• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

What makes him fun again?

You don't immediately die when you hook someone. You can also engage and disengage from fights with his heal. You can get into the middle of a team fight and have full health, instead of being on the verge of death just from running to your team. When you hook someone and they live, you can heal while chasing them and finish them off.

He's a pretty great Doomfist counter now, because of his increased survivability.

There's a new option on controls named aim ease in at 0 default, no idea of what it does but something feels different.

I really wish they didn't mess with the controls like this, I was playing mystery heroes for a bit before and now I can't even aim properly lol

Pooya

Roadhog still feeds crazy ult charge (possibly even more than before) without that much gain for your team, I don't think it's worth it. Maybe he's more fun to play but he's still junk. Situational pick at best.

LiK

You don't immediately die when you hook someone. You can also engage and disengage from fights with his heal. You can get into the middle of a team fight and have full health, instead of being on the verge of death just from running to your team. When you hook someone and they live, you can heal while chasing them and finish them off.

He's a pretty great Doomfist counter now, because of his increased survivability.

He was already a great counter to DF. Nice to see the buffs are getting some positive reactions here.

roadhog still feeds crazy ult charge (and possibly even more than before) without that much gain for your team.

Depends on the player. A good Roadhog can shut down Tracer and Doomfist, as well as pull enemy healers out of position. You can also pull enemy Winstons away from your healers.

Mr Git

My patch ETA is 2 hours left so pretty certain it's not actually 16gigs. PS4 downloads are very obtuse and definitely not consistent for information.

LOL, okay, I won't use it. Happy with my current setup.

That's what I'm pissed about, it messes up your current setup.

I've tried with it at 0 and 100 and it's awful either way.

On the bright side linear ramp actually feels somewhat ok with it at 100.

Time to find out my ideal settings all over again FFS

Acually fuck this game, gonna continue my break. GG blizz

LiK

That's what I'm pissed about, it messes up your current setup.

I've tried with it at 0 and 100 and it's awful either way.

On the bright side linear ramp actually feels somewhat ok with it at 100.

Time to find out my ideal settings all over again FFS

Acually fuck this game, gonna continue my break. GG blizz

Wait, you don't need to toggle anything for it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
High mobility heroes really need a fucking balance check in this game. They've been effective for nearly every season and continue to do so, Tracer and Genji specifically.

If only there was a hero designed to slow people down who was actually good at it
mei-gameplay.jpg

Wait, you don't need to toggle anything for it?

It's an option like aim smoothing, but instead of 100 this one is at 0 by default.

As soon as I picked a character on practice range I noticed something was different, my aim was all over the place. I checked my controls and saw that they added this shit.

It's an option like aim smoothing, but instead of 100 this one is at 0 by default.

As soon as I picked a character on practice range I noticed something was different, my aim was all over the place. I checked my controls and saw that they added this shit.

This sounds stupid as fuck. More options are fine, but don't go fuckin with existing setups blizzard.

This sounds stupid as fuck. More options are fine, but don't go fuckin with existing setups blizzard.

Totally agree, this is just awful.

Had to lower my sensitivity from 100 to 75 so it's somewhat playable, but even like this I feel like it's almost impossible to do small adjustments to my aim like before.

They fucked up pretty badly.

Pooya

High mobility heroes really need a fucking balance check in this game. They've been effective for nearly every season and continue to do so, Tracer and Genji specifically.

If only there was a hero designed to slow people down who was actually good at it
mei-gameplay.jpg

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been some community outrage about Tracer. She hasn't been touched once since release and has had very high pick rate in almost every meta. At some point devs have to ask themselves, maybe we have to change something instead of blatantly playing favorites.

I don't think there is any other character that hasn't changed to some extent, except Tracer. Exactly zero changes.

Mei is anti tank more than anything... she does nothing to Tracer/Genji or Doomfist.

Anne

It's possible for characters to be very strong but also be generally healthy for the game. Tracer is one of those heroes for the most part. She's gotten a little out of hand lately, but with the current meta I get why they're hesitant to adjust her.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been some community outrage about Tracer. She hasn't been touched once since release and has had very high pick rate in almost every meta. At some point devs have to ask themselves, maybe we have to change something instead of blatantly playing favorites.

I don't think there is any other character that hasn't changed to some extent, except Tracer. Exactly zero changes.

Mei is anti tank more than anything... she does nothing to Tracer/Genji or Doomfist.

The problem is there's a ton of heroes that are anti tank. Anti-flanker(Tracer specifically) is pretty much just Mcree reliably and Torbjorn who only works on defense.

She's too versatile and she has complete control over the map that no hero, not even Genji, has. You would think the freeze based character would be good at dealing with the fast characters.

Tracer is fine as is. She'll be slightly less common with junks inevitable rise too.

A Mei can deal with a Doomfist with a little help. Bait him into a punch, iceblock, then freeze him. She also one shots Tracer if it's a headshot. But yeah her dmg could use a little buff I'd say.

Anne

Mei can't deal with Doomfist well at the moment. Her problems tend to come with Winston.

Honestly, a lot of the mobility issues in the game right now don't have to do with DPS being mobile. I'm not sure how many people here actually play Tracer/Genji as much as I do, but they actually can't get that much done without help from their team or poor play from their opponents.

It really stems from the fact that the mobile tanks can provide them with a huge amount of space while also getting free pressure on Zarya/Rein. Mei has actually been pretty good before, but she doesn't' work well with Winston/D.Va to set anything up.

MCD

While Tracer is a pain in the ass to deal with and I say that as a former Tracer main who struggles every time I see her as D.VA or Zen, she really doesn't need changing. She isn't broken nor she is overpowered. Lowest HP (150) with a lengthy recall cooldown. You should only have trouble with a good Tracer main because a bad one will just abuse or misuse her blinks/recall and die easily.

When you are against Tracer try to focus when she recalls and shout to your teammates: she used recall! Punish her!

That's how you kill her. Team focus her because if left alone she can destroy everyone.

Or just the good old headshot.

As for why defense heroes aren't getting a buff well Junk just got one so did Hanzo before so there is hope for Mei.

Anne

I wouldn't say Tracer isn't overpowered at the moment. She is statistically overpowered and generally overpowered from experience.

She can be overpowered and not need changing because it's better for the game if she's doing something that's important to keep it working. Which she is, she is actually able to secure kills.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Its less 'nerf Tracer' to me and more buff/change her counters and give her an 'easy' counter like how a worse pharah counters a better junkrat or a worse winston counters a better widowmaker

b
u
f
f
t
o
r
b
j
o
r
n
andmei

Pooya

That's probably what they will do eventually but I don't know how they can buff Mei for her to be effective against Tracer and not obnoxious against everybody.

Owzers

They just keep adding sliders that I don't know what to do with.

Top Bottom