• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Salarians

Doomfist Legendaries

DEkhCeSUIAImNx-.jpg:large
robot nipples

It's cool, sorry if that came off a bit much. Just wanted to point out it's been a thing for awhile and so far it's been mostly a win-win. Only thing that's gotten a bit silly about it is the usual Valve dealings. Other companies don't delve into it that far.

I'm a big fan of the more recent SKT skins Riot did. I want some shit like that in OW if we go this route.

No worries your reply was fine.

If mine came off as snarky it wasn't intended.
I'm cool with wutever they do as long as it keeps the community together and the game thriving.

Veelk

Banned
I'm surprised they haven't made changes to his charge attack other than changing the distance.

The main things I want to see are that it gets caught in Junkrat's trap (mainly because the poor little guy doesn't need any more counters against him), Zarya's should get charge off the damage they take hitting the wall when bubbled, and charging into a Reinhardt Charge should result in both of the characters being stunned (like when two Reins hit each other).

Blues1990

Do you remember when you shit talked me and blamed me inhouse? I have it recorded. You didn't play well and didn't coordinate anything vs people who are 3500sr+. Then you tilted, called me out specifically in team chat in a CUSTOM GAME, and then shat on the inhouse players here and calling them shit and whatever.

Then you show up again and tell people who were in-game AND responded to you that they are still playing and are willing to queue up with you that they were "shooting the shit".

Do you want the screen caps of the chat where you responded with "........" "I am frustrated" and you ignored Spongebob and Pizza when they replied back. So don't talk about being a jerk please.

I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't acting like a frustrated asshole during those bouts. *shrug*

Gorillaz

My boy doom bout to look real funny by the time he comes out of ptr. Seagull might cry if they keep messing with his maneuverability. His back tat of mf doomfist finally stopped hurting too .
niggas wildin' in here

we really are fgc now
snoop.png
Real talk FGC is as big as it is because of fuckery they don't actually like playing fighting games it's all for show. You dont last this long going this strong as a community because you liked street fighter and tekken lol

With the new PTR patch you cannot reach ledges using Seismic Slam. Kinda blows.

Wow. Koreans used him defensively though. They used him with triple tank and to take Winston out of his bubble. We originally thought DF was a full dive hero that can go in, and that he has many escape variations of his cooldowns. But his cooldowns are his main source of damage, so you have to preserve uppercut E to get out.

I guess uppercut E is nerfed. He has less verticality now. Not a Genji replacement as people thought him would be.

exYle

I'm surprised they haven't made changes to his charge attack other than changing the distance.

The main things I want to see are that it gets caught in Junkrat's trap (mainly because the poor little guy doesn't need any more counters against him), Zarya's should get charge off the damage they take hitting the wall when bubbled, and charging into a Reinhardt Charge should result in both of the characters being stunned (like when two Reins hit each other).

I agree with these, except charging a charging Rein should get you pinned. Genji can't dash through a charging Rein, neither should Doomy.

Blues1990

Wow. Koreans used him defensively though. They used him with triple tank and to take Winston out of his bubble. We originally thought DF was a full dive hero that can go in, and that he has many escape variations of his cooldowns. But his cooldowns are his main source of damage, so you have to preserve uppercut E to get out.

I guess uppercut E is nerfed. He has less verticality now. Not a Genji replacement as people thought him would be.

I, for one, am glad that we were able to give this monster a whirl & discover these things (so they can make the appropriate changes) before he goes live.

For example, I just discovered that he can contest the point while he's ulting. That's bloody stupid, as even Pharah has to be in reasonably close if she's contesting it alone.

Owzers

Doomfist's movement looked ridiculous in the initial ptr so changes aren't going to keep me from maining, it will bring him down to my level.

I agree with these, except charging a charging Rein should get you pinned. Genji can't dash through a charging Rein, neither should Doomy.

Genji is a cyborg ninja who weighs 100lbs when he's wet, going against someone who wears HEAVY armor and is boosted by rocket power... vs doomfist who wears a weapon of mass destruction on one of his arms that has been quoted to "level skyscrapers with one punch". I can see why Rein wouldn't pin someone like that.

Plesiades

I think that they moved the 'Slam UI' further back, requiring you to see more of a platform to jump into it. To be fair, it's not THAT bad, but the original behavior was really neat. You'll probably need to take more steps to reach certain places now.

All of this makes me wonder if the legacy map geometry informs the creation of new characters: "We can't make Doomfist jump too high or he totally breaks this section of map X".

Genji is a cyborg ninja who weighs 100lbs when he's wet, going against someone who wears HEAVY armor and is boosted by rocket power... vs doomfist who wears a weapon of mass destruction on one of his arms that has been quoted to "level skyscrapers with one punch". I can see why Rein wouldn't pin someone like that.

Rein should pin anything including planets and your IRL peripherals. They should just give him a vertical dash and a weaker bubble shield option to toggle instead of Rektangle.

We will have another space-controlling monster that will break the game.

Blues1990

This is also the same video game where a hefty mutant can pull a 2000 pound mech out of the sky with his chain hook.

I'm honestly fine if some heroes can become immune to Reinhardt's charge.

Doomfist Legendaries

I had a quick look, and I like the Sunset recolour. His two epic skins (Cheeta and [Painted) look pretty awesome, as well.

However, I really want to know about the source for the Avatar/Spirit Legendary he has, as it looks pretty bad ass.

Nazo

I'm not liking Doomfist's legendaries. I do like the Painted Epic Skin tho.

I feel like the nerf to his mobility was needed honestly. I remember watching Seagull on the second day of Doomfist being out and Seagull had managed to get to the ground floor of Eichenwald (after you take the checkpoint on the other side of the gate) to the top of the tower by uppercutting then leaping. Which is was absolutely INSANE.

I'm maining this character so hard you don't even know.

Veelk

Banned
I just think it's cooler to have two characters coming at each other and both thinking "oh fuuuuuuuuck" instead of just Reinhardt. And also, Doomfist kinda deletes Reinhardt as he is now, so giving him this one perk isn't asking too much imo.

exYle

Zen trips a bear trap even though he floats.

Lore/real life rules < gameplay

A 4 second cooldown should not supercede a 10 second one

Gorillaz

Fake Out emote with that laugh with it for Doom is an automatic buy

Glad I know what my emote is for team kills

edit: One Punch is my highlight intro too whew

Doomfist Legendaries

DEkhCeTVYAAHTIk.jpg

all of these are very meh, but this one is the least meh of the bunch. Maybe I'll get that one.

Honestly? I'd really rather they left his skin tone alone. I don't need green and steel variants and outside of a few Halloween and a couple of anniversary skins, most human characters don't have any skin color variation. Islander Roadhog is the only non-event skin I can think of. Yet we already have "magma red" Doomfist, "lime green" Doomfist, "ice blue" Doomfist and "chrome" Doomfist. Why?

Just give me this black man with some dope outfits. His Epic skins look objectively superior to me. How'd that happen?

note: I never liked Lucio's frog skin for the same reason. Whole body skin that covers up his entire identity are off-putting to me.

Fugu

Could you stop please?
I don't want to drag this shit up again but there's actually a lot of us that are frustrated that this thread has been co-opted by a small minority of very active posters (...that have many of us on ignore *cough*) and that its value for GAF at large has decreased measurably as a result.

I know I'd post here a lot more if I stopped getting flamed for giving legitimate and credible advice.

Blues1990

I was able to give Doomfist a whril on the PTR, and while I need to get used to him, he's definitely much more fun to play with the changes.

I don't want to drag this shit up again but there's actually a lot of us that are frustrated that this thread has been co-opted by a small minority of very active posters (...that have many of us on ignore *cough*) and that its value for GAF at large has decreased measurably as a result.

I know I'd post here a lot more if I stopped getting flamed for giving legitimate and credible advice.

Post or don't, it's up to you, man. I'm here for whatever the game has in-store and discuss with others. *shrug*

I understand, and truly appreciate advice from the high-level SR players here, but personal attacks should always be off-limits, especially mocking ones about a player's abilities, SR, or choice of platform. That line has been crossed a few times in the last weeks.

I really like the discussions here between higher and lower SR, because the two levels can be very different, so I'm sorry if you felt you were being flamed. I saw value in them before everything got tilty.

Fugu

I understand, and truly appreciate advice from the high-level SR players here, but personal attacks should always be off-limits, especially mocking ones about a player's abilities, SR, or choice of platform. That line has been crossed a few times in the last weeks.

I really like the discussions here between higher and lower SR, because the two levels can be very different, so I'm sorry if you felt you were being flamed. I saw value in them before everything got tilty.
Why is it okay when certain players get flamed but then all of a sudden it's unacceptable when the shoe's on the other foot?

It's a double standard that is entirely being pointed in the wrong direction since the people being pushed out of the thread are the people who are actually trying to help.

Why is it okay when certain players get flamed but then all of a sudden it's unacceptable when the shoe's on the other foot?

It's a double standard that is entirely being pointed in the wrong direction since the people being pushed out of the thread are the people who are actually trying to help.

Because people disagreeing with you isn't flaming. Personal attacks, like what you did with LiK, are. Like what happened today. That wasn't LiK who was flaming. That was LiK being attacked over a misunderstanding (and a whole shit-load of building resentment, apparently).

Look, I really don't know how this board should function. I like the social aspect of it, but apparently others don't. So what's the answer here? Is this a social board for people who play OW? Is it a place for serious players to discuss high-level stuff? Seriously, I'm fairly new here and to Gaf, so I don't know.

I do know personal attacks are not okay. You will not convince me I'm wrong about that.

Plesiades

PTR Patch Notes
They totally nerfed Doomfist's mobility, but hey, Zarya buff!
Doomfist
Rocket Punch
Total distance traveled reduced by about 20% (This change has been on the PTR for a little while now)

Seismic Slam

Added a new UI indicator to show how much damage it will deal, and how much it dealt. Previously this was only indicated by the default crosshair filling in, but this is only visible when using the default crosshair. The new indicator should always be visible, regardless of any crosshair changes. Also, targeting this ability while in the air is now restricted to locations lower than your current height.

McCree
Flashbang
Now slows targets significantly when they are stunned. This makes them less likely to slide away around a corner or something similar once they are stunned.

Reaper
Shadow Step
VO and SFX distance dramatically reduced.

Reinhardt
Hammer
Swing speed increased by ~10%. On top of the swing speed increase, we've gone through and tweaked many timings and other things about the Hammer to make it more responsive. Overall it should feel a lot better to swing and make contact with enemies.

Charge
Impacting another charging hero (Doomfist or Reinhardt) no longer deals damage to both characters, but still causes a knockdown on both.

Zarya
Graviton Surge
Now disables all movement abilities of affect targets. This is similar to how Junkrat's trap affects abilities.

LiK

Because people disagreeing with you isn't flaming. Personal attacks, like what you did with LiK, are. Like what happened today. That wasn't LiK who was flaming. That was LiK being attacked over a misunderstanding (and a whole shit-load of building resentment, apparently).

Look, I really don't know how this board should function. I like the social aspect of it, but apparently others don't. So what's the answer here? Is this a social board for people who play OW? Is it a place for serious players to discuss high-level stuff? Seriously, I'm fairly new here and to Gaf, so I don't know.

I do know personal attacks are not okay. You will not convince me I'm wrong about that.

Thank you. I simply post my opinions about the game and that's it. If they don't like it, they don't need to engage with me. I put them on ignore cuz of how hostile they become. Not worth my time.

Veelk

Banned
Zarya
Graviton Surge
Now disables all movement abilities of affect targets. This is similar to how Junkrat's trap affects abilities.

So people basically have no defense against this? Um.....I get that people have kinda caught onto Zarya's thing and now she's easier to avoid/escape from, but it was far from ineffective as it was...

Edit: Also, is this for targets that are in the center of the graviton, or can people still escape if they're in the middle of being pulled in?

So people basically have no defense against this? Um.....I get that people have kinda caught onto Zarya's thing and now she's easier to avoid/escape from, but it was far from ineffective as it was...

Edit: Also, is this for targets that are in the center of the graviton, or can people still escape if they're in the middle of being pulled in?

Mercy can stil rez out of it. but yeah pretty much lol.

Blues1990

On the contrary, Orisa can use her Fortify ability to walk out of it.

Chance

Seriously. It was already the best set up ult in the game - wtf? Most heroes couldn't escape it anyway!

Top Bottom