• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

Just remember, everyone: Jeff Kaplan said we should all be good to each other.

Jeff Kaplan also wrote this back in his EQ days

Tigole Bitties said:
"Whoever came up with this sheer fisting of an encounter can go fuck themselves. Do me a favor so I don't waste my guild's time on this kind of jackass shit-fest again, send me an email at tigole@legacyofsteel.net when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn't designed by a retarded chimp chained to a cubicle A.)Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the fucking thing and D) Patch it live. And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you. Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your asses. While you're at it rename the game to BetaQuest since you've used up you're alotted false advertising karma on the Bazaar and user interface scam of '01.Fix the Emperor encounter. Fix Seru. Rethink your time-sink bullshit. Fix all the buggy motherfucking ring encounters (I suggest you let whoever made the Burrower one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking). Fix the VT key quest. Fix VT (just guessing it's fucked up considering your track record). Don't have the resources to fix this stuff? Move the ENTIRE Planes of Power team over to fixing Shadows of Luclin AND DO IT NOW. If you don't fix Luclin, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Planes of Power."

http://web.archive.org/web/20090608034937/http://www.legacyofsteel.net/oldsite/arc27.html

Does this look like the face of goodness to you?

Jeffrey_Kaplan.jpg

Parham

Banned
Man, you know people are desperate to kill time when they're complaining about a fuckin' OT title. Only 3.5 hours left.

Zomba13

I'm fine with the OT being a GoT reference (you know, Overwatch protect people, the Nights Watch protect people, GoT recently started up again) but the Onlywatch thing kills it for me. Like I didn't know what it meant until I read someone here googled it to find out what it was.

Should have maybe referenced the Nights Watch vows? Like "Overwatch |OT| Night gathers, and now my watch begins"? Then again what do I know, I don't do OTs and I barely ever even make a thread so I dunno about title character limits.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Anyone who played the beta at 1440p, can you share your specs and framerate?

Hoping I can maintain a constant 60 at max with an original Titan. Doubt it, but it's not a super looker, so maybe?

peakish

Hoping I can maintain a constant 60 at max with an original Titan. Doubt it, but it's not a super looker, so maybe?
I ran in 1440p i5-4670K, GTX660 at 60fps without drops. Lowered most settings and everything was fine.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

GTX780

I played the game and had forgotten that I still had my GTX down clocked/energy saving mode. Still hit 60fps on high @1440p

Launch day Q&A from FB

Starts around 7 minutes in. Jeff Kaplan answering questions.

-Competitive mode won't be in at launch they are aiming for end of June
-Seasons will be around two and a half months long with a two week break in between
-They are trying to redo the entire sudden death for competitive
-The Hero Cinematic is the end of "Season one" there will be more seasons for cinematics.
-Weekly Brawl will be a testing ground for game modes and things that may eventually make it to the standard game.
-There will eventually be a guild/clan system.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
-Seasons will be around two and a half months long with a two week break in between
-The Hero Cinematic is the end of "Season one" there will be more seasons for cinematics.
-Weekly Brawl will be a testing ground for game modes and things that may eventually make it to the standard game.

I love the idea of using weekly brawl to test new modes.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds good. Gives people time to learn the game and then let's jump into competitive mode

jaaz

Coming into this completely blind, didn't even play the beta. Bought it on PC. Is this clearly a KB+M game, a game controller game, or both (i.e., doesn't matter, both are viable)?

Terrorblot

Guild / Clan system, ooooooh. My interest is piqued. I hope it actually does something for a change, too many games these days say they are implementing a Guild / Clan system and it just ends up being the ability to add a prefix to your name and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom