• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Phu

Banned
Deathmatch sure is deathmatch. Played about 10 rounds, got first a few. I think I've had my fill for the rest of time.

Nimby

Banned
FFA is fun with friends in a custom game. I love it when you're wrecking their shit with your main (Zen) and they ban you from using him.

randome

As Reaper, it all comes down if you can get the drop on Junkrat. Also, never be afraid to look down and see if his trap had skunked into the ground, which usually takes about 10 seconds when you lay down a trap (as Junkrat).

Anywho, I've been getting into Pharah's mechanics and playstyle, and she's a blast to play. Here's a POTG from a recent match.

Whaaaa the trap sinks? I've always wondered why sometimes it looks lower than other times. Figured it was due to the differing terrain or something.

maomaoIYP

While I'm enjoying Free-For-All, I haven't enjoyed Team Deathmatch as much. Maybe it's because the maps they've included are far too big for four players.
Same. It's because the maps were not built for TDM and have no real flow to them. The 3v3 maps fare slightly better but the regular maps just aren't fun for it.

Blues1990

Whaaaa the trap sinks? I've always wondered why sometimes it looks lower than other times. Figured it was due to the differing terrain or something.

It always helps to look up a characters abilities and play a variety of heroes, so that if you are playing Reinhardt and are going to pin an enemy Mei to a wall, you will know how long that player will be in Ice Block before activating the charge.

Same. It's because the maps were not built for TDM and have no real flow to them. The 3v3 maps fare slightly better but the regular maps just aren't fun for it.

If they limited it to the Arena Maps and Château Guillard, then it would've been fine. But so far, I've been playing on the regular maps, and it's hampering my enjoyment of Team Deathmatch.

Hopefully, they'll remove the other maps and keep the Area Maps/Château Guillard, as in this case, less is more.

Spy

They nerfed Hanzo's arrow speed massively, didn't they? I didn't see anything mentioned in the changelog but it's extremely noticeable. It's difficult to be viable up close anymore.

It feels much worse than pre-buff. Either that or I'm taking crazy pills.

Blues1990

All I see is people hating on a guy who is really enthusiastic about the game,some people are just so sad ��

While I don't watch most of his videos, I do enjoy his Over-Analyze series, as watching the critique footage helped me with improving my game with several heroes. Speaking of, there was this one time he was losing his cool with an arrogant Genji player, which was funny to watch.

But, yeah. Never had a problem with Stylosa. He's a cool bloke in my book.

Can someone direct me to or offer a brief explanation on how XP allocation works? Right now it doesn't make much sense to me that in one match I can finish in the top four at Deathmatch but earn less XP than when I just run around getting zero kills while barely paying attention.

Can someone direct me to or offer a brief explanation on how XP allocation works? Right now it doesn't make much sense to me that in one match I can finish in the top four at Deathmatch but earn less XP than when I just run around getting zero kills while barely paying attention.
Your performance plays a role in it, but very little. It's mostly a matter of time spent in the match.

It's always been time based rather than performance based which, for me, is a pile of shite.

I'll have a game of 3v3 elimination where I get 10 kills and win 3-0 and get less than 1000 xp immediately followed by a game where I get 2 kills, lose 3-2 and get 2000 xp.

Maybe making xp performance based would put a stop to some of the obvious throwers. Give 500 xp to everyone in the winning side, give 1000 for each gold medal or something.

I'll get 4 gold medals in a game and only receive an extra 154 points. What nonsense!

Yager

Banned
Stylosa is cool. I don't always agree with him, but I like how he's always positive and encourages people to be nice to each other above everything. I also enjoy Rag Tagg a lot, that dude can SING and toxic coaching is hilarious.

Stylosa is cool. I don't always agree with him, but I like how he's always positive and encourages people to be nice to each other above everything. I also enjoy Rag Tagg a lot, that dude can SING and toxic coaching is hilarious.

Yeah dude, Rag is funny as fuck. I never see him mentioned in here.

I also share his undying hate for Hanzo.

LOL do people realize that unit lost consists of some masters players who don't actually understand the game that much?

Stylosa has a hero pool of three (Rein, Lucio and Soldier) and he is boosted. He is actually diamond-low masters at best.

Azoor

Stylosa is one of those Youtubers that don't get certain heroes at all like I don't think he understands Mercy at all for example.

Okay yes Junkrat is pretty good for FFA deathmatch. I had maybe an hour's worth of experience with him, and I didn't be have much trouble winning multiple times. That basement is his domain.

LiK

Man trying to get this mercy trophy before the patch is leading me to play a very hide until rez style and just costing my team games 😕

If you're playing with randoms, just hide at Point B on Defense and tell them to all die on point to rez. Should be the easiest place to rez a team of 4.

Stylosa is one of those Youtubers that don't get certain heroes at all like I don't think he understands Mercy at all for example.

He admits to not playing Mercy much.

They nerfed Hanzo's arrow speed massively, didn't they? I didn't see anything mentioned in the changelog but it's extremely noticeable. It's difficult to be viable up close anymore.

It feels much worse than pre-buff. Either that or I'm taking crazy pills.

I thought I was imagining it just being way worse. He's basically garbage in close and close-mid range now.

paperlynx

Why would they nerf Hanzo's arrow speed? That makes no sense...

Also after playing with the new D.Va on the PTR for a while, it feels like she's just gonna be phased out of comp since her new damage doesn't compensate for defense matrix being awful now

Blues1990

LOL do people realize that unit lost consists of some masters players who don't actually understand the game that much?

Stylosa has a hero pool of three (Rein, Lucio and Soldier) and he is boosted. He is actually diamond-low masters at best.

For someone that's supposed to be "High Diamond/Low Masters", the guy has three accounts at Grand Master and is overall a pretty competent player. And it's not a bad trait to have a small hero pool, so long as you know you can put in work with them.

Why would they nerf Hanzo's arrow speed? That makes no sense...

Also after playing with the new D.Va on the PTR for a while, it feels like she's just gonna be phased out of comp since her new damage doesn't compensate for defense matrix being awful now

I thought I was crazy when noticing this. I get lowering the damage output for Scatter Arrow, but why would they revert the firing rate for his primary fire?

LiK

For someone that's supposed to be "High Diamond/Low Masters", the guy has three accounts at Grand Master and is overall a pretty competent player. And it's not a bad trait to have a small hero pool, so long as you know you can put in work with them.

Yup, and it's weird people like to call him out for being boosted when he plays primarily in solo q now. They probably haven't watched any of his recent videos and keep pulling out those reasons why they think he sucks.

Even without Scatter, he's still pretty deadly even if you're a good shot with him.

Not really. He still has consistency issues at longer range(which is what Widow is for). If he can't kill well at short/mid range then there's no point in using him over pretty much any dps, and that's all he had, the one shot potential at mid range. If his arrow speed is lessened then he doesn't have that anymore. He's useless.

LiK

Not really. He still has consistency issues at longer range(which is what Widow is for). If he can't kill well at short/mid range then there's no point in using him over pretty much any dps, and that's all he had, the one shot potential at mid range. If his arrow speed is lessened then he doesn't have that anymore. He's useless.

Depends on the players. Played with way more better Hanzo players than Widows. I would prefer a Hanzo on my team over Widows. Can't agree with the "useless" statement at all.

I'm pretty sure dual-zone is still not exactly the same as before, even if it appears to be fixed at first glance. Much better than what it was obviously but yesterday I could feel a slight difference and was struggling a bit at times. More people are complaining about it but I'm not that hopeful that it will be fixed, time to get used to lower sensitivity I guess.

Also, holy shit at Orisa, I played with her a couple of times yesterday and she destroys 200hp heroes like it's nothing, so quick.

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Stylosa is very enthusiastic about the game, hard to dislike the dude even if the content sucks sometimes.

Goodbye ladies and gentlemen.

Pooya

Micro missiles are just so poor. They're not even a factor as of now. It's so hard to hit anything with them, there is a long delay, then they are slow and easy to dodge and they somehow decided they have to nerf the damage so if you even get close to land most of them, it's more likely that you lose your mech than get a kill. Aggro Dva is still trash. Tank Dva is half as good as before. I don't think there is any debate that this rework is just a massive nerf overall, now if she's still usable or not we have to see. So far with my time in PTR, I don't think so. I think you can do much better than picking Dva for 2 second DM and other times just keep feeding ult charge. Dive stuff probably won't work.

While I'm enjoying Free-For-All, I haven't enjoyed Team Deathmatch as much. Maybe it's because the maps they've included are far too big for four players.
Yet somehow the spawns always manage to be awful, it's an impressive blend of wandering around only to eventually die and then spawn in the worst place.

stylosa at times is a little over his head in the videos but I like his energy. Tries to stay positive. Can't see a reason to hate the guy.

I feel like whenever I see a positive guy like Stylosa begin to succumb to the games overwhelming toxicity it's gonna end up like Dent in the Dark Knight or something.

Top Bottom