• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

MartyStu

Between Doomfist being a hard counter to D.Va and these patches that put her in danger, I'm concerned that Blizzard is trying to remove the best character in the game out of the meta.

Defense Matrix was not nerfed. She will be fine.

It's kind of crazy that they keep looking at tanks and offense characters and the like while neglecting how niche the defense heroes are pretty much across the board

The defense category--and Symmetra--were mistakes. Some of the least fun mechanics are from there: Mei freeze, Scatter Arrow, Bastion, Torb Turret.

Veelk

Banned
how is doom a d va counter

If he targets her, there's not much she can do about him. Her DM cannot block punches.

Of course, this is just what I've been hearing from other people hwo played the PTR. Filthy console peasants like myself do not get to touch the glory of Doomfist until he's released properly.

exYle

Sombra is Support
Symm is Defense

People shouldn't shy away from picking another healer if Symm is picked.

I know Blizzard are being doubly stubborn about A) insisting the hero classes don't mean I anything past intermediate play (which is fair) and B) keeping Sym in Support, but hell, Sombra should really be in support. Most of her abilities are utility and she facilitates pretty consistent healing - and she probably has around the same kill potential as Sym.

Nimby

Banned
Stop buffing completely fine heroes. They are literally doing what Jeff said they wanted to refrain from. Zarya and McCree get shat on by dive, so make dive less dominant. Dial back Winston bubble and Matrix. Like holy fuck.

Playing without warming up is rough, that Gibraltar game felt awful.

And it looks like I stole the spot from Elza :\

Sorry about that. At least you didn't have to see Owzers feed, there's a bright side.

Never, maybe if you carried us that last game I'd consider it.

Our Mercy was terrible.

Shame my mic isn't working, I wanted to tell that you could stay with me when the winston jumped on you because I was always dropping my healing station

Nimby

Banned
Zarya buff doesn't really matter if you consider:

1. Defense Matrix
2. The biggest counter to grav is just playing spread out, which dive comps usually are in a sense. You know when one is coming, bait it out or give her no opportunity.

I think a better to have given her would be reverting her charge from 40 per bubble to 50. Zarya's bubbles have been toned down significantly over multiple patches. But whatever, the smartest move IMO would be to wait until Doomfist is out for a bit, and if dive is still dominant (it probably would be, but as a precaution) then nerf Winston and/or D.Va. Zarya and McCree would resurface, and so would many others if dive wasn't dominant.

About D.Va, perhaps Doomfist and new Zarya could bring her down. But I don't see how it stops dive altogether, both those heroes have decent abilities that synergize with dive as well. Like Sombra, who in theory would shit all over dive but she gets so much advantage from the chaos too.

Blues1990

1. Defense Matrix
2. The biggest counter to grav is just playing spread out, which dive comps usually are in a sense. You know when one is coming, bait it out or give her no opportunity.

I think a better to have given her would be reverting her charge from 40 per bubble to 50. Zarya's bubbles have been toned down significantly over multiple patches. But whatever, the smartest move IMO would be to wait until Doomfist is out for a bit, and if dive is still dominant (it probably would be, but as a precaution) then nerf Winston and/or D.Va. Zarya and McCree would resurface, and so would many others if dive wasn't dominant.

About D.Va, perhaps Doomfist and new Zarya could bring her down. But I don't see how it stops dive altogether, both those heroes have decent abilities that synergize with dive as well. Like Sombra, who in theory would shit all over dive but she gets so much advantage from the chaos too.

With regards to Zarya's ult, I now try to be creative where I launch it, so that D.Va's mech won't neutralize it. (Say, I'll launch it under a bridge where most of the enemy team is).

Blues1990

I play lots of Mercy. Good Mercy players do not get grav'd.

This is true. Unless if it's a freak accident, I rarely get a Mercy into Graviton Surge.

Yeah this buff makes Mercy OTs even worse

gg blizzard

Pretty much.

2Bzcb5T.png

Veelk

Banned
Yeah this buff makes Mercy OTs even worse

gg blizzard

I wouldn't worry too much. Blizzard already said they're going to change mercy somehow. We'll see how later and then probably bitch about it, but for now, there's no need to bitch pre-emptively.

1. Defense Matrix

Yep, this is an underrated response. Blizz loves to buff characters before new characters have even found a place (Bastion buff in anticipation of Orisa, for example). I don't know enough about competitive online shooters to know if they're messing up or not, but if feels like they're flailing in anticipation of a response from the community, instead of letting things play out and making the proper adjustments.

Hahahaha

Mercy is hiding anyway

Good luck in the next game!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I play lots of Mercy. Good Mercy players do not get grav'd.

There are plenty of bad mercys around, someone will get caught!

Speaking seriously now, I usually don't go after big gravs, 2-3 are enough to win the fight and I always aim for the supports. It's heartbreaking to see the mercy just flying away from it like it's nothing.

This Zarya buff almost makes me forgive them for Roadhog. Almost.

They are thinking of buffing Hog defenses, whatever that means.

Hopefully it won't be something like "Here, have some armor, you're good to go now".

Seems pretty clear we won't go back to OHK, but at least I wish they would reduce the hook cooldown.

This asshole solidier literally threw the game, and started screaming into the mic mocking my call outs.

I can't stand this. I've only won one game today.

Blues1990

Sombra vs. Zen is another good example. It's hard, but after a while you stop getting caught in EMPs just because of positioning.

I honestly haven't played against a Sombra (as Zenyatta), as she is pretty rare to fight against in competitive. (For me, at least.)

LOL SEAGULL IS SO ANTI-TOXIC THAT HIS TEAMMATES GET TOXIC FOR HIM

He isn't perfect, though. There are the rare times when he can get pretty angry.

He's only human. Or a bird, in his case.

Ramirez

I hate when you hold the first point, so your team gets cocky/stupid and picks silly shit like Symm/Torb/Widow on attack and you almost lose an easy win.

Since I climbed back into Masters, the quality of games has been so much better than Diamond.

They are thinking of buffing Hog defenses, whatever that means.

Hopefully it won't be something like "Here, have some armor, you're good to go now".

Seems pretty clear we won't go back to OHK, but at least I wish they would reduce the hook cooldown.
Give him more HP.

I hate when you hold the first point, so your team gets cocky/stupid and picks silly shit like Symm/Torb/Widow on attack and you almost lose an easy win.
Are you me? Except my team usually loses.

Blues1990

Because people have been complaining about how loud and obvious Reaper was since the start of the game?

I've been messing around with the new change and it's.... Still the same? He still yells "Death comes!" & "Re-positioning." when I use Shadow Step.

Nimby

Banned
I still think this games audio is bugged. I couldn't even hear this Reaper's footsteps in the killcam.

I've been messing around with the new change and it's.... Still the same? He still yells "Death comes!" & "Re-positioning." when I use Shadow Step.

You won't be able to hear the opposing Reaper at longer distances anymore. If he's like right next to you or something it doesn't change anything.

Veelk

Banned

That's because you're going to be in your own proximity.

They lowered the distance that sound travels. So if you do it far away from the enemy team, they won't hear it.

It's not how loud it is to you as Reaper, it's how far away the enemy can hear it. And that is reduced, like Sombra a while ago. This will help him a little.

Blues1990

It's not how loud it is to you as Reaper, it's how far away the enemy can hear it. And that is reduced, like Sombra a while ago. This will help him a little.

Ah, I see. That would explain why people were shocked to see me so often, despite the volume of his voice lines still being the same.

The grind to unlock Competitive is giving me a nasty burnout. I'm 1.5 levels away from it, and I am getting so tired of doing the same types of match every day that I wonder if this is still fun at all.

I'm probably leaving the game once I reach 25 (just to feel like I actually achieved something), and coming back from time to time or when there's an event... But right now I am so tired after weeks of training on QP and arcade. Yesterday I disabled skirmish and in the end I was playing with the 3DS while it took it's damn time to find matches.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I really don't like that Zarya buff, Gravitron is already insanely good. They just need to nerf defense matrix and Winston shield cooldown, that would make Zarya better automatically.

Moonkid

I feel dirty - I didn't stop playing after like a 5-lose streak and by the end I convinced myself that I'm helping because I have gold elims x_x

I don't think the Zarya change is that big nor will it really fix dive, but McCree change might. Hmm.

We've been wrong about character changes before, need to see in live.

Ramirez

I haven't played Roadhog in a month and I'm still ranked #800 for him this comp season. Pour one out for my favorite hero. RIP

Blues1990

I mean, it's perfume on a pig. That ability is garbage-tier, so every little bit helps, but I don't see it making a huge difference in the long run.

Good point, and well made.

The grind to unlock Competitive is giving me a nasty burnout. I'm 1.5 levels away from it, and I am getting so tired of doing the same types of match every day that I wonder if this is still fun at all.

I'm probably leaving the game once I reach 25 (just to feel like I actually achieved something), and coming back from time to time or when there's an event... But right now I am so tired after weeks of training on QP and arcade. Yesterday I disabled skirmish and in the end I was playing with the 3DS while it took it's damn time to find matches.

I get that you wanted to play competitive and all, but there really isn't any need to burn yourself out so quickly.

Top Bottom