• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I'd drop one point of machine gun damage off solider's current amount, but that's just me being annoyed when I get riddled by one clip from the other side of the screen as Zen.

caesar

Banned
All perfectly true, but that doesn't really change my base preference or that I wouldn't want to see him in the game. And I feel I should clarify my goal in this debate, because I feel like we are trying to do two different things. You're trying to argue why the state of soldier is objectively healthy for the game as a whole, while I'm arguing why I think I would like overwatch better with him weakened.

Like I said, I'm not trying to make Soldier trash. In fact, other than stating a preference for when he was weaker, its' not like I'm even suggesting any changes made to him. I'm saying I don't like him and he's not good for the game for me. He's too strong for my tastes and I wish he was weaker than he is now. Your argument that he's balanced and has counters (I legit forgot about anti-heals since Ana never shows up on console, but I'd quibble about boops as a useful way of taking him out of his healing circle) are mostly valid.

But it doesn't really matter because his playstyle is still a detriment to the game for me. I'd prefer him weaker. But I'm not trying to convince you that you should prefer him weaker. And that's the major difference, if I was seriously pushing for an objective balance change, I'd have smaller ground to stand on. Instead, I'm mostly just explaining why I feel how I feel about him.

Don't you main tracer? She's literally the best dps in the game.

LiK

Soldier is fine where he is. When new Mercy comes out, you're gonna want him against her new Ult and Pharmercy even more.

I'd drop one point of machine gun damage off solider's current amount, but that's just me being annoyed when I get riddled by one clip from the other side of the screen as Zen.

Zen has that inbuilt aim detector which is fantastic. Charge up his attack, see the red square appear and POOOOOF.

Veelk

Banned
Don't you main tracer? She's literally the best dps in the game.

Nope. Though Tracer's my most played DPS.

And there's also the fact that I'm not that good a player in general, so just because Tracer's the best DPS on highest levels of play, that might not be true of all levels.

Prelude.

They nerfed the shit out of her flight speed already, it shouldn't be too difficult to clip Mercy's wings.
She has infinite health regen too, can you burst her down when she's flying all over the place, heals/damage boosts her team from a safe distance and can probably self-heal a significant amount while you're reloading? I never tried the PTR but people have trouble dealing with Pharmercy now.

Veelk

Banned
I never tried the PTR but people have trouble dealing with Pharmercy now.

I've weirdly never had that much trouble with Pharmacy like many users complain about here, but this change is going to be a ridiculous buff to that combo. It's already hard getting her out of the air once, now Mercy can rez her whenever.

Talonz

They nerfed the shit out of her flight speed and increased damage during ult already, it shouldn't be too difficult to clip Mercy's wings.

But she has increased self-regen during her Ultimate. It's very hard to kill her in those 20 seconds.

Nope. Though Tracer's my most played DPS.

And there's also the fact that I'm not that good a player in general, so just because Tracer's the best DPS on highest levels of play, that might not be true of all levels.

How can you have trouble vs Soldier as Tracer on console? She has a small hitbox and only Soldiers with good tracking can give you trouble.

All Tracers has to do is bait healing station or helix, and Soldier is dead. You can one clip Soldier even during healing station if you are good.

Veelk

Banned
How can you have trouble vs Soldier as Tracer on console? She has a small hitbox and only Soldiers with good tracking can give you trouble.

All Tracers has to do is bait healing station or helix, and Soldier is dead. You can one clip Soldier even during healing station if you are good.

As I said many times at this point, I don't especially have much trouble with Soldier at this point. When he had 20dmg, yeah, but he's much more manageable now.

Which does not affect my enjoyment of playing against his character at all.

tfw a player wants soldier nerfed not because he warps the meta like doomfist did or current dive but because he doesnt know how to dodge helix teraLUL

4-Stacks who suck or troll... why

The worst.

Especially when they all main dps. People on ps4 seem to group up backwards as fuck. If you main dps, group with a tank or support...not 3 other dps players lulz.

The fuck...if Veelk wants to hate soldier, let him fuckin hate soldier. Who cares...it's ok not to like everyone in the game, promise.

Kysen

This competitive stuff is so fucking bad.
Losing 25 sr for losses and winning 15? Or 10 for a win? Really?
Who in the world would think this is good or fair?
I will never rank up this way, it's impossible and I'm just dropping this game for good.
This happens when you are playing at a level below the match you are in. The SR system is adjusting you downwards. If you want this to change you need to contribute more to a win. Any time you get sub 20 for a win it means someone else on your team is hard carrying you.

tumblr_ovouxxna2J1rss7ido1_540.png

Frester

I'll be on tonight. Not home atm. My Dual Zone is feeling good again. I can flex so it should be fine as long as we don't get selfish randoms again.

I don't think we've actually played a game together yet but I'm down if you got space. Still have 2 more placement matches to do though.

I'd like a mini-map/radar in the corner of the screen that displays where your team are represented by triangle shapes (facing direction) I think it'd increase team synergy and lessen tunnel vision.

gl0w

This happens when you are playing at a level below the match you are in. The SR system is adjusting you downwards. If you want this to change you need to contribute more to a win. Any time you get sub 20 for a win it means someone else on your team is hard carrying you.

Many thanks for clarifying. Actually as my team most of the times says I'm the one carrying them. I think myself as a good player. That's why I don't see this system fair.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I had hoped it might taper off a bit, but the number of people who will immediately throw the game just because you picked Doomfist is still A Lot. But if I try to help out the team and go tank or main healer our four Genjis and Hanzos will spend the entire game getting zero kills.

Probably I should just stick to Zenyatta if I want to climb, but he's so boring to play for long stretches. I really hope Mercy's changes end up making her more viable on Attack.

Top Bottom