• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

rackham

Banned
Blizz's motives are good here, even if the actual experience is shit: they want to prevent, at all costs, teams ganging up on one player if they're losing and bullying them into quitting so no one else loses SR.

That's literally not an issue on console since no one uses the mic anyways and I mean come the fuck on. What a poor excuse from blizzard when you could easily mute the mic and now report people.

But again, almost no body uses the mic on PS4.

Not to mention, that doesn't stop actual abuse/harassment. What's stopping players from sending messages after the match telling people to not play competitive? Nothing.

Poor excuse/implementation on Blizzard's part. They need to should ashamed to blame poor planning on harassers/abusive players.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Alright, I seriously don't understand this SR stuff.

I'm hovering right around 2000SR, like always. It sucks ass. But I've paid attention - in the last five losses and last five wins, I'm averaging 11 point increase for a win, but a 24 point decrease for a loss. The hell?

It's impossible to rank up. No way can I consistently have a ~75% win rate.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Yes there has been word. There likely won't be any further rewards. Jeff Kaplan said they're regretting ever putting rewards into competitive.

Hadn't heard that - why is that? Golden weapons, while boring, don't really "hinder" anything...

rackham

Banned
Hadn't heard that - why is that? Golden weapons, while boring, don't really "hinder" anything...
They've said that it puts people who don't really want to be in competitive there and they want comp to only be for people who want to play comp. basically.
Alright, I seriously don't understand this SR stuff.

I'm hovering right around 2000SR, like always. It sucks ass. But I've paid attention - in the last five losses and last five wins, I'm averaging 11 point increase for a win, but a 24 point decrease for a loss. The hell?

It's impossible to rank up. No way can I consistently have a ~75% win rate.

Yeah it's really a garbage system from many angles. The worst being losing skill rating when one of your team mates leaves and you're stuck playing for 15 minutes in a losing match. Jeff Kaplan should really take a hard look at how he's making honest players feel. I feel like I'm wasting my time and it just makes me anxious/aggravated and annoyed. I hate it and I start to hate Blizzard.

I get that it's just a game but when you constantly have one random person leaving your team and fucking over five people and you can't even get competitive points...it's just like wtf. fuck everything.

I seem to be having trouble getting out of the 2300 SR. Win a few/lose a few. Is that the game telling me something or should I look for a solid group of people? I usually play Soldier and always have 3-4 gold medals in the match.

that you arent good so youre at a low rank

So placements were really kind to me. Some context, my career high was 3510, and I got that from S4 not S5. So the below results were pretty shocking:

twgXoWl.jpg

M5PyLnY.jpg

I never thought I could get to GM, but I see that as a realistic goal now in S6. Stoked!

rackham

Banned

Probably true. I felt like I carried my team in placement matches. It sucked. I hate feeling like you're the best one on your team. It makes me feel like I got into a bad random group or I'm the only one trying. I don't think I'm an amazing player. I've made it to platinum by myself before but I feel like it's complete luck when you get a group who matches your skill.

Skel1ingt0n

Maybe it's ignorant and naive of me; but I'm at ~2,000 and I refuse to believe I deserve to be this low.

If I could find a key for $20, I'd buy an alt account just because I'm damn near certain I'd rank higher after placements without my previous seasons "weighing" me down.

Again, maybe hyper ignorant and I should just face the truth that I suck - but I can happily admit when I suck at a game. I suck at most, honestly. I don't think I suck at OW. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

komaruR

Maybe it's ignorant and naive of me; but I'm at ~2,000 and I refuse to believe I deserve to be this low.

If I could find a key for $20, I'd buy an alt account just because I'm damn near certain I'd rank higher after placements without my previous seasons "weighing" me down.

Again, maybe hyper ignorant and I should just face the truth that I suck - but I can happily admit when I suck at a game. I suck at most, honestly. I don't think I suck at OW. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
30$ is the lowest ive seen during anniversary

Swig_

Yes there has been word. There likely won't be any further rewards. Jeff Kaplan said they're regretting ever putting rewards into competitive.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I should save it or just spend it. I hadn't heard either way from them, but I don't pay attention to what Jeff says, other than gameplay update stuff.

exYle

Probably true. I felt like I carried my team in placement matches. It sucked. I hate feeling like you're the best one on your team. It makes me feel like I got into a bad random group or I'm the only one trying. I don't think I'm an amazing player. I've made it to platinum by myself before but I feel like it's complete luck when you get a group who matches your skill.

You can ignore that dude

People have had some pretty unlucky seasons lately. The community is in a rough spot right now in terms of toxicity. Can't blame all of your issues on others but a lot of people are having rough games

Again, maybe hyper ignorant and I should just face the truth that I suck - but I can happily admit when I suck at a game. I suck at most, honestly. I don't think I suck at OW. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

do you realize how common this sentiment is?

Chance

Behold, I have set my goldiplat PS4 Tracer gameplay... to music!

https://vimeo.com/232179343

Really, the best parts are the very first clip and the very last - or at least those are my favorites - but there's a nice team push on Eichenwald and a lovely string of takedowns on Ilios.

R0ckman

This is what doesn't make sense, if the SR system was tolerably accurate you shouldn't constantly be in games where people on your team are wiping in 2 seconds during a fire fight. Its really annoying and I see it constantly as a McCree player. Since he depends on team senergy I'm basically forced to switch off if we get into fights and my whole team dies constantly, sometimes I don't watch the feed when fighting and may get 2-3 picks if I'm lucky but notice that my entire team is dead, then I get out of sync with my team, so in the time it takes me to get back the team completely dies all over again, so I have to wait for them to get back together, then they all wipe in 2 seconds and we go through it again. I'm wasting my time not even able to have fair combat experiences, sitting there waiting for my team to revive in a match that I'll literally gain nothing for but a waste of time. The system is just complete ass.

TheMink

TDM is absolutely spectacular. It's the most fun I've ever had in this game. Zero stakes, constant action. Grab myself McCree and just fire away and when I die I spwan in immediately and I'm right back in. It's so much fun.

I get so downtrodden when I play quick play or competitive and your team comp suck and you are just getting hammered and you wait to respawn and trudge back and get killed pick a different character because I'm supposed to I guess that fixes nothing.

TDM is just perfect for me.

Edit:

Oh and these maps are way cooler haha!

Nimby

Banned
I pretty much only play Mercy in that mode, so I love it when the game spawns me across the map from my team and next to an enemy Pharah.

Yukinari

Regular deathmatch is like the worst mode theyve added since 6v6 elim.

TDM is a bit better but its not something im crazy over.

well, first time playing comp. I did all 10 placement matches solo queuing. I figured I'd be in gold somewhere so I'm not surprised. Can't expect too much since I haven't even been playing the game very long. Could have gone better though, some of my losses were really bad. Now I just have to stay out of silver, lol.

Chance

The jousting with baby DVa was pretty good. Too bad she had to try to cheat there at the end.

I wonder how different the fight woulda' been if I hadn't been positioning myself to zip back and forth over the health pack - I like to think she'd've landed less shots on me, but she mighta' just gotten the pick.

I went 6-4 in placements and placed 2391. Last 3 games were a loss because of it being 3v6 after the first minute.

I was also playing against teams with a team SR above 2550. So I'm guessing my poor performance in three 3v6 games dropped me down to gold lulz.

Randomly ran into 2 dudes from DGaf when I was running solo, so if ya guys see this, GG.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I've been told this border is even higher than gold.

2017-09-0302_49_23-ov2zqw2.png

This is freaking crazy, and i thought i play a lot with my silver border lol

How?

leng jai

I've been playing for around 2 months now and I'm struggling to get into Silver. Never really had this problem in other games, played CSS, BC2, UT, KZ4 extensively and was always pretty good in those games. At this point I don't even see how it's possible for me to climb and I'm in a trash tier. Granted I've lost a few hundred SR for disconnects, but still.

I wonder how different the fight woulda' been if I hadn't been positioning myself to zip back and forth over the health pack - I like to think she'd've landed less shots on me, but she mighta' just gotten the pick.

It looked like she was going to get that last pack, but tried to mech-up instead (which was actually a decent play- I've squashed a few greedy Tracers with Mech Recall). I've played a lot of DVa and don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Cool visual.

My first game after placements was a KotH, the enemy team ran 6 dps lulz.

Thankfully someone went mercy for my team while I tanked and it was a clean 2-0 W.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can anyone tell me what blizzard was smoking when they decided to give piggy healing while running around?

Veelk

Banned
2 comp placement wins, 2 losses. Pretty okay start I guess.

I decided to end the night trying out Soldier on death match just to see how I'd do.

I won the game by a wide margin

:|

LiK

That's literally not an issue on console since no one uses the mic anyways and I mean come the fuck on. What a poor excuse from blizzard when you could easily mute the mic and now report people.

But again, almost no body uses the mic on PS4.

Not to mention, that doesn't stop actual abuse/harassment. What's stopping players from sending messages after the match telling people to not play competitive? Nothing.

Poor excuse/implementation on Blizzard's part. They need to should ashamed to blame poor planning on harassers/abusive players.

On PS4, I turned off messages from people not in my friend list. Had to do that because of spam messages when I was playing Trials in Destiny. You might also get abusive messages as well as those PSN spambots so now it's even more of an incentive to do it. I used to get both good and bad messages for my performance in OW from randoms but I don't care for spam in my PSN inbox so I'm leaving my setting as is.

R0ckman

Damn I hate the matchmaking in this, another team that is instantly dying during encounters. Their team had a REALLY good widow melting my team, I go Winston immediately, and I pretty much saved the team right there, their team wasnt good enough to instantly melt me when I target Widow, everytime I got Ult, I would jump in the back and disorganize them jump back out for heals. That time gave my group a chance to respawn and regroup to defend the payload, but it didnt matter as they kept dying to ults over and over.

The issue is anytime I died it would cost me 2 or 3 teammate deaths, granted I would have been more careful, but I didn't know how much me dying knocked out a pillar until the very end. The Widow went D.va pushed me off a ledge and that pretty much ended the match.

Unfortunately all of my games tonite outside of TDM have been steamrolls. TDM I've had better matchmaking as a majority of my matches are close and damn fun even when losing.

Skii

2 comp placement wins, 2 losses. Pretty okay start I guess.

I decided to end the night trying out Soldier on death match just to see how I'd do.

I won the game by a wide margin

:|

You must've played some garbage opponents because Soldier isn't even good in that mode.

Veelk

Banned
You must've played some garbage opponents because Soldier isn't even good in that mode.

I guess? Trust me, I'm not boasting about that win. The last thing I want to do is put Soldier in a good light.

But you know, you can't really beat heal station as a tactical advantage. Or his ult, frankly, because that bursts down opponents quicker than they can react usually. And if you need burst damage, you have his rocket.

God, fuck soldier.

HiiiLife

Went from Bastion taking me to diamond thanks to moving heal to Roadhog (currently) taking me to masters thanks to moving heal. Muahahahahah.

Top Bottom