• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Stylosa is cool. I don't always agree with him, but I like how he's always positive and encourages people to be nice to each other above everything. I also enjoy Rag Tagg a lot, that dude can SING and toxic coaching is hilarious.

Did you see Rag's drunk stream the other night? Train wreck, and Stylosa joined him at the very end and, if the snippets you could hear from voice chat were any indication, regretted it immediately.

jviggy43

2 seconds of DM is a lot more valuable than 160 damage, and you're not gonna land all the missiles anyway. She was a bit overpowered but they've gone too far with it, and I'm not a fan of trying to turn her into a dps offtank
Yeah I don't want diva to have better damage, that's not her role, she s a tank that's supposed to tank damage. I'll ask again cause I didn't see an answer, did they say why diva needed this change? I haven't seen her use rate at higher level play. Was she a bit op?

Gorillaz

Ohio state has there opening game tonight so I'm taking that as a sign to not do placements
and instead get trashed as fuck watching

What's the word for the thread we all jumping in tonight or waiting

Ohio state has there opening game tonight so I'm taking that as a sign to not do placements
and instead get trashed as fuck watching

What's the word for the thread we all jumping in tonight or waiting

I may play a few placements just to test the waters. History has demonstrated, though, that it's best to wait a few days or a week to avoid BS. S4 I think I did placements day 1 and there was a dude on our team named Trollbjorn and all he did was pick Torb and run off the map nonstop.

_Legacy_

I may play a few placements just to test the waters. History has demonstrated, though, that it's best to wait a few days or a week to avoid BS. S4 I think I did placements day 1 and there was a dude on our team named Trollbjorn and all he did was pick Torb and run off the map nonstop.

Well, at least his name checks out!

If my brother and I finished last season around 300SR apart (him in Silver, me in Gold) should we do placements separately or together? Or is it not going to make a difference?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
lol, thought new season started just a bit ago. hopped on and saw it's two more hours. played a game. had a blast but you wanna talk about nobody giving a shit.

we went 5 dps on defense and lost hollywood both points in like 120 seconds

Blues1990

I'm gonna do all 10 placements tonight wish me luck

Deadman_mini.jpg

rulerk1

People still get toxic in off season. I don't even what happened he push the payload to the end on attack with plenty of time but on defense our support main who was playing Widow was berating our Tracer for being bad. What is wrong people

Talonz

So is it best to wait a couple days, or do placements immediately?

Here is the thing, Competitive on the weekends is usually terrible(more people drinking, partying, etc..) so you are rolling the dice either way. It's even worse at nights on the weekends. I got put with this guy playing Mercy and he was sooo drunk. He was slurring his words and the whole being drunk package, yet somehow we won. lol

R0ckman

People still get toxic in off season. I don't even what happened he push the payload to the end on attack with plenty of time but on defense our support main who was playing Widow was berating our Tracer for being bad. What is wrong people

Yeah had this guy in a season 2 match saying me playing Tracer was worthless, had silver on eleminations and basically made the enemy Torb do nothing the whole time, couldn't get his turret set up the entire match. My team just couldn't get it together to push the payload at a consistent pace, yet it was all my fault.

Here is the thing, Competitive on the weekends is usually terrible(more people drinking, partying, etc..) so you are rolling the dice either way.

No dout. I've decided to wait til Monday. That way all the 'place low on purpose' people will be finished as well as the weekend warriors.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Don't placements matter even less than normal games? At least 10 wins or 10 losses in normal games give you a 250 SR swing.

Shredderi

Deathmatch is fun but there's too many Gengus in the mode right now. It pays to be a character with no hard counters and be generally the king of duels. I get it, a seasoned Genji can have fun (aka ownage) in the mode but come on. Genji has been by far the most stacked character in these matches (as in 3-4 genjis per match and only one of anyone else).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Deathmatch is fun but there's too many Gengus in the mode right now. It pays to be a character with no hard counters and be generally the king of duels. I get it, a seasoned Genji can have fun (aka ownage) in the mode but come on. Genji has been by far the most stacked character in these matches (as in 3-4 genjis per match and only one of anyone else).

Doomfist, Sombra, Symmettra are all good FFA characters who can counter genji.

Symmetra is surprisingly good because she's very difficult to killsteal from, and can spawn camp or healthpack camp with turrets, and get some free kills.

Think I will wait a day or two. Risky to do it on the first day.

I honestly don't see what's so risky about it. All the data from the last couple season starts/placements seems to point to your placement win % and performance not really mattering as much as where you ended the previous season. People going 3-7 place in Diamond if they were Diamond last season, people going 7-3 place in Gold if they were Gold last season.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thanks to an enemy Mei I ended up clipping through just where you said. The other team was kind enough to kill me after capturing the point, though.
Well the difference was we couldn't kill them, probably because they were Mei/too small and not Reinhardt, lol.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty negligible yea, lots of people have been asking to just get rid of the whole process for returning comp players.

My best guess is they want the population to help take part in bad unknowable matchups to help people doing their true placements without risking the veteran player's SR.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Are Mercy changes live?

No, just the Junkrat, Orisa, Roadhog, and Widowmaker buffs and Doomfist hitbox nerf right now.

Mercy, DVA, and Rienhart changes and the Doomfist range nerf are still just PTR.

Talonz

Roadhog is a good counter to all the genji/mcree/tracer/junkrats in DM. He can one shot hook them and withstand their damage then heal up. Just stay away from the Symmetra nests and if you catch one out of their nest use your Ultimate on them. You can't one shot kill them.

Whats this console patch im currently downloading?

Nvm read patch notes

Is tdm any good? Always felt the elimination mode was too unbalanced and made no sense for Overwatch

Roadhog is a good counter to all the genji/mcree/tracer/junkrats in DM. He can one shot hook them and withstand their damage then heal up. Just stay away from the Symmetra nests and if you catch one out of their nest use your Ultimate on them. You can't one shot kill them.
whatyearisit.jpg

Gorillaz

tim the platman queuing with the gull for placements?

all that's missing is moonmoon throwing as Doomfist to complete the trilogy

Prelude.

Man, some people just suck the fun out of DM. Either just killstealing all game waiting in a corner or Symmetras making their microwave spots. Also, good old Arcade MM with top 500 players queued in.

Top Bottom