• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

rulerk1

think im gonna one trick Mercy until i get back into Diamond since i only need two wins. I think i would gotten there in one game had i not been tempo resing. That match i had was kind of scary tho.

Lol at blizzard not touching Winston through these character nerfs and reworks.

Umm he cant even out damage a zen healing orb. Why would they nerf him

He does a whopping 105 net damage per clip when you factor in reload to a zen orbed target. To firther illustrate how low that is, thats 105 damage every 6.5 seconds

large.jpg
Always true.

I-hate-u

Winston is as strong as the other dive characters (D.Va, Genji, Tracer and Zen). If those characters are in the meta he is very good, if they're not he sucks.

If Hog and Reaper become more prominent, he becomes F-tier like in S2.

Anne

No. Winston by himself is actually absurd beyond belief lmao

He is the literal reason why the current meta exists as is.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah but maybe we'll only get 1/6 tank mirrors rather than 1/3

A man can dream

I wonder how they're gonna nerf Winston when they get around to doing it. He's a weird one because, by himself, he's already not that powerful.

Prelude.

I'm actually a little salty that Reaper is so strong now. He always countered Winston, but sometimes you could juke enough in and out of the bubble to do enough damage to make him retreat or even kill him, but now with his new passive healing he just needs to get some damage in to completely negate all of that effort so it's not even worth trying.

I-hate-u

He was barely adjusted when out of nowhere he had 100% pickrate post the Ana nerf meta. I believe this current meta is because of Tracer./D.Va

Winston in a Rien/Ana/Lucio/76 types of comps is awful to me.

He was barely adjusted when out of nowhere he had 100% pickrate post the Ana nerf meta. I believe this current meta is because of Tracer./D.Va

Winston in a Rien/Ana/Lucio/76 types of comps is awful to me.

I only hear about meta changes through this thread, but didn't the shift to dive correspond to Blizzard buffing his shield cooldown?

Anne

Giving shield no CD penalty is not "barely adjusted" in the slightest. Like, understanding why that change makes Winston so powerful as to be broken is the difference between understanding how Overwatch really works and just not getting it.

I only hear about meta changes through this thread, but didn't the shift to dive correspond to Blizzard buffing his shield cooldown?

It was already shifting towards dive, then they changed shield CD and it became the Winston only show for a long time.

I-hate-u

No I believe he was already popular before it. His shield cooldown change just made Ana worse imo, but he is fantastic for his support dive.

Giving shield no CD penalty is not "barely adjusted" in the slightest. Like, understanding why that change makes Winston so powerful as to be broken is the difference between understanding how Overwatch really works and just not getting it.
Coming off the Bastion and the triple tank nerf, Winston already was receiving a lot of play from the pros even before the adjustment to his bubble iirc. The bubble change was reverting old changes to Winston in no heroes limit no?

Anne

Coming off the Bastion and the triple tank nerf, Winston already was receiving a lot of play from the pros even before the adjustment to his bubble iirc. The bubble change was reverting old changes to Winston in no heroes limit no?

He was getting popular before then, but not to the degree of broken. The fact he was already good and they gave him such a massive buff is bonkers.

The shield CD thing is more than a revert and has more to do with the no hero limit nonsense. That's just some nonsense people say who didn't know what was going on at the time. Winston was a crazy character solo at the time with almost no real counterplay options, so they gave that to him. Despite being strong even after all those nerfs, he had like a 2% pickrate on ladder for some reason. Instead of seeing his pickrate get really nice in high level play, that decided they needed to make him easier to play for ladder. So they buffed him back to beta strength thinking that would help. Unfortunately it also broke him.

I-hate-u

But does the shield change itself make him broken rn? No right? He is a very good character that gets better or worse depending on the pickup rate of his fellow dive characters imo.

That's why I am saying he was becoming more relevant in the meta post the World of Tanks nerf despite not receiving any buff directly.

Skii

Umm he cant even out damage a zen healing orb. Why would they nerf him

He does a whopping 105 net damage per clip when you factor in reload to a zen orbed target. To firther illustrate how low that is, thats 105 damage every 6.5 seconds

This man is on to something. They need to buff Winston's damage.

no, winston himself is literally the reason for dive. he has aoe damage that requires 0 aim and enables heroes like dva and tracer to follow due to his bubble safety and his short leap cd to get out when things get hot.

Skii

whoa how much? not enough i dont see his dmg being good anyway

At your rank, its best to just focus on learning to hold left click in the general area of the enemy. Jump pack damage and melee is far too advanced for you to learn right now.

Yes, right. That shield change by itself makes him fucking ludicrous.

what do u know about winston ur just a gm dps player. as a silver winston main i know for a fact that he's really in a bad state right now and needs a big buff so oppressive characters like soldier 76 and genji can't poop on him so hard. just add like 10 dmg to his gun and it'll be balanced.

Damn, so I am being inefficient. More to learn,
Is there a zap delay after melee or is it instant?

Melee itself has recovery frames, so you can't do anything after melee for a short period of time. Genji used to cancel melee with dash, but all melee animations (except for Rein and Winston leap) cannot be canceled now.

So you land and instantly Zap like you normally would with no delay since the leap landing animation does cancel melee.

what do u know about winston ur just a gm dps player. as a silver winston main i know for a fact that he's really in a bad state right now and needs a big buff so oppressive characters like soldier 76 and genji can't poop on him so hard. just add like 10 dmg to his gun and it'll be balanced.

I agree. Plats think they can dive like pros. The just feed in my games. Winston needs a buff ASAP. He does no damage compared to Hog, Thiccrisa and Zarya.

Blizz's motives are good here, even if the actual experience is shit: they want to prevent, at all costs, teams ganging up on one player if they're losing and bullying them into quitting so no one else loses SR.

Most people not even on team chat on console, plus there is mute, plus report now.

Blizzard are frankly full of shit and it wouldn't surprise me if that is just an excuse so they don't have to fix it and can leave that carrot on a stick, benefitting themselves.

Anne

Winston cancel doesn't actually remove recovery frames, hasn't in a long time. It's still good to do for burst damage sometimes.

Top Bottom