. Why wouldn't someone pick the fastest character(I'm guessing) with a teleport?

Because of bullets? People shoot at the flag carrier a lot, because you automatically know where they are. It can be nice to be a character who doesn't die immediately when that happens.

MUnited83

For you.
Just got D.Va Legendary Skin. This is the best skin for her by a long long margin

maxresdefault.jpg

Xeteh

I need to figure out Symmetra, aside from the occasional decent game, I seem so ineffective with her. Turrets are impossible to keep up with if a couple people focus them down constantly, getting close to use her primary feels like its pointless in most cases so I'm standing back throwing charged right clicks at people.

I like playing her in those games where things go well because not only to you feel useful through takedowns but your team is getting back in to the fight super fast. I just end up feeling completely useless on her most games.

nOoblet16

Not quite the same though. Tracer could blink blink blink right onto the flag then recall out way beyond the reach of any defenders. You'd have to do something about movement skills when carrying the flag or something.

Yea but she can only blink 3 times if you use it in succession and there's a pretty decent cooldown on that. She is also not that fast without blink. A Tracer player who is running for base will either wait until she has 2 or more blinks charged before she goes again leaving a lot of time for her to get hit, or she can blink as soon as she gets a charge meaning she has shorter wait times but a lot more intervals..again making her an easy target.

By contrast Scout's base movement speed itself is faster than anyone in Overwatch including Tracer, but more importantly the delta between him and other characters in TF2 is higher than the delta between Tracer and others in Overwatch. This isn't even considering the fact that Scout can double jump allowing him to get to higher elevation while Tracer has piss poor mobility.

Just because she has a blink ability won't really make her perfect and OP for CTF mode because in all honesty if you play Tracer a lot you'll realise why she wouldn't be as amazing at CTF as most think because her blink is balanced for something entirely different. You could also do something where using recall means she drops the flag at the place where she uses recall since it is not a part of her and as such it is outside the reigns of her time powers.

Not quite the same though. Tracer could blink blink blink right onto the flag then recall out way beyond the reach of any defenders. You'd have to do something about movement skills when carrying the flag or something.

I would totally play a mode where you couldn't use abilities if you possessed the flag. That could be amazing.

I supposed Recall would mean she would put the flag back and not carry it with her?

Grisby

So with D.Va's guns. You have to get really close right? Like in your face? Feel like they don't do much damage and her turns are not that fast.

Apathy

fuck every fuck fucking fuck bad widow that has to be on my team. I would kill for her to behind some sort of trainign mode or even make a game with no snipers

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Tons of characters would be brutal in CTF.

Tracer is obvious.
Winston would also be incredibly good. Grab the flag, leap out, drop a shield. Your leap is back in a few seconds.
Pharrah would be incredibly mobile and not many individuals can stop her.
A good Junkrat can fling himself across the map.
Etc.

I dunno. I love CTF though so it'd be interesting to see them try

Gryph

So with D.Va's guns. You have to get really close right? Like in your face? Feel like they don't do much damage and her turns are not that fast.

Best to think of them like shotguns. Put up the shield, fly to the opponent's face, blast them away.

Just got D.Va Legendary Skin. This is the best skin for her by a long long margin.

I don't agree. I love her weird shiny Junebug skin the most.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Yes, the spread is large and so is the falloff.

She's a brawler more than a bullet sponge.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I need to figure out Symmetra, aside from the occasional decent game, I seem so ineffective with her. Turrets are impossible to keep up with if a couple people focus them down constantly, getting close to use her primary feels like its pointless in most cases so I'm standing back throwing charged right clicks at people.

I like playing her in those games where things go well because not only to you feel useful through takedowns but your team is getting back in to the fight super fast. I just end up feeling completely useless on her most games.

There's probably somebody out there that's godlike with her weird lazer gun, but as someone who isn't, I strictly only use her in maps where there's a really long run between spawn and a defense point. Specifically defending Hanamura, Anubis and Volskaya, but only on point A. After we lose A and fall back to B I switch to Mercy.

She seems like the most situational hero in the game.

You'd probably see plenty of all Bastion teams camping the flag, depending on the map design.

Get in their face, but don't overextend. Use her shields and boost to jump into them, forcing them to divide your attention between you and the rest of you team.

In general, though, please do not overextend.

pigeon

Banned

Think of D.Va's gun as an automatic shotgun. Eight hitscan pellets per shot, rapid fire, heavy falloff with distance combined with hitting with less pellets, no reload.

In close, if you're landing all the pellets, she does excellent DPS (7 shots per second, 8 pellets per shot, 3 damage per pellet = 168 DPS, comparable to Soldier's 170 DPS but actually higher because of no reloading). At range, when you don't hit with all the pellets and the falloff goes from 3 to 0.5, she does significantly less damage. But since it's a shotgun and you don't have to reload, if you can see an enemy and you don't need to be moving, you can always just hose them down at range and at least get some minor damage in. Especially on low health enemies trying to disengage, D.Va can often clean them up at range.

J Range

I love how even though this is 1st person, the characters all animate uniquely and with amazing detail. They walk different, move different. Mccrees hat falls off when he dies etc. its the little things.

The Flash

Banned
The theory of relativity usually encompasses two theories by Albert Einstein: special relativity and general relativity.[1] Concepts introduced by the theories of relativity include spacetime as a unified entity of space and time, relativity of simultaneity, kinematic and gravitational time dilation, and length contraction.

The term "theory of relativity" was based on the expression "relative theory" (German: Relativtheorie) used in 1906 by Max Planck, who emphasized how the theory uses the principle of relativity. In the discussion section of the same paper, Alfred Bucherer used for the first time the expression "theory of relativity" (German: Relativitätstheorie).[2][3]

MrHoot

I'm starting to resent people on my team going Hanzo. They're usually so terrible and bring so little to the team. I had a game where two joined and went hanzo while there was already a competent widow and none of them would change

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish the reloading animations were crazier. Some are really good like Reaper's and Torbjorn's but Zarya's is just dull. Winston too.

I like Mei's dainty twist of the thing, even her pinky is raised.

Manoko

If anything I think hero count and not map count will be what limits the longevity of enjoyment for most people.

I'd say it would be game mode count that really limits the longevity of the game.
I feel like I always do the same thing.

BeesEight

CTF is a pretty bad mode anyway. At least it was rubbish in TF2. I'm scarred by 2fort.

But yeah, there's a bunch of characters that just wouldn't work in the mode. Multiple tracers could chain their recalls or the character becomes useless if recall drops the flag. Bastions and Tjorborn guarding would be very grinding and boring. I'm glad the mode isn't available especially since Blizzard doesn't give us any control over what maps or mode we play game to game.

zoukka

I'd say it would be game mode count that really limits the longevity of the game.

Not really, in most popular MP games the one super balanced game mode/map eclipses all other. It's the heroes, their balance and new heroes that keep the game fresh. And of course new maps.

Zomba13

Yeah, make the flag get dropped on blink or certain movement abilities for balance. That way a tracer under fire can blink away to saftey or to counter attack their attacker and then pick it back up if they win, or blink and drop it and have another member carry it while the tracer then harasses.

pigeon

Banned
I sometimes wonder what's behind the algoriothms of the randomization in those loot boxes

Almost certainly* nothing but randomness. Any pattern will just be discovered and shared by players.

* The one exception is that I wouldn't be surprised if they upped your chance to get a legendary slightly as you opened more and more boxes without receiving one. Probability smoothing is something Blizzard has a lot of practice with from making sure people get enough bear asses.

Ken

I was thinking that, but then I thought about something like League where it's the same map and gametype over and over but there's a enough champion diversity to accomplish the same goal in many different ways.

Then again it's three lanes and a jungle vs one and the game has been out for way longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom