• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

"McCree is fine but Pharah needs a nerf"
mjlol.png

Today's my last day of school before summer break and my students all finished their final math exams. I decided to celebrate last night by booting up the game for the first time. I played for about three hours with some friends and had a great time. The game feels pretty balanced. I focused on Lucio, Reaper and a couple of games as Torbjorn. The gameplay is seemingly simple: games are fast, the controls are intuitive (ps4), yet there is a lot of depth to each characters' strengths and weaknesses.

I hope Blizzard does their typical type of support and keeps improving this game. If so, I can foresee myself in it for the long haul.

When you get into the zone Reaper can be quite intense

http://abload.de/img/1uhje6.png[IMG]

I don't think i've ever got past 25 kills with the other heroes lol[/QUOTE]

Nicely done :) Keep in mind that eliminations and kills are two separate things in this game though :)

I think I've seen some tanks survive this, but it's possible I just have really bad aim.

I definitely have really bad aim.

Pretty sure it's just the tanks.

A fully charged headshot does ~300 damage.

I *THINK* Roadhog falls into this category.

Should be? If this information isn't old the lowest eHP tank is Zarya who still has 400 health at full.

I thought it would be the tanks. Makes sense, really.

Cade

Got another Mercy POTG, two in one day hype. This one was unearned though, lol. Just rezzed one or two guys. Had an amazing Zarya I was pocketing.

Zaryas who give me shield as Mercy, I love you. All of you.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I tried Winston and he just doesn't match my playstyle. Shame, I thought I would enjoy playing as a big ape.

I dunno how, but everyone I play against that uses Winston is badass. Then I try, and I'm shit. lol

Ken

Doesn't Bastion technically survive charged sniper shots? But since he is immobile a follow up would be easy.

200 health + 100 armor means overkill by 95 if we're still assuming WM gets the "headshot."

Also if I'm understanding correctly this armor stuff I guess Reinhardt would only have 5 HP if he took a charged headshot.

JambiBum

So I saw in another OW thread that you can exchange cosmetic items you don't want for coins? I didn't know this was possible but when I went into the hero gallery I didn't see an option to do it. Is that actually possible or do you only get coins from boxes when you get a dupe?

So I saw in another OW thread that you can exchange cosmetic items you don't want for coins? I didn't know this was possible but when I went into the hero gallery I didn't see an option to do it. Is that actually possible or do you only get coins from boxes when you get a dupe?

You get coins automatically when you get a duplicate item. The amount depends on the rarity. You can't manually exchange items for coins.

Ray Wonder

EDIT: yeah what he said ^^

I think it's if you roll a duplicate item you get coins instead of the item. Not that you can go exchange items you have for coins.

~Cross~

So what they fire one bullet, then they die?

Not every character can reach a well positioned sniper. Some spots are so hard to reach you need someone like d.va, genji or another sniper to get to them. A good winston will shut down a great genji, and a d.va without support is extremely weak. So the counter to a good widow is almost always another good widow.

botty

Banned
Hey Guys, I was just curious....

Are there a ton of people salty about overwatch or is it just me? I feel like 2 threads complaining about this game pops up daily. And each time the complaint is something ridiculous.

What is it about Overwatch that has people so stressed?

I find Zarya had a hard time getting potg and showing well on stat categories but absolutely can dominate a game.

Yup. It's true for alot of characters. But 's good Zarya can just facilitate the wrecking of an enemy team. I've definitely noticed some ace Zarya's that just don't die and ult at the worst times for the enemy that set up team wipes.

JambiBum

Thanks, the post I saw in that other thread was wrong then. It would be nice if you could exchange stuff for coins so that you could get things you actually want though. With the rate of getting levels being lower than I would like being able to exchange unwanted items would be great.

Yeah that's why I put headshot in quotes since the original question was what characters can survive a 300 damage hit.

Anyway he has 200 hp and 100 armour so the armour should reduce it to 295 overall? I don't know if armour has to be greater than the total damage to be effective.

Mupod

I hit a
new low
with loot boxes last night, all my blues/purples were dupes. I did get a voice emote I like though. Soldier 76 has gotten much better ever since I made it so I now have a dedicated 'get off my lawn' button.

Although I had a bad time as him against a double McCree team. Until I swapped to Pharah and dominated the rest of the match. I really should spend the 250 to unlock a highlight animation for her.

On the subject of Zarya POTGs, I tend to get them once in a while but just as often it's another player clearly getting a multikill off my own ult. I feel like that's enough credit for me but as has been mentioned before I'd like to see them put in 'tag team' POTGs one day as the system gets refined further.

Ray Wonder

Thanks, the post I saw in that other thread was wrong then. It would be nice if you could exchange stuff for coins so that you could get things you actually want though. With the rate of getting levels being lower than I would like being able to exchange unwanted items would be great.

The legendary items are supposed to be rare, that's why I think it's a good thing. I don't want to see everybody in legendary gear on every character. That takes away from the novelty of it.

xviper

Playing as attack is really pissing me off, having to deal with Bastion, Torbjonk and Symmetra all at once is really annoying

LiK

Hey Guys, I was just curious....

Are there a ton of people salty about overwatch or is it just me? I feel like 2 threads complaining about this game pops up daily. And each time the complaint is something ridiculous.

What is it about Overwatch that has people so stressed?

Any big release with a lot of hype always gets complaint threads. I think Destiny and UC4 had more than its fair share during their release. Most are nitpicking stuff. The worst is when the OP never even played the game.

Daft Punk

Banned
Finally took the plunge and tried Mei. Holy shy why is she super fun and super cute? She's Chinese right? I don't know why I thought she was Inuit until I heard her speak lol.

LiK

Finally took the plunge and tried Mei. Holy shy why is she super fun and super cute? She's Chinese right? I don't know why I thought she was Inuit until I heard her speak lol.

I didn't know she was Chinese until she kept spouting off Mandarin and I was wondering who the fuck it was. Lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
mei's power to fuck up your own team is unparalleled. just fired a black hole to have her ice wall right in its path. trash hero delete it please valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom