• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

wait. KOTH is BO3 again? or is it just for placements?

when people said GG on round 2 i was like wut. or did we played 3 rounds lol but nope 2-0 and victory.

R0ckman

Toxicity is rampant on PS4 RN. I just turned off team chat.

It's boiled over, there are lots of problems and I think the foundation is the crapshoot ranking system and how it works with MMR, ideally they would have an MMR that is only for ranked, as it is now it's messing up everything.

Then you have people who quickly blame others, people who legit want to look to improve getting BS responses like "git gud" and "don't tilt" then they go into matches trying to prevent boil overs and still trigger toxicity and throwers possibly every other match, eventually you just snap and join the toxic.

I opted to just leave competitive because I knew it would only get worse.

maomaoIYP

KotH being BO3 is fine with me. Too many times I've had games where we were 2-0 up and everyone gets overconfident and swaps to no healer no tanks stupid comps and the game ends 2-3.
edit: I almost never play Junkrat but WOW the new Junkrat is super fun!!

Moonkid

Yowza it's the next season already? I'll be sorta regular for the next two weeks, probably gonna sit around 2800s~3000 as usual lol.

bo3 KOTH is some bullllllllllllllsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

3 placement matches down, 2 were KOTH matches and I've won both. I'm glad for the change (for now).

Third match was a loss because a guy disconnected right as we took the first point on Anubis, so we spent six minutes trying to do a 5v6 on the second point, then everyone else left before we even tried Defense. Bleh. Was really tempted to try out that Report button but it was pretty obvious a disconnect and not an intentional troll.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Fuck Junkrat and his two mines. Whose fucking bright idea was that? /salt

i was amazed so many people used to shit on junkrat and call him the worst character in the game. Junkrat mains knew he was good, yet enough people complained and now he is a fucking god.

welp, time to carry placements as junkrat

Blues1990

Watching seagull, that riptire is fucking disgusting.

And this is on pc, just imagine console.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingMotionlessBeaverTheRinger

MV3jyTJ.png

Das some good shit, right here.

After the past 3 season of being put into platinum even after a positive placement win rate and ending the previous season in diamond and being force to climb back up to master I finally start at 3407 after a 6-4 placements, slightly above what I ended with last season.

Thank Fuck. I don't think I could stomach fighting through platinum again.

Nepenthe

i was amazed so many people used to shit on junkrat and call him the worst character in the game. Junkrat mains knew he was good, yet enough people complained and now he is a fucking god.

I don't tend to shit on characters' abilities because there's always that one person out there who masters them and starts reking everything.

Regardless, he still didn't need two mines.

Junkrat wasn't bad, but he was like Widowmaker: if someone on your team picked him, they probably aren't going to do much. I don't think the game has many "bad" heroes, but bad players are attracted to a handful of heroes that are frustrating to play with. I would much rather have a bad Soldier than a bad Widowmaker.

Decided to just kick out all my placements tonight in solo queue, ended up going 6-4.

Placed at 2564, exactly 7 points higher than I finished last season, but thank fucking god I placed in Platinum. Thank god that stupid artificial lowering of SR was done away with. Now maybe this season I can actually climb to Diamond.

LiK

Playing with one of the worst 4 stack of randoms ever, random use of Ults and they didn't go capture the point when only Genji was there.

Top Bottom