• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Anne

Did you return for placements?

I've been derusting a bit on smurfs. It's pretty messed up honestly, especially considering how this game works. It's way too easy to blame your teammates for things that aren't even on them.

Blizzard deserve an award and several case studies on how to create the most toxic online game out there. Like I'm not even joking, developers should study this game to learn what not to do about toxicity.

Veelk

Banned
I like that too.

My main complaint with Orisa is her lack of mobility, so I was trying to correct that. I thought it would be interesting if her Ult was actually a better version of Rein's charge.

I don't disagree with that.

If her ult is going to Fortify the team, then maybe her default fortify ability can be changed to something mobile. I mean, it is kinda funny that she is the only character with 4 legs, yet she is among the least mobile of the tanks.

LiK

I've been derusting a bit on smurfs. It's pretty messed up honestly, especially considering how this game works. It's way too easy to blame your teammates for things that aren't even on them.

Blizzard deserve an award and several case studies on how to create the most toxic online game out there. Like I'm not even joking, developers should study this game to learn what not to do about toxicity.

Haha, seriously.

Chance

I don't disagree with that.

If her ult is going to Fortify the team, then maybe her default fortify ability can be changed to something mobile. I mean, it is kinda funny that she is the only character with 4 legs, yet she is among the least mobile of the tanks.

I've always thought she could use just like Soldier's run. It'd be huge, but she's such a big target it wouldn't feel op, maybe?

When people click, this game really fucking shines. The complete opposite happens way too often in comparison.

It's like I'm always chasing that high, man.

LiK

When people click, this game really fucking shines. The complete opposite happens way too often in comparison.

It's like I'm always chasing that high, man.

Played with a bunch of good randoms. Decide to group up. Get matched against a really good stack and get stomped. Everyone disbands.

Lemstar

remember the good old days when blizzard's innovative design created the least toxic shooter ever

https://www.wired.com/2016/05/overwatch-the-rare-positive-shooter/
https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/31/11821148/overwatch-blizzard-multiplayer-first-person-shooter

bonus quote from july 2016
“There are some systems that under the hood we’ve been tweaking as well,” said Kaplan. “A lot of this is very black box—and for a reason. We don’t talk about it because if we talk about it too much, players can exploit behavior.”

“For example, there’s the report function, the way that works,” he explained. “Since Competitive has been live, we’ve been doing some under the hood tuning and tweaking on that feature to be more aggressive about handling toxic behavior. I wish there was more that was visible to players in a way that wouldn’t allow for other negative players to exploit it.”

Kaplan conceded that, if nothing else, the system could stand to give the players who do the reporting a little more feedback. Rather than tossing a report into the void, they should get a clear notification that Blizzard took action. “We don’t notify you back right now, and I think that’s a bummer,” he said.

Cappa

Banned
I'm 7 sr away from getting my sorry ass back into diamond and I'm absolutely worried about the shit show of a match I'm going to get.

I shouldnt even have won the last match two people randomly left on the other team. We ended up taking the lead 2-1 on koth after everyone decided to throw after the first round(hanzo, Lucio, Reaper, mei, sombra, tracer) was our line up. The two poor guys that disconnected came back in the final round with only one teammate still left lol they ended up leaving again.

What a shit show competitive is

I'm 7 sr away from getting my sorry ass back into diamond and I'm absolutely worried about the shit show of a match I'm going to get.

I shouldnt even have won the last match two people randomly left on the other team. We ended up taking the lead 2-1 on koth after everyone decided to throw after the first round(hanzo, Lucio, Reaper, mei, sombra, tracer) was our line up. The two poor guys that disconnected came back in the final round with only one teammate still left lol they ended up leaving again.

What a shit show competitive is

Gotta love those KOTH games with no tanks.

Veelk

Banned
Can anyone show me a clear gif or video of D.Va firing her missiles from the outside?

I want to see where exactly she's firing them from.

Sande

What's the point of putting me in gold when the game clearly expects me to perform like a diamond / high plat? Man fuck this placement system. Thank god they're scrapping it next season.

Blegh, last arcade loot box gives me summer mccree and I never use him.

Sure the event got me quite a few legendary skins but it's not the ones I wanted. Aka Widow/Mercy/76/Reaper

R0ckman

Honestly I'm starting to realize you are going to get bad players in ANY teir, in GM you'll get people who survive a skirmish well but have bad sense, strategy (prioritizing targets) etc. People love to rush in but sometimes it's best to sit back and assess the flow of the battle.

Does a teammate need help? Is there a teammate in a bad match up you can help? Was watching a grandmaster match where the player just let a Winston jump their McCree, on the outskirts of the arena, the player wasn't doing anything, just kind of looking for targets despite KNOWING McCree was getting jumped. As he left the area I sat and watched as the inevitable McCree death by the gorilla popped up on the corner of the screen. Thats a ton of damage lost in the beggining of the fight.

I think poor awareness irks me the most of all the misshaps in OW. Close second to teammates who die instantly during encounters, drives me crazy when I'm kicking ass turn around and my whole team is dead.

The lower in rank you go the more these things become more common, on top of factors like mic screaming, throwing and not taking comp seriously (had a guy in one match who was drawing during a comp match) you have a recipe for bad blood pressure.

R0ckman

Did 7 of my placements matches and they had all throwers. On my team.

This really is the worst season. My QP games are quality compared to this.

What are they changing in season 6 to fix this? Since its at an all time high I dont understand how it will be any different, you may get people who make seperate accounts to use to throw matches.

Chance

Nah, you're pretty damn good. Better than most tracers I see on ps4.

1.jpg

Thank you!

Blu(e)

Curious of your placement.
Ended up 3251. 3W 7L was the score. Was Master last season ended at 3557. Highest was 3625.

like, recently? if so then you're doing your placements at the end of the season. At the end of every season, comp really goes to shit.

Don't leave placements till the last week of the season. A lot of people decide to start throwing/trolling games for some reason.

I did the same in season 3 because I wasn't feeling it. This was way worse then I expected.

Prelude.

Yeah, I'm not getting to diamond this season either, I keep getting idiots that throw because they think they're winning and run idiotic comps. So 2-3 in koth and can't push the payload more than the other team even though it's in a terrible spot for the defense. Even if I get more points for winning I'm still losing a few compared to where I started and I'm stuck at 2800.

At least I'm not getting there in 2 days solo queueing, but nobody wants to play anymore.

Yeah, I'm not getting to diamond this season either, I keep getting idiots that throw because they think they're winning and run idiotic comps. So 2-3 in koth and can't push the payload more than the other team even though it's in a terrible spot for the defense. Even if I get more points for winning I'm still losing a few compared to where I started and I'm stuck at 2800.

At least I'm not getting there in 2 days solo queueing, but nobody wants to play anymore.

did it ever occur to you that maybe youre throwing too?

Prelude.

of course. platinum is just full of gm level players being held down by "teh throwers"
What are you so salty about? These are the games I'm having, I'm not generalizing.
If we win every koth round you're on Winston and lose every round you're on Roadhog maybe one of them is working better than the other.
And if we stomp them on the first round with a decent comp maybe it's not a good idea to switch to 4 dps for the second one, waste the full duration of the round, and then get back to a good comp near overtime.

Alucrid

Banned
What are you so salty about? These are the games I'm having, I'm not generalizing.
If we win every koth round you're on Winston and lose every round you're on Roadhog maybe one of them is working better than the other.
And if we stomp them on the first round with a decent comp maybe it's not a good idea to switch to 4 dps for the second one, waste the full duration of the round, and then get back to a good comp near overtime.

icecold's "shtick" is that he's better than everyone at every game. best to just ignore them.

HiiiLife

Top 500 is above GM right??? I want those moving sprays. Been finishing my seasons out at diamond for the past couple seasons. Hopefully I'll reach masters next time.

Bought $30 of lootboxes and got a bunch of last year's summer games legendary colour alts and < 1000 coins. &#128530;

Millions of new sprays though!!! I hate these new lootboxes so much.

My new adopted mentality seems to be working quite well, I call it "No healing, no tanking"

Everyone likes to act all serious about only playing their Offense/Defense mains until they realize the Tank doesn't want to carry them anymore and goes off meta (Usually Junkrat or Mei, sometimes Hog just to prove the extra point I needed heals)

People swapping to heals quite often now, actually winning more

Bought $30 of lootboxes and got a bunch of last year's summer games legendary colour alts and < 1000 coins. &#128530;

Millions of new sprays though!!! I hate these new lootboxes so much.

I still only have the Widow event skin...I'm like 38 boxes deep. I've got 3 non event legendaries and a coins drop legendary.

When the event started I bought 4 of last year's legendaries hoping I would get all the ones from thus year...lulz.

Veelk

Banned
I still only have the Widow event skin...I'm like 38 boxes deep. I've got 3 non event legendaries and a coins drop legendary.

When the event started I bought 4 of last year's legendaries hoping I would get all the ones from thus year...lulz.

I really just want Winged Goddess Mercy, but I'm refusing to spend more money on Lootboxes, so I'm kinda screwed.

Which is slightly disappointing as Goddess Mercy would have been perfect for the overpowered hellbeast that Valkyried Mercy is.

I really wish one of you good McCree players on here would watch that gameplay I posted quite a few pages back and tell me all the shit I did wrong.

I'm always consistent on him but I feel like I'm making bad decisions or something that keeps me from getting better.

So yeah, if ya find the time I'd greatly appreciate ya.

Top Bottom