• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is the Seagull stream potato quality for anyone else?

Also, that 12-man wipeout was fucking crazy.

Mupod

Lucio is who I pick when I'm tired of losing. I actually have a 100% win rate on him, and I've got about 1 hour on the character which is middle of the road for me (I play everyone).

When you see a gold from a loot box and it's just 500 currency. I felt defeated.

well, that's still pretty good. It's half of a skin you actually want instead of one you don't. I've been hovering around 500g for a while now so that'd be welcome.

Clawww

pretty sure I've never won against lucio + roadhog on control points

i hate that you can unload a whole clip on him while he's self-healing and he can just absorb that shit

Ivan 3414

Agreed. I like playing as Lucio but i don't wanna play as him all the time.

Healers don't get enough credit.

Doesn't help that Support rarely gets play of the game. A support class can be key to winning a match and actually play for the objective but they didnt kill three people in a row so fuck them.

MUnited83

For you.
D.va is the perfect punching bag. Especially when people that don't know how to use her are shooting at u from across the map.
Yeah, too many people don't realize her guns are of close range auto shotguns that anything else. I mean, you can do some alright supressing fire if you have a Reinhart providing you shield and more people attacking at the same time, but the focus should be on getting behind the enemy when possible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow.
tumblr_o7tca8ZWqf1rbwk0eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7tca8ZWqf1rbwk0eo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7tca8ZWqf1rbwk0eo7_1280.jpg

Mupod

pretty sure I've never won against lucio + roadhog on control points

i hate that you can unload a whole clip on him while he's self-healing and he can just absorb that shit

The closest I ever came to losing a match on Lucio in my solo queue adventures was a team on Li Jiang where 4 people were just off in fucking nowhere doing god knows what. On the second map (the enclosed one) it was literally just me and one Roadhog fighting off the enemy team by ourselves and somehow pulling it off. At one point I was just incredulous at how our team was completely absent at all times, looked around and like...there was a Widowmaker on our team, in one of the top rooms that nobody ever goes into. Why would you go there. I don't think I've ever really explored the top part of that map at all, aside from going up as Reaper or Junkrat for some cheeky ults when the enemy team is clustered on the point. That player certainly had no line of sight on the capture point or the enemy team or anything, really.

The messed up thing is my team of randoms was just constantly shit talking about how amazing they were, with some slurs for good measure. Like...you would have lost this map in under 2 minutes if not for me and this Roadhog.

Uthred

You CAN get duplicates in crates, right? Which turn into gold if you get one, I believe?

Just to clarify, they dont turn into gold, if you see a stack of credits then you simply got credits, if you get a dupe then the item will be outlined in gold and will have "+X Credits" on it

I have to imagine selecting a PotG that isn't just "got a multi-kill" would be pretty difficult algorithmically, but I do hope they figure it out eventually. Had a game last night where our Lucio popped Sound Barrier at just the right time to stop a Hanzo ult that would have killed at least 4 of our team. That's the kind of stuff I really want to see highlighted.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Trying Tracer in bots. I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of her.

tracer, as far as i understand her, is not meant to kill enemies but to get behind them fast, shoot them in the back and make them nervous/skittish, so your team can pick them off.

like an annoying mosquito

I can't describe the joy that booping Ulting Pharahs out of the air with D.Va's boost gives me. Pop defense matrix and then fly up to em. BOOP. JUSTICE RAINS FROM A-BOOP.

Or just booping into them in general, knocked one out of the sky and off the map that way.

Trying Tracer in bots. I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of her.

Flank, go in hard, take damage, warp out, repeat. Same combo for her ult, zip in, drop, reverse time. A lot of slower characters will have a hard time keeping up with you and, in doing so, waste a lot of time chasing you which lets your team push pretty hard.

TheDanimal

I got play of the game with Lucio and it felt amazing.
Of course, the POTG only showed two of my four environmental kills, and my team got wrecked, but it still felt amazing.

tracer, as far as i understand her, is not meant to kill enemies but to get behind them fast, shoot them in the back and make them nervous/skittish, so your team can pick them off.
Yeah you can harass and distract people to keep them away from the objective and/or your team by getting behind them. I have trouble effectively using the rewind though. I just don't plan ahead enough to use it.

Ferrio

Banned

like an annoying mosquito

No she's definitely good at taking down people, especially valuable targets like mercy/lucio/snipers, and using her ult for bastions/turrets.

Yeah you can harass and distract people to keep them away from the objective and/or your team by getting behind them. I have trouble effectively using the rewind though. I just don't plan ahead enough to use it.

When you hear tracer gasp it's time to hit rewind.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Flank, go in hard, take damage, warp out, repeat. Same combo for her ult, zip in, drop, reverse time. A lot of slower characters will have a hard time keeping up with you and, in doing so, waste a lot of time chasing you which lets your team push pretty hard.

She's a nightmare for Reinhardt.

Mupod

I have to imagine selecting a PotG that isn't just "got a multi-kill" would be pretty difficult algorithmically, but I do hope they figure it out eventually. Had a game last night where our Lucio popped Sound Barrier at just the right time to stop a Hanzo ult that would have killed at least 4 of our team. That's the kind of stuff I really want to see highlighted.

It's quite easy to get it as Mercy with a 4-5 person rez. But that's all it checks for - I got POTG for a mass rez that was immediately followed by my entire team wiping again so it meant nothing. I did get an achievement though.

Zenyatta's are much more rare but his ult can pump out such insane amounts of healing it might trigger whatever point threshold the game is looking for. The only one I've gotten also included a shutdown (I killed a Pharah ult-ing and then used my own ult to heal my team up from the damage she did).

I have never once seen a Lucio get POTG for anything other than environmental kills. They are always hilarious though, and still more common than Zenyatta.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

blink yourself to the enemy, stick your ult on them and use rewind to get away :)!

styl3s

I had a guy on my team running into the enemy team over and over as widowmaker trying to snipe them like its call of duty.

90% of my games today my team has been filled with people playing it like its a call of duty deathmatch and it's making me salty.

fuzzyset

For Tracer, stick to hallways and less traveled areas to get behind the enemies. Blink through open areas connecting said paths. Don't use it solely to get behind the enemy. You'll need it to survive in battles. REALLY go for headshots with Tracer. She can melt enemies in one magazine if you get good hits; the difference in damage taken from the reloading time can be life or death since you have such little health. It's a real tough balancing act, but she's quickly becoming my favorite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom