• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Gained 150 SR today all solo-q, amazing what can be accomplished with communication and people willing to switch roles.

Had a match on Oasis, 6 randoms vs. 6 randoms, surprisingly our whole team was on mic.

First 2 rounds we got fucking stomped, and after the second round I asked if anyone wanted to switch roles or characters. We switched it up and went with a 4 DPS, 1 tank, 1 healer comp and won 3 rounds in a row.

The other team started scrambling like crazy to adjust to us but had a Junkrat-Hanzo duo that never switched.

LiK

Our 3-stack tonight ain't going well. These randoms die so damn fast in every team fight.

Edit: yep, I'm done. Games were frustrating cuz people can't win team fights.

Owzers

Our 3-stack tonight ain't going well. These randoms die so damn fast in every team fight.

Edit: yep, I'm done. Games were frustrating cuz people can't win team fights.

So many losses in a row at the end, kinda demoralizing. I'm going to soloq some mercy maining tonight for a game until I get my main status back.

I saw you guys on and was gonna stop playing yakuza to join but then a dominatrix asked for my help and I couldn't say no to that.

It's hard to stop playing good games to go back to OW.

So many losses in a row at the end, kinda demoralizing. I'm going to soloq some mercy maining tonight for a game until I get my main status back.

:(

Now I see why everyone else quit this game. And we didn't even have many troll picks or throwers to blame, just a slow trudge through loss city. :/

LiK

I saw you guys on and was gonna stop playing yakuza to join but then a dominatrix asked for my help and I couldn't say no to that.

It's hard to stop playing good games to go back to OW.

:(

Would've been nice to have you on. Needed your Lucio or DPS. I would've liked a 4 stack over 3 cuz some of these randoms dunno how to stick with the team.

The only good thing was no one was toxic on comms in every game we played. Even the randoms in losses didn't tilt on mic.

After all the wins and mostly losses, only lost about 70SR. Climbing back to Diamond is such a chore.

Owzers

First soloq redemption game: multiple throwers. Route 66 attack with Torb, sym, Sombra, hanzo. Why not? I went Lucio but I knew the result.

X5XWyMQ.png

Made some progress on this account. Last game we had a Reaper who threw and rage quit. Whatever. Gained 80 SR today.

GIT GUD

OW is truly the Dark Souls of online FPS.

Would've been nice to have you on. Needed your Lucio or DPS. I would've liked a 4 stack over 3 cuz some of these randoms dunno how to stick with the team.

The only good thing was no one was toxic on comms in every game we played. Even the randoms in losses didn't tilt on mic.

After all the wins and mostly losses, only lost about 70SR. Climbing back to Diamond is such a chore.

Yeah it sucks when you have to start a fight with a man down, people always end up overextending :\

First soloq redemption game: multiple throwers.

On your team or the other?

Saw the edit, you should've gone widow, that loss was on you.

randome

Gained 150 SR today all solo-q, amazing what can be accomplished with communication and people willing to switch roles.

Had a match on Oasis, 6 randoms vs. 6 randoms, surprisingly our whole team was on mic.

Whoa, nice man! Whenever I have good solo q days the overwatch gods give me a losing streak the next time I try. So be careful for that haha.

Yeah it sucks when you have to start a fight with a man down, people always end up overextending
Even worse when we start up 2 or even 3 and still somehow lose the fight. Baffling. When are people going to realise that minimizing your own deaths and amount of damage taken is 100% more effective than trying to maximise kills.

When a dominatrix asks you, the Dragon of Dojima, for help, you say YES. (Or was that Majima?)

Kiryu.

This game xD

Even worse when we start up 2 or even 3 and still somehow lose the fight. Baffling. When are people going to realise that minimizing your own deaths and amount of damage taken is 100% more effective than trying to maximise kills.

There's not much that can be done if the team can't win a fight like that, it's very demoralizing.

Kiryu.

This game xD

There's not much that can be done if the team can't win a fight like that, it's very demoralizing.

That was such a good sub-story. That game makes me love Yakuza so much, especially seeing Majima as a real person rather than a comic relief foil. I'm pretty excited for the remake of the first game.

Owzers

3-9 tonight overall, almost landed the reverse sweep to end on a win but we couldn't finish rounds. Kinda blah about overwatching, the bad reses have taken a toll.

3-9 tonight overall, almost landed the reverse sweep to end on a win but we couldn't finish rounds. Kinda blah about overwatching, the bad reses have taken a toll.

Don't burn yourself out.

Think of Doomfist and how cool it will be when others instalock him on comp!

HMD

Is it bad that I go solo queue mercy whenever I go on a loss streak and need to get my SR back? She gets so much SR per win it's hard to pass up. Also if you wanna climb never play Symmetra she will absolutely shit on your SR gains for some reason.

MCD

Watching this Seagull dude telling others to git gud while he is being pocketed by Mercy is funny lol

Moonkid

I'm pretty lax with keeping team chat on but the past couple games had me rolling my eyes. Duo complains about platinums and dps picks when they run a Hanzo that never switched. Never played so many comp games in a row with Widows on both teams as well. Gaf's bad luck must be rubbing onto me! Or maybe I just had all my good games early in the season 😡

_Legacy_

Got my smurf up to platinum after neglecting the account for a few weeks. Teamed up with two kids from Saudi Arabia who were also using smurfs, we rolled over every team we faced. One of them was deadly with McCree, to a point which I don't think I've seen before (bar pro scene) his accuracy was near kbm level.

Felt good to play low pressure games for the night, had some bad luck the other day in a 6 stack and lost several. It just wasn't clicking for us unfortunately but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Not by the way it ended :(((((

Last assault maps are basically Kariv vs Unkoe. Great stuff.

Even with Immortals as my favorite team I couldn't do anything but be astonished at the incredible Overwatch I got to witness.
Contenders season 0 will be a lot of fun.

Here's a good blog post by LG Evil and US World Cup team DPS player Jake on what makes a good meta. You should check out his other posts on his blog as well, I have found them very interesting and well written.

I could start Persona 4 vita but Rime is on its way from gamefly.

I'm ashamed that you own Person 4 yet somehow haven't started it yet.

Top Bottom