• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sometimes I have to wonder if the POTG glitched or something

When your POTG is one dude walking around trying to kill one guy and finally manage to do it, you can't seriously expect me to believe that's the best thing that happened.

When your POTG is one dude walking around trying to kill one guy and finally manage to do it, you can't seriously expect me to believe that's the best thing that happened.

If the game was only like a minute long, it actually probably was.

Ohnonono

PS4 community so far has been pretty amazing. In most games people are trying to fill rolls. Lots of fun emote spam before matches start. Lots of thank you spam. Not a single mic on which is exactly how I want quick play to be. I expected at least a little bit of the MOBA type community, but so far it has been really great.

DrArchon

I've seen that happen, but it was usually someone killing someone in the middle of their ult or doing it to clear the objective,

Also, some games are just boring. They can't all be winners.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

It's an algorithm and not a human being; there are situations where it will be wrong. As long as it's not showing you non-events most of the time then I think it's fine.

It could also be that you had a slow game with no multi-kills. Not every game has an amazing POTG-worthy event.

Ha yeah it's kinda funny in a daft sense. I think one time he must have gone for a coffee break as he was just stood still looking at a wall.

Nah, that's just really high-level Torbjorn play. He's moving so fast you can't see anything he does. Kinda like DBZ. Really technical stuff.

I had a quintuple kill with Zarya's ult last night and POTG went to a junkrat who got a triple kill with his tire. I was salty cuz that was my best game so far in Overwatch.

LiK

PS4 community so far has been pretty amazing. In most games people are trying to fill rolls. Lots of fun emote spam before matches start. Lots of thank you spam. Not a single mic on which is exactly how I want quick play to be. I expected at least a little bit of the MOBA type community, but so far it has been really great.

Yea, even randoms will choose other character types just to fill out the roster. Doesn't mean we'll win but I like that they give a shit about that.

Tidalwave

Only player I've had to report was a toxic Mei who kept using her wall to prevent team members from leaving the spawn and getting to the point.

FYI, PotG mentions in the bottom at the middle why it's featuring the particular clip. e.g. "Shutdown," which is where they kill someone using an ult.
Glad i am not the only one who noticed this. He is killing heroes with 200-250 health with one shot and it's not even headshot.

Unless they're at half health I don't think that's mathematically possible. Unless Mercy is backing him up... maybe?
I think I might be the worst Hanzo ever.

Oh, you'd be surprised.

I ulted a basement-level with Hanzo's ult once, so it went right under most of the enemy team. Pretty sure my team facepalmed at that one--I know I did.

I had a quintuple kill with Zarya's ult last night and POTG went to a junkrat who got a triple kill with his tire. I was salty cuz that was my best game so far in Overwatch.

Those might have been mostly assists. The game still notifies you of it all the same, but it doesn't seem to actually count for as much when it calculates who got PotG.

Farsi

The microtransactions got to me. About to go to the store and pick up some battle net cards.

Why does this game have to be so much fun

T.O.P

Banned
...i really hope they will add some other way to get credits in game outside of Boxes

Hell, i wouldn't even refuse 10-20 per level :(

LiK

The microtransactions got to me. About to go to the store and pick up some battle net cards.

Why does this game have to be so much fun

I bought Hearthstone card packs and I don't even play the game that much. I might buy loot crates if I keep playing just to see what I unlock.

Only player I've had to report was a toxic Mei who kept using her wall to prevent team members from leaving the spawn and getting to the point.

It happened to me too, so dumb. It's only a few seconds but it's still annoying.

Another thing that I really hate is when I die surrounded by 3 or 4 guys from the oposing team, just to respawn and see my teammates "playing" inside the ship.

Hopefully this is just happening because the game is new.

I bought Hearthstone card packs and I don't even play the game that much. I might buy loot crates if I keep playing just to see what I unlock.

Why would you do something like that? I've put a tremendous amount of Heathstone, and never put a dollar into it. If you're not spending a lot of time on the game, why would you put money into it?

Do you just like seeing opening animations?

Why would you do something like that? I've put a tremendous amount of Heathstone, and never put a dollar into it. If you're not spending a lot of time on the game, why would you put money into it?

Maybe he just wants to support the developers.

Or he's crazy.

Or both.

LiK

I played enough that I wanted better cards. I didn't play like 10 min of it. I did play it for a few weeks lol. I enjoyed my time so I gave them some money.

ExVicis

I'm getting real tired of seeing two people pick Hanzo and Widowmaker respectively and just being completely useless but staying as Hanzo or Widowmaker. Fucking stahp. Please! If you can't snipe or aren't racking up any of kills as either of these two then don't play them, you're literally worse than an empty player slot.

I'm not saying don't play them, but if it's been a while in the game and the enemy has killed you a few times/already progressed the objective a decent ways then maybe you're not contributing to the team enough.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'm 16-1 when I'm not playing Mercy, and 7-5 when playing as Mercy. I don't know what to make of that. I normally lead the team in eliminations/damage when I play Widowmaker or Bastion. I dunno.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
5 games, 5 losses.

I have now officially turned into a giant block of salt.

Didn't play much at all yesterday due to my salt levels being high. My win rate was stellar a few days ago, but now it feels like when I play in a group the opposing team is made up of pro MLGers, and when I go solo the other teams coordination is off the charts. It's insane. T-T

I actually kind of like the inaccuracy of PotG sometimes. It adds variety. Some times it's a sick outplay from a Genji or Tracer, and alot of the times it's just a well placed ult, and those are fine. But every once in awhile a Torbjorn will get a triple kill while falling through the map and it's magical.

Honestly it works better than I really would have expected most of the time anyway.

In other news I got tired of losing so I started playing Lucio every game. And it pretty much worked. That character is bonkers.

Rizzi

FYI, PotG mentions in the bottom at the middle why it's featuring the particular clip. e.g. "Shutdown," which is where they kill someone using an ult.

Unless they're at half health I don't think that's mathematically possible. Unless Mercy is backing him up... maybe?

Oh, you'd be surprised.

I ulted a basement-level with Hanzo's ult once, so it went right under most of the enemy team. Pretty sure my team facepalmed at that one--I know I did.

I can't hit anyone with my regular attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom