• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So for people who played the beta on PC: what changes did you make to the keys that are used? Did you change anything for better/faster accessibility?

Xeteh

I got the reference, but I don't see how Overwatch relates to GoT at all. Personally I think it's one of the worst OT titles I've seen in a while. No offense to whoever came up with it.

The joke about Onlywatch was from earlier in the beta when they'd do invites and tons of people wouldn't get in, you couldn't play Overwatch you could Onlywatch etc.

I don't really care one way or the other about the title.

peakish

Wanting to add some people to play with but not gonna make people suffer to play with someone who doesn't have a mic

I guess what I'm asking is, does somebody know a good wireless mic to recommend? Not feeling like getting more wires on my desk.

So for people who played the beta on PC: what changes did you make to the keys that are used? Did you change anything for better/faster accessibility?
ESDF

Zomba13

The thing is, you are still on the opponent's screen for the same amount of time with low OR high tick rate so saying "I wouldn't of gotten hit if the tick rate is higher" is BS. With a low tick rate (frequency of position being updated by server) it would APPEAR you are behind cover when you get sniped. The higher the tick rate, the more likely where you are on your screen is where opponents perceive you to be.

But I didn't say that. I said it would appear to you that you were safe and wouldn't die. That is one of the issues, it leads to feelings of cheap deaths or ults not going off because while on your end you looked safe or you threw that tracer bomb/hit your rewind, to the server you didn't. If the tick rate was higher you wouldn't see that on your end, you wouldn't think you were safe or you wouldn't see your ult go off and then have it whiff because the server said no.

I'm asking an honest question. If you have an answer, give one. Don't mock.

But you get to have your snarky, mocking answers.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I got the reference, but I don't see how Overwatch relates to GoT at all. Personally I think it's one of the worst OT titles I've seen in a while. No offense to whoever came up with it.

They're not supposed to relate to each other, it's just a play on words. I'm sorry some people don't like it, but I thought it was a fun title given the current GoT season, and enough people have said they like it in this thread that I'm happy with it.

There will be future OTs for different titles.

Haines

Banned
I see people saying a gameplay aspect t is counter picking heroes

So basically I just need to learn what heroes counter each other and try to switch on death to a hard counter of what dude is beating us up?

Mugenjin

Tracer ultimate to RMB. I can't think of any other right now. If only we could check in game right now...

Crosseyes

Banned
Lmao I'm so reminded of earlier how people were complaining about waifu talk and thinking wheres the more technical game or meta stuff? Congrats you got what you wanted lol, it devolved into people getting nasty about how good they are that those few milliseconds could've prevented their death like all the time!

Anyone know how loot boxes will come in the main game? Like open beta when it was one per level or will there be other free ways?

-MD-

They're not supposed to relate to each other, it's just a play on words. I'm sorry some people don't like it, but I thought it was a fun title given the current GoT season, and enough people have said they like it in this thread that I'm happy with it.

There will be future OTs for different titles.

Apology not accepted.

I have a mouse with six side buttons so I mapped the abilities to those. I'm not the fastest or most precise on WASD controls so it helped a lot.

Those who preordered the digital PS4 version, have you gotten the extra stuff for the other Blizzard games yet? Are they just going to email us codes, or what?

Line_HTX

So, I didn't really look at anything nor tried it during Beta, and I'm wondering what is a good playstyle to try first just to familiarize with the mechanics quickly?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, I didn't really look at anything nor tried it during Beta, and I'm wondering what is a good playstyle to try first just to familiarize with the mechanics quickly?

One for each type:

Soldier 76
Bastion
Reinhardt
Mercy

A new NVidia driver is out 362.22:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/102997/en-us

Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver.
As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Overwatch, World of Tanks, and War Thunder

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have played shooters over the Internet for over 20 years. Have you ever tried to play the original Unreal Tournament across the Atlantic using a 56K modem? I have. Don't talk to me about "bullshit deaths" in 2016 with your 50ms RTTs and 0% packet loss.

I have actually, so what you're saying is we shouldn't expect a decent tick rate now because things were much worse in the past? Like we should just be grateful it's not the 90s anymore? I can't agree with that. 20 tick is too low and it needs to be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom