• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

If I saw my team pick those heroes on attack, I'd leave the game as quick as possible.

Same, I just wouldn't really bother if it a pug group.

I get annoy seeing a Torbjorn on a attacking team, which could possibly work, but most of the time I just see them hang back rather than helping pushing forward or such.

Finally got potg with Pharah. Ultimate right where the opponent's were spawning from inside the house lol
Didn't get shot down. Managed a 19/3 k/d

Jeez, my friend and I got matched with a 4 stack and 3 of them went Genji and we lost handsomely, I really do hate shitters with a passion.

I hit 25 tonight so that's ranked sorted when it's released, I'm hoping once you get past the early ranks the level of play will increase dramatically but I'm not holding my breath.

If their ranking system is similar to HOTS then don't. It doesn't matter what rank you reach. You'll always be matched up with people of lower skill level.

X-Frame

Oh my --

Hanzo fired his Ult so then I fired my blackhole as Zarya to suck everyone in and I suppose around that time a Mei used her Ult as well and we wiped the team during Capture. Wow.

Moments like that are just incredible.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey guys, I'm a Reinhardt, we'll push the point, just stay behind my shield and...

or you can just do whatever you want and I'll just protect myself...

Do people not know what a tank is?

SwolBro

Banned
Torbjorn turret needs a nerf. end of story.

bastions can be dealt with, but when they set up an automatic turret like this in a corner of a map for a capture point... the entire game revolves around it.

even with a good team it becomes such a pain. it's the vocal point of the match when it shouldn't be. the turrets should be there to assist, not become the center of attention.

i keep getting better at the game, climbing in level, and yet the problem remains.

Zackat

bastions can be dealt with, but when they set up an automatic turret like this in a corner of a map for a capture point... the entire game revolves around it.

even with a good team it becomes such a pain. it's the vocal point of the match when it shouldn't be. the turrets should be there to assist, not become the center of attention.

i keep getting better at the game, climbing in level, and yet the problem remains.
Junkrat

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

as someone with 4 hours on Tor, no. Today I could barely use him, people kept taking it out (Winstons for example) with ease. I had a few good games but mostly I ended up switching out. The one problem game I had was one vs 2 tors on hanamura, and we still eventually won

you are saying something is OP because its a pain to deal with. lol? you are just being salty dude

SwolBro

Banned

junkrat is easy to take down. so, no, 1 junkrat will not do anything. it takes a very well coordinated team effort to take down torbojrn turrets and in pubs that's hard to get going.

again, the damn turrets shouldn't be the vocal point of these matches in this game.

BigDug13

No, only when the match starts.

That's good to know. I really like playing Lucio but think it's a waste of time if the entire rest of the team is genji, widow, hanzo, mccree. Lucio is best on the objective with other boots on the ground characters IMO. Now that I moved jump to L2 and my sound wave on R3, I can rock pretty hard on the objectives themselves if my team has other characters that will be at the objective with me. I'll just bail if the whole rest of the team selects all junk ledge "stay away from objective" characters. No point in being a support character that only is supporting yourself.

abundant

Really? In my experience, Torbjorn's turret isn't that effective when playing with a good team.

Hey guys, I'm a Reinhardt, we'll push the point, just stay behind my shield and...

or you can just do whatever you want and I'll just protect myself...

Do people not know what a tank is?

Jesus christ, i find myself saying the same thing every time i play as him lol. Also idiots who pick bastion on payload as offense, by the time they set up their turret, the payload has already moved on to a location where they are effectively useless at helping the team push up...

styl3s

Junkrat frag bouncing/phara peak and shoot makes Torbjorn turrets the most useless thing in the world.

There are so many ways to counter that thing you just need to learn the maps and characters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
junkrat is easy to take down. so, no, 1 junkrat will not do anything. it takes a very well coordinated team effort to take down torbojrn turrets and in pubs that's hard to get going.

again, the damn turrets shouldn't be the vocal point of these matches in this game.

Reinart charge, Winston monkeying around, Junkrat, Tracer zipping around and blasting it away, not to mention snipers (I was destroying them with Hanzo) and of course any AOE ult.. So again, nah dude, youre just being salty which is understandable.

Had a Reinhardt tank tell us "Going to push fast. Keep up."

Me and my two friends were like "Wow this guy is going to die immediately."

Proceed to nonstop push the payload the entire time with no pause longer than a few seconds.

Sorry for doubting you m8.

Zackat

I kill torb turrets as junkrat all the time solo. I think torbs turrets are kind of weak still unless they are camped on. But this just opens up other avenues.

Proceed to nonstop push the payload the entire time with no pause longer than a few seconds.

Haha. I've had games as Reinhardt where I just shield up and let the push cart push me all the way to the finish line. I literally just hold right click the entire time.

Mossybrew

I agree with you 100%. When simple AI turrets are the cornerstone of a match that's just not fun. They have too much health IMO. I don't even mind Bastion. I know the sentiment is gonna be dismissed as salt, I know there's counters, but I understand that feeling that dealing with his turrets isn't fun in a way that sticks out.

Rhaknar

For most people, in pubs, having a good team is a rarity. Yet, even with a good team, in capture the point gametypes Torbjorn's are usually the focus on most maps.

Yeah.. they're a problem on console.

when you have the majority of people telling you they are not a problem, maybe...they are not a problem and maybe its you that is wrong, no? :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

lmafo
Turrets are completely worthless on defense end of story. Bastion actually does 8x the DPS it's not even close. I'm happy anytime I see Torbs on enemy team. Pick Pharah. A level 2 turret only does 50DPS you have plenty of time not to die.

Giving your team armor and help controlling a side point are great though, as is his weapon damage.

Ferrio

Banned

He's got the right idea. I find a lot of pubs don't push the advantage fast enough and just mill around soaking up damage.

SwolBro

Banned
Reinart charge, Winston monkeying around, Junkrat, Tracer zipping around and blasting it away, not to mention snipers (I was destroying them with Hanzo) and of course any AOE ult.. So again, nah dude, youre just being salty which is understandable.

Are you on console? this isn't salt. salt is if i was getting outplayed and getting mad about it... this is just a hassle and not fun. When i see games turn because a Torbjorn turret is in a corner in front of their spawn point when we're trying to capture i just sigh because i know the entire match will now revolve around taking out the stupid turret.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Playing as Reaper on Ilios.
Teleported into a group of 4 holding a capture point.
Used my ult before they could realise what's going on.
POTG.

This is fun. :D

abundant

For most people, in pubs, having a good team is a rarity. Yet, even with a good team, in capture the point gametypes Torbjorn's are usually the focus on most maps.

It doesn't matter what game mode I'm playing, Torbrojn's turrets aren't that effective. Now multiple Torbjorn's can be tough to deal with, but a single Tobjorn is easily countered.

Cocaloch

It doesn't need a nerf, static defenses are the big advantage for defenders. Part of the game is learning how to deal with it.

The turret is really really easy to deal with unless he ults.

SwolBro

Banned
when you have the majority of people telling you they are not a problem, maybe...they are not a problem and maybe its you that is wrong, no? :)
majority of people in any aspect are usually wrong. especially since i know i've put enough time into the game to start getting a good feel for what is or is not true.

now this isn't to say my experience is the same for everyone because i know PC is very different. I"m talking about console play, and i'm talking about capture gametypes.

X-Frame

Whenever I'm Zarya and I'm glowing with energy, is that based upon my damage boost from the shield absorption?

I see myself in killcam die like I'm surrounded by a Kaio-Ken or something.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
They should start by making the vertical indicators for damage more apparent. I don't feel like I should die 20 feet in the air to D.Va ulti :/
Are you on console? this isn't salt. salt is if i was getting outplayed and getting mad about it... this is just a hassle and not fun. When i see games turn because a Torbjorn turret is in a corner in front of their spawn point when we're trying to capture i just sigh because i know the entire match will now revolve around taking out the stupid turret.
It's the same stuff as 8 years of TF2 and people having trouble with level 3 sentries, except this time they deal 3x as less damage and there are twice as many ways to deal with them.

Because they deal shit damage ANYONE behind Rein will kill one, 3 direct rockets kill (blast Torb away from repairing if he is with knockback ability), Hanzo Shot and scatter shot, or mark it so your allies aren't stupid about it, Junkrat free all day, like it's not walking 5 feet from a corner an dying to a 300DPS bastion, you have so much time not to die.

If you have trouble peeking corners then just get good angles on Junkrat, the bombs don't explode till they touch the ground so you can always get an angle on almost every map. If it's bothering you that something that takes 6s to get rid of is a 'focus'... it's really not.

Farsi

So I came back from the store and opened up 50 boxes.

J0vAgDf.png

I got this along with 2.2k coins. The bastion one and Genji one put a huge smile on my face. I think I did alright.

Gryph

The problem with turrets on consoles is that no one talks, so idiots run into the same zone covered by a turret and die.

If you die to a turret, switch to Pharah / Junkrat / Soldier 76 and destroy it, push the enemy out of their hole, then go back to whatever hero you want to play.

At least that how I do it in pubs... People who have friends to play with shouldn't have any problems, just coordinate with your team.

I think they should Nerf D.Va's ult.

I literally don't think I've gotten a single kill with it in the last ten or so games... It's pretty much only a stalling / point control tactic now. No one can miss it, so everyone gets cover.

Mossybrew

now this isn't to say my experience is the same for everyone because i know PC is very different. I"m talking about console play, and i'm talking about capture gametypes.

Yeah, I'm playing on PS4. It may be more of an issue on console, I dunno. But I also see this same thing happen repeatedly. Maybe us console scrubs need to just git gud, I'm open to being wrong, but for the moment I agree his turrets feel overpowered.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I usually get frustrated trying to play torb because of how easy it is to actually deal with the turret personally. A single pharah just peek shotting rockets is GG for it.

Mass torb team is a different story since there's so many turrets and molten core is a REALLY strong ult, but alone you need more than just a torb to hold people back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom