• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Pharah is my favorite character to snip in the face. See the ult, guaranteed kill basically. I don't think she's OP at all.

PatjuhR

Goddamnit, I said it once and I'll say it again; I hate tracer.

Maybe it's my fault, my teams fault or everbody who plays tracers fault, but whenever I play as Lucio and she runs into me it's just blinking and shooting all over the place without killing each other for the rest of the game.

We can't kill each other, but they never give up.

I really wish there was a 'party up' button after games :(

Seriously. Got into a group for like 4 games with some great people who communicated as their Mercy healer. Their coordination allowed me to get 3 POTG as Mercy, lol. They were actually starting to jokingly complain about it. Then a few people dropped and it dropped us all out of the queue into a fresh one.

Maybe it's my fault, my teams fault or everbody who plays tracers fault, but whenever I play as Lucio and she runs into me it's just blinking and shooting all over the place without killing each other for the rest of the game.

Your team should be protecting you better. But yeah I run into this as Lucio all the time.

MGrant

Just chilling at the back of Hanamura B as Reinhardt, protecting Bastion and Torbjorn's turret as if they were my own children, when I realized I can play this position one-handed and browse GAF on my phone with the other.

Bring them back to other teammates so they can help you finish her.

24hr

press 'P', you can see everyone you played with recently, then invite them. Not sure how it works on console. Sure, it could have been easier.

Yeah I know I could always invite recent players. But would just make it so much easier to have the option.

OVDRobo

I know how you feel. A good Tracer will really shut down a support in my experience. I was playing Mercy the other day and this Tracer player just kept finding ways to get behind us all and targeted me specifically. There was one point where I ran straight past a team mate and jumped up and down while being shot by the Tracer and they still didn't turn around.

I stopped playing Mercy for the rest of that match after that. We lost, obviously.

Boogdud

I like Pharah
when you don't get shot down

https://gfycat.com/EarlyGleefulBergerpicard

Why can't I find a game as Pharah with a widowmaker that stands right in the street 3 feet behind everyone and shoots at the ground?

The two characters I really enjoy playing are Junkrat and Roadhog, Pharah is so obnoxious as both of them. Hitting her with junkrat is pretty much luck based and *every* time I try to hook her as hog she is like 6 inches out of reach.

But man, that mech skin of her's is divine.

The servers are super smooth today. I guess the early rush is gone.
Meanwhile, I got a legendary skin for Hanzo and Junkrat after 19 cases, that RNG is pretty good for purchasable cases.

Ray Wonder

Why can't I find a game as Pharah with a widowmaker that stands right in the street 3 feet behind everyone and shoots at the ground?

The two characters I really enjoy playing are Junkrat and Roadhog, Pharah is so obnoxious as both of them. Hitting her with junkrat is pretty much luck based and *every* time I try to hook her as hog she is like 6 inches out of reach.

But man, that mech skin of her's is divine.

You got me curious because I couldn't remember checking out the other skins for Pharah, but god damned is this one awesome.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/ssE7pZi.jpg[/IMG]

I play Widowmaker a lot, and Winston is the bane of my existence.

Play Hanzo instead. If a Winston tries to jump you, shoot a scattershot at his feet. If he's not dead, he will be soon.

I actually have no idea how well this works against Winston, but it works every time against D.Va and they seem pretty similar.

Ardenyal

Faced with a team of Reinharts and people insist on playing tracer, genji, hanzo etc. How many times do you need to bang your head on a wall till you realize it's not working out..

Kane1345

Does that masteroverwatch site only count the people who've logged into it? Cause apparently im the 24th best Winston in the world which........doesn't seem right lol

rdytoroll

Lmao at my teammates.

pvXCtP5.gif

I just did 40% of the team damage and I was playing as Roadhog. I thought I dodged bad teammates on the first day, but somehow it's getting worse and worse. Yeah go ahead teammates, just jump in with Hanzo and Tracer and get killed in 2 seconds. Great job guys! No wonder I did almost half of the teamdamage. Idiots running in like headless chickens and wondering why they don't contribute to the team. Fuck off with your useless ass Hanzo plays on offense. Salty af right now, kinda hilarious though

Ray Wonder

Faced with a team of Reinharts and people insist on playing tracer, genji, hanzo etc. How many times do you need to bang your head on a wall till you realize it's not working out..

Sometimes you just get a team of people that don't think at all. One game I played as a Mercy and everyone would one by one run into the objective and die surrounded by 4-5 enemies, and then type in the chat. "Where's the healer at wtf??"

Bruh I'm not going to commit suicide with you so you can stay alive 2 seconds longer.

Play Hanzo instead. If a Winston tries to jump you, shoot a scattershot at his feet. If he's not dead, he will be soon.

I actually have no idea how well this works against Winston, but it works every time against D.Va and they seem pretty similar.

I just try my best to run away. I'll diversify soon, but right now I have my favorite characters.

Stalk

Playing Lucio and a widowmaker starts spamming "I need healing".

Bbz. I am not running to running to the back rafters to heal you when everyone else is out front.

Kusagari

I'm so sick of being on a control map and most of the team just abandoning the circle with less than a minute left to go hunt people. It always ends up being me and someone else as the only ones still there. The other team comes from behind and kills us as the other guys are doing who knows what and we lose.

Playing Lucio and a widowmaker starts spamming "I need healing".

Bbz. I am not running to running to the back rafters to heal you when everyone else is out front.

The best part is she only has to be within Lucio's line of sight to get healed, so there's probably a bigger problem with that Widowmaker if she can't see her teammates.

Mupod

Ran into a VERY sketchy Widowmaker last night...ended the match with 50+ kills, teammates literally could not walk out of cover without being headshotted instantly regardless of character. I'd be healing them from behind a corner on Mercy and they would just drop as soon as they poked out. On the cam you could see the reticle instantly snap on to heads, was even perfectly tracking an ult-ing Winston going crazy. The rest of the team was terrible so that was either my first encounter with an aimbot or the best sniper in the world playing solo.

I was up against a full 6 man group yesterday that was doing things like 5x Genji with a Lucio. I swapped to Winston but everyone else kept on playing the same people the whole match, Winston can't outdamage Lucio's healing so it was pretty shitty. Was kind of fun hitting his ultimate and just tossing a horde of Genjis up in the air though.

Ray Wonder

I'm so sick of being on a control map and most of the team just abandoning the circle with less than a minute left to go hunt people. It always ends up being me and someone else as the only ones still there. The other team comes from behind and kills us as the other guys are doing who knows what and we lose.

I hate this as well. If there's something that says defend above it. Stay there pls. You're not getting healed by me if you're by yourself, half a map away. That just leads you to getting killed nice and easy, and leaves the people at the objective one person down.

I'm sure, with time, people will catch on hopefully right?

That's one hell of a D.VA ultimate
https://imgur.com/gallery/1jME6ry

Look at that!!

Wow. That seems kinda bullshit tbh hahaha. I'd be pissed.

T.O.P

Banned
When you get into the zone Reaper can be quite intense

1uhje6.png

I don't think i've ever got past 25 kills with the other heroes lol

Mupod

I wonder how long until people start understanding Reaper 'body language'. Ok that guy is up on a ledge staring hungrily down at the capture point. He's literally doing the same thing my fucking cat does when it's about to pounce on my hand. Please for the love of god don't clump up toget-DIE DIE DIE PLAY OF THE GAME

I wonder how long until people start understanding Reaper 'body language'. Ok that guy is up on a ledge staring hungrily down at the capture point. He's literally doing the same thing my fucking cat does when it's about to pounce on my hand. Please for the love of god don't clump up toget-DIE DIE DIE PLAY OF THE GAME

Every time I've seen Reaper kill the whole team like that, he was totally out of everyone's sight, so no one had a chance to react to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom