• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming into this completely blind, didn't even play the beta. Bought it on PC. Is this clearly a KB+M game, a game controller game, or both?

There's no aim assist for controllers on PC like a lot of other modern FPS games have, so I found it completely unplayable with a controller.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
-Competitive mode won't be in at launch they are aiming for end of June
-Seasons will be around two and a half months long with a two week break in between
-They are trying to redo the entire sudden death for competitive
-The Hero Cinematic is the end of "Season one" there will be more seasons for cinematics.
-Weekly Brawl will be a testing ground for game modes and things that may eventually make it to the standard game.
-There will eventually be a guild/clan system.

Really looking forward to the Guild/clan system. Used to love that in halo 2.

HariKari

Coming into this completely blind, didn't even play the beta. Bought it on PC. Is this clearly a KB+M game, a game controller game, or both (i.e., doesn't matter, both are viable)?

It's an FPS on PC. There's some heroes you could probably get away with using a controller with, but you're really going to want the KB+M 90% of the time.

Terrorblot

Coming into this completely blind, didn't even play the beta. Bought it on PC. Is this clearly a KB+M game, a game controller game, or both (i.e., doesn't matter, both are viable)?

Definitely a M&K kind of game, although there are a few characters you might be able to get away with on Gamepad.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I never got the love for Tracer's ass it's so.... average? Even a little below with a tiny bit of roundness.

It's just kinda there.

symmetra and widow actually have asses

Mei best girl, genji best dude

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
My stupid amazon preorder hasn't even dispatched yet. Jesus christ and i preordered weeks ago FFS (UK Here)

Wanderer5

-Competitive mode won't be in at launch they are aiming for end of June
-Seasons will be around two and a half months long with a two week break in between
-They are trying to redo the entire sudden death for competitive
-The Hero Cinematic is the end of "Season one" there will be more seasons for cinematics.
-Weekly Brawl will be a testing ground for game modes and things that may eventually make it to the standard game.
-There will eventually be a guild/clan system.

There a sudden death?

Also sweet, a guild/clan system later on least.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My stupid amazon preorder hasn't even dispatched yet. Jesus christ and i preordered weeks ago FFS (UK Here)

I've seen Amazon fail with pre-orders a lot recently for multiple games, I wouldn't trust them in the future.

Ramirez

I'm glad we won't have to wait long for Ranked, did they mention if duplicate characters will be off the table in Ranked? (I hope!?)

If you bought this on PC you're probably better off playing on KBM
Do we already know some of these differences right now?
Aim assist when trying to hit Symmetra turrets, for example.

What we really need to figure out is the dick rate.
Dick rate (measured in wangs per minute, or WPM) is equal to the number of Reapers (r) and Widowmakers (w) complaining that there aren't enough people playing tanks or support without switching themselves, divided by the time left in the round (t). If there are multiple of the same class complaining, this effect is magnified.

So, dick rate can be expressed as:
WPM = ((r^r-1)+(w^w-1)) / (t)

A bunch of heroes are easier to play with a M+K for sure if you have the experience, as it's a FPS on PC, however the controller does work well and I believe you can customize the controller layout for any individual character. A lot of people will say it's unplayable with a controller but if you grew up playing nothing but consoles you can still do well with a good team. I've personally used a controller for all heroes and played really well. It's very subjective and down to what's comfortable for you. But yeah, people will be really accurate when it comes to the sniping / shooter heroes and you might feel the disadvantage there.

Same here.. getting nervous, I wonder of the amazon edition (badge etc) will fit through the letterbox..

Any of you wanna talk to amazon support? I'm getting worried as well as I already cancelled another preorder for this from elsewhere because it wouldn't get to me at launch day :/

Shifty

oa2knd9.jpg

59 pages later and I can't find myself on there.

It's fine though.

PqAjx0Y.png

'cause I'm a one-man hype train. LEZ GO.

Haines

Banned
Am I crazy for thinking the PC and console thread communities should be seperate? They are balanced differently, no?

Actually. This makes a ton of sense. But people who know about overwatch more than me could think the differences arent big enough.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I've seen Amazon fail with pre-orders a lot recently for multiple games, I wouldn't trust them in the future.

for Big games amazon always fail for me, but smaller titles always come a day or two early. Guess it confirms it now.

Same here.. getting nervous, I wonder of the amazon edition (badge etc) will fit through the letterbox..

Getting the same edition as you, glad I'm not the only one. And I'm sure the badges will easily fit in with there thin packaging they use.

Any of you wanna talk to amazon support? I'm getting worried as well as I already cancelled another preorder for this from elsewhere because it wouldn't get to me at launch day :/

Could still be hope that it gets dispatched at midnight and arrive tomorrow, had it happen before but thankfully i can wait atleast, still need to finish dark souls 3

FrsDvl

I added myself to the Battle.net list, if anyone wants to add me my ID is: FrsDvl#1828

I have no friends on there currently, so i need some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom