• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

No. I think I've been killed by her turrets like.. twice?

Smart placement makes a difference, though on some maps it can be hard to find a good spot.

I definitely like to play as her, the transporter can make a difference as well. And don't forget her shields for all team members.

So I bough the 11 loot crates, and didn't get any great skins out of it, but got a ton of the currency, so that in addition to the currency I already had got me enough to buy the Abominable skin for Mei, and still have currency left over.

Yay!

Man taking a loss in this game really bothers me.

It shouldn't tho! That's part of what's nice about the game. The heavy de-emphasis on stats and shit coupled with getting XP regardless means you can mostly focus on fun. Now, the only time I really get frustrated is when I'm on a healer and the team ignores enemies that are focusing the backline supports. That shit fucking sucks.

Schlep

Maybe you're the scrub

images
This killed me haha.

I feel like Reaper might be one of the most abused characters in this game. He is so effective as a flanker/ambush character, erasing the more squishy members of the other team. But 80% of the time I just see him being run into the enemies front line to go toe to toe with their tanks. Often using his wraith form to get there and thus eliminating any chance of escaping when things go south.

Dat feel when I was thinking "This should be the POTG" and then the game chooses me and everyone can see how badass I was lol

a guy and i stopped the payload in overtime and i killed like 3 guys standing next to it. Clearly a match winning moment and PotG but nnnnoope Roadhog shooting around not hitting ANYTHING and then in like the last second of the PotG he hits two with pure luck and gets it.

I was like come on blizzard XD also they have to count the support and healer class somehow. It shouldnt be just for kills to get PoTG.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So I bough the 11 loot crates, and didn't get any great skins out of it, but got a ton of the currency, so that in addition to the currency I already had got me enough to buy the Abominable skin for Mei, and still have currency left over.

Yay!

What no 11 dust/reaper decal? =)

I feel like Reaper might be one of the most abused characters in this game. He is so effective as a flanker/ambush character, erasing the more squishy members of the other team. But 80% of the time I just see him being run into the enemies front line to go toe to toe with their tanks. Often using his wraith form to get there and thus eliminating any chance of escaping when things go south.

There's no point to picking reaper (or really any dps) instead of McCree

Dalek

a guy and i stopped the payload in overtime and i killed like 3 guys standing next to it. Clearly a match winning moment and PotG but nnnnoope Roadhog shooting around not hitting ANYTHING and then in like the last second of the PotG he hits two with pure luck and gets it.

I was like come on blizzard XD also they have to count the support and healer class somehow. It shouldnt be just for kills to get PoTG.

I just had a match as Mercy where my team and I got stunned/killed as we were taking a point. I was stunned and had my Ultimate ready. The enemy was barreling down on me, I got up, fired my Ultimate and revived 4 teammates before I got killed. This caused us to win the match.

But of course the POTG was someone getting 3 kills on a turret.

Squire

Banned
Finally got comfortable with Pharah tonight. That boost/hover combo is everything. I think she's my third pillar after D.va and Mercy. I've played her twice as much as Mercy though, just from trying to acclimate to her.

Mercy seems to be the only way I can get on the commendation board.

So what is the best strategy or method for collecting XP the fastest?

Play a lot and play well. That's all there is to it.

You guys think they'll do double XP weekends?

Also, I hear competitive stuff is happening over the weekend? Anyone know anything about that?

Win your games, get a bunch of gold medals, and play consecutive matches?

I'm confused, I thought you maxed out at 150xp in medals no matter how many you get. Am I wrong?

This is why I ask, so much flashes on the screen within the menus, trying to get a better understanding!

I just had a match as Mercy where my team and I got stunned/killed as we were taking a point. I was stunned and had my Ultimate ready. The enemy was barreling down on me, I got up, fired my Ultimate and revived 4 teammates before I got killed. This caused us to win the match.

The POTG algorithms need serious looking at. I've done crazy game
Saving things as Lucio and never gotten a POTG.

I don't mind losing a game as long as we put up a fight. I do however loath when I got a widowmaker and two Hanzos on my defending team.
They charged ahead to face them head on and the other team just walked in and took the point in the first go.

Acerac

Banned
Smart placement makes a difference, though on some maps it can be hard to find a good spot.

I definitely like to play as her, the transporter can make a difference as well. And don't forget her shields for all team members.

I somehow have a 80% win rate with her.

I find the key is to use them as a distraction. You'll rarely land kills with them, but you can slow your opposition down effectively. Having an easily cleared room of death is rarely as effective for me as a field of awkwardly placed turrets lining a path.

I actually got a POTG as mercy and I was almost crying. I beat a D.Va out of mech on the way to revive 3-4 teammates at the payload I saved that shit cause that will never happen agian

IvanJ

Banned
I feel that getting PotG is completely random, except for one thing: If you kill me, you are 99% certain to get it.
And I swear, every time is some utterly embarassing death that I have to relive at the end of the match.

Other than that, am I correct to assume that it, and the voting afterwards, serve no tangible purpose?

Meia

There's no point to picking reaper (or really any dps) instead of McCree

McCree is a more bursty character that has to "rest" between bursts. Reaper just does all damage, all the time.

Going up to a full health Roadhog(600) and knocking him down to 100 health in 3 shots isn't something McCree can pull off. I'd also argue that Reaper's Ult, when used correctly, is much more devastating than high noon. Reaper just annihilates tanks by himself, while McCree has to stun, fan, roll, and fan again.

yes . Stuff like this hurts the most. You choose a class to help your team and it would be great if other players could see what you just did. Right now the system to choose the PotG is broken and penalyses people playing as support and healer.

Gryph

I'm confused, I thought you maxed out at 150xp in medals no matter how many you get. Am I wrong?

This is why I ask, so much flashes on the screen within the menus, trying to get a better understanding!

That is correct. You get the 150xp for gold.

So in order to get max XP it should look like this.

Base XP - Determined by how long the game was.
500 XP - If you win.
150 XP - Gold Medal
200 XP - Consecutive Game Bonus
20% Bonus for grouping with friends.

There's also 1500 XP for first win of the day.
And I think its 400 XP for back-filling a match...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom