• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

It's quite easy to get it as Mercy with a 4-5 person rez. But that's all it checks for - I got POTG for a mass rez that was immediately followed by my entire team wiping again so it meant nothing. I did get an achievement though.

Zenyatta's are much more rare but his ult can pump out such insane amounts of healing it might trigger whatever point threshold the game is looking for. The only one I've gotten also included a shutdown (I killed a Pharah ult-ing and then used my own ult to heal my team up from the damage she did).

I have never once seen a Lucio get POTG for anything other than environmental kills. They are always hilarious though, and still more common than Zenyatta.

I've gotten a Zenyatta potg with his ult one before. Healed my whole team through a Hanzo ult while on the capture point.

Apathy

310.png

Perfect. That's exactly what all the mei's are thinking.

They truly are the ralph wiggum of overwatch

Hupsel

Lucio is way too good in any game mode. Dunno if he is broken, but he is sooo good. Passive heal, good damage, ultimate that wins games... maybe 175 or 150 health to him would do the trick idk.

NeoRaider

Can't believe that i didn't got Hanamura since release. Not even once.
Got it many times in the beta, it's one of my favorites. Weird.

Zomba13

Most fun ult?

Mine is D.VA's. Even though I rarely get many kills with it, I get excited whenever I have the chance to use it.

I quite like Soldier 76's. It's just aimbot but I've never used an aimbot and it's just fun to point in the general direction of enemies and hit them.

Plum

Still debating whether to get the game, I can buy it tomorrow but I have no clue if I should.

Is there enough here to entertain if you don't have anyone to play with? I'm just not sure there is, and after being stung before when paying £40 for games where solo is a bad experience (most recently Borderlands 2 full price) I'm being extra cautious.

What should I do, Neogaf?

Still debating whether to get the game, I can buy it tomorrow but I have no clue if I should.

Is there enough here to entertain if you don't have anyone to play with? I'm just not sure there is, and after being stung before when paying £40 for games where solo is a bad experience (most recently Borderlands 2 full price) I'm being extra cautious.

I play solo and for me it's super addictive. I think the variety of heroes alone carries it. Every game had a ton of variation because of the different match ups that occur. Some games can be rough mismatches but that's not super common especially as you match up with more experienced people.

m4st4

lol

Had this happen to a buddy of mine who was playing hog the other day. Dude was not pleased.

That's nothing. Try dying while capturing point A and immediately after respawn Mei from your team drops a fucking wall on the entrance so you're there waiting, thinking what the fuck just happened, did our own Mei just trolled us all?

I had way too many defeats today man.

a harpy

It's not really in the same ballpark as Borderlands 2. Can you play TF2, CS:GO, L4D, CoD, BF by yourself and stay interested? Overwatch is damn fun, but it can be frustrating to play by yourself because sometimes you won't even know why you lost if your team isn't communicating.

Strange thing to be upset about. The most I've gotten is 200. 500's halfway to a legendary skin.

I agree, yea. I'm quite happy with that deposit. I'm up to 2600 and my only issue is paralysis of analysis. When you have 9 you really like, it becomes as hard to make a decision as it was to get the coins to spend in the first place.

pigeon

Banned

I almost always play solo and I have a ton of fun.

If you are the kind of person who gets aggravated with your teammates if they are randoms, I wouldn't recommend buying this alone.

I feel like most people complaining about people treating this like TDM must be playing on consoles. I'm on PC and fortunately most games I've played are really solid with good team compositions and people actually trying for objectives.

Duraigo

My copy just arrived in the mail, and I got to play my first game. Won on Kings Row as attackers while playing as Zenyatta. Needless to say:
CFCnfZ9.png

Also, my second loot box contained the Okami skin for Hanzo! Off to a great start overall!

As long as you don't have a bad attitude and understand sometimes you're just gonna have shitty teams. It's a blast. I've been playing 100% solo and love it. Just need to realize some games you won't win because your team just isn't strong enough.

Shifty

That's nothing. Try dying while capturing point A and immediately after respawn Mei from your team drops a fucking wall on the entrance so you're there waiting, thinking what the fuck just happened, did our own Mei just trolled us all?

8yRdl.gif

Ouch

m4st4

Buy it. I play alone most of the time on PS4 and it's tons of fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just had a great game with hanzo, even had the votes at the end... now Hanzo is my bae? stupid videogame stop being fun

Plum

I play solo and for me it's super addictive. I think the variety of heroes alone carries it. Every game had a ton of variation because of the different match ups that occur. Some games can be rough mismatches but that's not super common especially as you match up with more experienced people.

It's not really in the same ballpark as Borderlands 2. Can you play TF2, CS:GO, L4D, CoD, BF by yourself and stay interested? Overwatch is damn fun, but it can be frustrating to play by yourself because sometimes you won't even know why you lost if your team isn't communicating.

I almost always play solo and I have a ton of fun.

If you are the kind of person who gets aggravated with your teammates if they are randoms, I wouldn't recommend buying this alone.

I do play CoD since it's the only shooter where playing solo doesn't feel like a burden, and yeah I do get frustrated if I'm playing an objective mode and my team just refuses to do anything. However, I'm never not playing the objective if I play those game modes, and the thrill of winning an objective match is so much better than just killing more people than the other team. Think I'll be getting this, thanks! As long as I get a good 10-15 hours out of it I'd say I've got my value's worth.

The thing is the only way I'd get to play on a team is if I played with people from here or people I met in-game. None of my real-life friends are on PC and few are interested enough to play a game like Overwatch. How prevalent are Gaf-teams? I'm new to this sort of thing :)

Ranmo

I've had that happen. Luckily we still won, but barely. I caught her doing it when I was in front of her too. After every single re-spawn she would turn around and wall our spawn. Like why would you do that. Especially if the game is intense af.

m4st4

How do you guys share your POTGs here, is there an easy way to upload them to yt from ps4? My favorite so far:

Symmetra - turret 1 created, turret 2 created, both on the payload, Junkrat down with the gun, D.Va (outside the mech) down with the gun, apparently two more on the offense also down by the turrets... I managed to spray Symmetra graffiti on the wall AND make a stance. Needless to say nobody liked my show cause we lost that game in the last seconds and the only thumbs up was mine, lol.

Uthred

I feel like most people complaining about people treating this like TDM must be playing on consoles. I'm on PC and fortunately most games I've played are really solid with good team compositions and people actually trying for objectives.

I get the feeling youve just been lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom