• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Both Mei and Reaper are countered by mid-rangers like McCree, Soldier, Zarya, Pharah and Junkrat.

Try those if the aforementioned two are giving you a headache.

Furthermore, McCree can stun Reaper out of ult. I'm also pretty good at hooking reapers out of ult with Roadhog but Roadhog is kind of 50/50 against Reaper. It comes down to who sees the other first and whether or not Roadhog lands his hook.

The biggest problem with things like dwarf stacks on defense is it requires you to be really patient to break, and the game is generally much more frenetic, which is part of what makes it so much fun. You can still break through but it's not enjoyable at all.

B.O.O.M

This game also seems to foster a hate for other characters in me.
Torb = him and his turrets have a stupid ammount of health.
Mei = if its one on one just jump of the fucking map.
Bastion = I've never seen him not in his turret or tank form.
Reaper = just saves his ult and runs at the team from the flanks until he gets 3-4 kills for POTG

It is probably because i haven't played with those characters yet but they are the ones that stick out to me when I play

I found it rather easy to kill mei with Reinhardt

Yeah, the algorithm is basically "who did the most damage or healed the most in a short amount of time?".

Pretty sure it's most eliminations, not most damage, and yeah it definitely needs to be fine-tuned. It's a bit tiresome to see Bastion getting some easy kill, or Hanzo just using his ult as always.

This game also seems to foster a hate for other characters in me.
Torb = him and his turrets have a stupid ammount of health.
Mei = if its one on one just jump of the fucking map.
Bastion = I've never seen him not in his turret or tank form.
Reaper = just saves his ult and runs at the team from the flanks until he gets 3-4 kills for POTG

It is probably because i haven't played with those characters yet but they are the ones that stick out to me when I play

All of them are fine but Torbjörn. Bastion can always be sniped, and doesn't have lightning reflexes because he's controlled by a human. Turrets can be placed in dead angles where snipers can't reach them, and whenever an offense unit tries to get close to destroy it, it instantly spots them and kills them. What more, if you actually do manage to destroy a turret, you can be sure that a new one is coming right up.

I figured out why I like playing Mercy so much after I won an Anubis offense game where I got a clutch 4 man rez on point after avoiding a Zarya ult that caught my team by hiding in the area behind the point. I am in search of those epic rezzes where everyone in the game goes "Holy shit that Mercy rez" and my team wins off of it. They're not easy to get, especially in pubs with random players since most people usually don't just all die on point in the same time frame, but when it happens it's the best feeling in the game. Also the POTG seems hella biased to pick 3+man rezzes. Pretty much all the ones I've gotten have been POTG even if nothing happened off of them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bottom tier? What? His turret is devastating in the right places on defense and his actual offensive rivet gun is really strong.

Pub tier lists are very different from pro tier lists. The scourges of solo queue, Bastion, Torb and Mei, are all niche picks in the tournaments we've seen so far.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Good, I'm not crazy!

Didn't even think of this, thanks for the note! Can't wait to bump a fool off the map on Gibraltar. She's crazy fun to play as when things work out like that.

I use it a lot to bump snipers down from their camping points.

Pub tier lists are very different from pro tier lists. The scourges of solo queue, Bastion, Torb and Mei, are all niche picks in the tournaments we've seen so far.

You're underselling Bastion and Torb there. Bastion is picked with a fairly large amount of frequency on defensive points, especially ones where you don't need a Symmetra, and Torbjorn sees play sometimes on defense as well. Mei is pretty trash right now though competitively and usually even in the rare situation you see her she isn't very useful.

Those games when I manage TOO take full control as a Tracer, are the best. Just managed to annoy the enemy team so much, got a 20 elimination spree (and another 5 in the last push to win the game) and stayed alive for so long. Soooo good.

Nyx

I somehow have a 80% win rate with her.

I find the key is to use them as a distraction. You'll rarely land kills with them, but you can slow your opposition down effectively. Having an easily cleared room of death is rarely as effective for me as a field of awkwardly placed turrets lining a path.

I'll need to experiment more with awkwardly placed ones then. :)

I do plant them near me when I'm running from some scary Reaper f.e. and sometimes, even though I get killed, they get too by 1-2 of those placed-while-running turrets.

colinp

Banned
All of the sudden I'm having trouble getting disconnected from games because of 'inactivity' even though I'll get stuck with loading screens and never actually have a chance to BE active. Anyone have any idea what's wrong? This wasn't a problem yesterday. I'm trying the scan and repair thing with Battle.net but I'm not getting my hopes up as lots of other people say that hasn't helped.

GavinGT

Banned
I didn't know there was a stat-tracking site. Apparently I'm one of the top Roadhog players by nearly every metric. I'm top 10 in most stats on PC (and I'm playing with a controller).

KpbA887.png

Torb needs a slight nerf TBH. Maybe let snipers do a bit more damage to his turrets. It's garbage that it takes 3 pharah rockets to bring a level 2 turret down currently.

I think they need to nerf the tracking range on the turrets. Snipers should be a good counter, but the tracking on the turret is insane and will usually halve a sniper's HP when they try to pop a shot off.

Bottom tier? What? His turret is devastating in the right places on defense and his actual offensive rivet gun is really strong.
In competitive play, he's bottom tier with like freaking Mei.

He's only difficult to beat in unranked pub matches with poor team compositions. Otherwise, dude is easy as pie.

Orca

Just wow.

How does one best counter a team like this?

Depends what level and where they place the turrets. We lost one game when they kept using Widowmaker to snipe them down from distance and Reinhardt or Mei to negate the ones the sniper couldn't hit. Mei's ice wall is underutilized as a turret/ranged blocker - people focus on blocking out paths, but it blocks line of sight just as well.

Had hilarious games.

Hanamura : attack team roll 6 genji. It was crazy. Ninjas everywhere.

They didn't cap.

They roll defense. 6 dwarves. LoL.

They pinned us for a minute, then they crumbled and we steamrolled.

Daffy Duck

Watching my friends YT videos on this and he keeps calling the ultimates ulti, is that the community speak shorthand for ultimates now or is he just being a derp?

Sigh I'm so bad at aiming and tracking people with a m+kb I basically can't play anyone with precision shooting at all. My stubbornness to play all shooters with a controller has finally caught up to me. Like I even struggle lining up shots with Reaper if the person moves too much.

StayDead

Sigh I'm so bad at aiming and tracking people with a m+kb I basically can't play anyone with precision shooting at all. My stubbornness to play all shooters with a controller has finally caught up to me. Like I even struggle lining up shots with Reaper if the person moves too much.

You'll get there!

Matt Frost

Overwatch |OT2| Master overwatch only ranks based on playtime

Not really... #8 has 4 hours less than him and is higher on the list...

Practice makes perfection (or almost perfection), keep trying, you will get there. And the game is so much fun to play that you won't mind.

Ken

I've heard "ulti" and "ult/ults" used before, coming from League. The "tee" probably helps in hearing it maybe?

It's just practice man. Having a decent mouse and big mouse pad that isn't worn out and sticky helps.

You'll get there!

Not really... #8 has 4 hours less than him and is higher on the list...

Practice makes perfection (or almost perfection), keep trying, you will get there. And the game is so much fun to play that you won't mind.

I appreciate the vote of confidence. I have a decent mouse, but is pretty old almost eight years now. I seriously just don't have the muscle memory for it I imagine ill get there, but in the mean time its really bumming me out.

LiK

Shitty randoms who won't push for the objectives is really tiring. Yea, let's never go capture the point so we lose.

Gator86

I know understand the salt about the hit boxes for hanzos arrows.

If there's one character I could nerf into the ground, it would be him. The character feels like complete shit with the scatter arrow and ridiculous hitbox on his normal. I would nerf him over McCree's instant death combo any day of the week. At least McCree has to aim that shit.

Fliesen

I didn't know there was a stat-tracking site. Apparently I'm one of the top Roadhog players by nearly every metric. I'm top 10 in most stats on PC (and I'm playing with a controller).

KpbA887.png

same here. #11 Roadhog on PS4.

then i realized that the list only tracked a total of 54 roadhogs, so i guess that's not really anything special...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom