• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
then dont read my posts. pretty easy. Hanzo arrows are stupid right now, and it's been proven with videos how generous the aiming for shots are/ but hey, ignore that cause you like hanzo, and then ignore me too my blocking my posts

Hanzo is a joke according to pro players but hey, you keep whining about those TREE LOGS and bad hanzos on your team.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So my bro, Pons here on GAF, gave me his old rig when he upgraded and I've pretty much gone PC only. It's got an AMD Phenom II X6 1075T, 16Gb of RAM, and CAME with a Geforce 560. With the 560 I was getting 59-60 on Overwatch on Medium, and 40-50 on DooM on low.

Well today he came over and showed me how to install a GPU and I put in my new Geforce 970. I'm pretty stoked. Now I'm getting a constant 60fps on Ultra in Overwatch and between 45-60 on Ultra in DooM. With the old-ass 52" HDTV I'm playing on he says that it can only display max 60fps (I forget if that's with vsync on or off). Anyways, I'm pretty stoked to be able to bump the quality up so much AND get better fps.

Not really on-topic I guess, but the second game I tried was Overwatch and it ran like a dream. Then, it always runs like a dream. Looks great on Ultra settings, of course.

Thanks for the education Pons! Lots to learn as a PC gamer.

Haven't been really paying attention to this game, but all the buzz its been getting has got me interested.

One very important question: Is there a weapons upgrade system that makes certain better weapons locked until players progress, or are all weapons and options open from the start of the game?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can anyone help play better on PC. I did pretty excellent on shooting people on a console and I just can't get the hang of playing on keyboard and mouse. I'm just terrible at it. I can get the jump on people and and they'll wreck me because i constantly miss. It's not the character I'm playing either cuz I can play Reaper and still suck missing short range shots. My sensitivity isn't too high. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been really paying attention to this game, but all the buzz its been getting has got me interested.

One very important question: Is there a weapons upgrade system that makes certain better weapons locked until players progress, or are all weapons and options open from the start of the game?

Nope, no weapon upgrades. All gameplay-related items are unlocked for everyone from the start.

You only unlock cosmetic stuff.

Ferrio

Banned

Everything gameplay related is unlocked at the start. Anything locked is just cosmetic stuff.

Every gameplay related things are 100% unlocked from the start, there is no upgrade system and you don't have to grind for anything gameplay related. You start on the exact same playing field from the first second as someone who played for 100 hours.

Sifl

Hanamura feels like the worst map. If the team defending is good it's extremely difficult to get past the choke point in the first area.

ISOM

then dont read my posts. pretty easy. Hanzo arrows are stupid right now, and it's been proven with videos how generous the aiming for shots are/ but hey, ignore that cause you like hanzo, and then ignore me too my blocking my posts

Hanzo's arrows might be a little generous but it still takes a lot of skill to be good with the character. I can't tell you how many times I missed an enemy even at close range till I got somewhat good at it.

rdytoroll

Can anyone help play better on PC. I did pretty excellent on shooting people on a console and I just can't get the hang of playing on keyboard and mouse. I'm just terrible at it. I can get the jump on people and and they'll wreck me because i constantly miss. It's not the character I'm playing either cuz I can play Reaper and still suck missing short range shots. My sensitivity isn't too high. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Dude I've been playing shooters for a half decade almost daily with several clans on PC, then I went and played mostly on console the past few years. Been playing Overwatch since release and I'm still not even close to past skill level. It really takes a long time, just keep on playing. That's the only advice I can really give you, mouse and keyboard is a whole different beast but in the end you'll be better of for it

Zomba13

So fucking tired of playing tanks and support every game.

Yuuuuuuuup.

It's gotten to the point where I just say fuck it and pick what I want or is best for the moment because why should I be the one always playing the same character game after game.

Hanzo is fucked, those arrow hitboxes make him good at close range too.

Only character in the game where you don't have to aim for the head to get a headshot. Feels like an artifact from the beta.

Xeteh

Do what I've been doing all day. Don't. Just say f' it, and pick whatever, just for a day.

Yeah because the zero chance at winning because no one picks a support role is so much more enjoyable. The attitude of FUCK IT I'LL GET MY OWN KILLS is why almost no one plays those roles to begin with.

Hanzo's arrows might be a little generous but it still takes a lot of skill to be good with the character. I can't tell you how many times I missed an enemy even at close range till I got somewhat good at it.

yeah i miss a lot with hanzo and it seems rare i see one dominating a game

(console player)

D i Z

Yeah because the zero chance at winning because no one picks a support role is so much more enjoyable. The attitude of FUCK IT I'LL GET MY OWN KILLS is why almost no one plays those roles to begin with.

Never said that you have to adopt that attitude, and i'm not saying go for "kills" over team play. But there are other ways to work it out if you're inventive. If you want to try something different then just do it. If you're just mad that you feel burdened, then you kind of have to fix that. Nothing is an automatic zero percent chance.

Actually, in fairness to the whole tank/support issue in public matches, if your team isn't going to help you out in a tank/support role, you're probably going to do more harm to the effort than if you switch to something else.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

I will admit, it is SUPER frustrating when you're the ONLY person even attempting to support and nobody is going after the objective because they're all trying to play Quake off somewhere else.

They may not want to support, or go after the actual objective, but you best believe every motherfucker in the game is the best healer you know and just FULLLL of great advice if you keep dying trying to capture.

Shit fuckers.

patchday

Yeah sometimes I just leave asap when I see a bunch of newbies that dont care bout team comp. Other times I just deal with it and try my best to carry (which is near impossible as a support but more possible as Tank)

like other's have already said; there is no senseless grinding for no reason (unless you consider loot boxes which only contain vanity items a grind but that's a different topic) [edit] but since I mentioned it- the great thing bout loot boxes you can buy them outright with ingame currency

nOoblet16

Anyone feel that Tracer and Genji should have a horizontal wall run, like Lucio? I think that just fits their style. It would probably make them OP but it just feels so right that they would be able to run along walls.

Tracer shouldn't have any verticality at all, that's suppose to be her disadvantage.
Genji on the other hand should have horizontal wall run, I don't understand why he doesn't. Wall run on Lucio is wasted because he moves really slow and can't really jump far enough to get to a second wall adjacent to him since he lacks double jump.

Only situations I see it actually working is if you jump in the pit in the Greece level and wall run there to heal people at the point or to capture the point secretly.

patchday

Whens the threshold for safely leaving a game? I don't want to get any penalties or whatever.

I wonder if we still get credit if we leave during the "play of the game" playback myself. Soemtimes I'm salt6y if I lose and I dont wanna stick around to watch enemy team's playback

If you want basic aim training just go to the practice range and do some simple practice. Like flick between two fixed targets and shoot. Track moving targets while moving. If you find that you are under aiming or over aiming a lot then you might need to tweak sensitivity. I aim by moving my arm not my wrist or fingers as I find that is best for me but changing that can take some getting used to.

nOoblet16

Anubis can be really annoying for the attacking team because there is only the huge gate in the beginning and no alternative route to get beyond the wall. That makes it pretty easy to defend.

Nope, the first point is easy, it's the second point that is difficult.

Watch Seagull explain how you can easily get around if you have a mobile character.
https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/v/64896969?t=3h51m59s

I go left from that chokepoint every single time without taking any damage and I go to the point where you usually find the enemy team's Widowmaker which is actually a good sniping spot for you too, especially if the enemy team doesn't have anyone who can get up to you easily (as is the case with reinhardt, bastion, healer team)

Gojeran

Just had an odd glitch or something I was unable to respawn for like the last several minutes of a match. It only let me spectate.

Mecha

Tracer shouldn't have any verticality at all, that's suppose to be her disadvantage.
Genji on the other hand should have horizontal wall run, I don't understand why he doesn't. Wall run on Lucio is wasted because he moves really slow and can't really jump far enough to get to a second wall adjacent to him since he lacks double jump.

Only situations I see it actually working is if you jump in the pit in the Greece level and wall run there to heal people at the point or to capture the point secretly.

Good Lucio's can get to people really easily on most maps thanks to his wall run. Giving Genji a wall run would make him extremely strong.

I really love this game. Was roadhogging fools all night last night.

I also wanted to go on the record for how fucking crazy some of the overwatch threads are. Just insanity some of the posts people are making.

Apathy

Hanzo is a joke according to pro players but hey, you keep whining about those TREE LOGS and bad hanzos on your team.

why the hell would I care what pro players use? They are talking to each other constantly while playing.

Oh all baseball players use wood bats, and aluminum bats are shit, oh wait, people still use aluminum bats, crazy how that works

But hey, again, really simple, block me, in fact I want you to, so I don't hurt your precious time reading it and hurting your feelings.

Ken

yeah it stinks but i guess you gotta make room for the 9million widowmaker mains out there. fortunately i haven't gotten tired of mercy and reinhardt yet.

ScreenShot_16-05-28_09-45-19-000_zpsraa5iuam.jpg

Sifl

Someone raged at me in Hanamura, we were on attack and getting decimated at the starting chokepoint and started saying stuff like "why are you playing that garbage character Lucio?". This guy was playing Reaper and running into the chokepoint by himself the whole time, and at the end he said "Way to go Lucio, you ruined it for me you fucking loser". Best part is I got PoTG where I basically did nothing, which means he definitely did nothing. And I healed around 9-10k hp in those 4 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom