• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Mr Git

GGs tonight. Sorry that I keep sneaking in and taking up a group spot :p It's 3am and I've been awake 21 hours and noticed an increase in stupid tired mistakes so calling it a night

Also only Owzers, rulerk and Lik have corresponding gaf/psn names so I have no idea who anyone else is so hiya. I'll add more later

randome

You might need to stack up. The coordination in that tier is abysmal.

In order, I've had a thrower, a leaver, a leaver, and a widow maker on attack. It's insane. I can get up to like 2475 and then my SR tanks. Solo is not the way, that's for damn sure.

In order, I've had a thrower, a leaver, a leaver, and a widow maker on attack. It's insane. I can get up to like 2475 and then my SR tanks. Solo is not the way, that's for damn sure.

That sucks. I've been lucky to avoid leavers/throwers. but at my low rank coordination is still bad.

Gorillaz

yea gold is rough you need to actually be pretty knowledge of characters and flexible enough to pull yourself out of that

it's the average QP players

B guts what's your psn ID?

p2mIgjk.png

jeff plz.

i like how zen/lucio stay draw. zen/ana always lose.

LiK

Think DeiCide, Berserk and I just had a 5-6 game win streak. I didn't keep count. Ended on a loss. Got tired anyway. Turns out Berserk is a Junk main. Hehe

Looks like I should play Orisa more as Defense. Haven't lost with her yet this Season.

Think DeiCide, Berserk and I just had a 5-6 game win streak. I didn't keep count. Ended on a loss. Got tired anyway. Turns out Berserk is a Junk main. Hehe

Looks like I should play Orisa more as Defense. Haven't lost with her yet this Season.

Too bad I already spent my gold skin on Reaper :(

No more solo for me. Our 3 team stack went really well tonight. Good game decide and lik.

GG's guys.

Fun times, I'll work on my uncontrollable need to feed as Rein. Sometimes I get impatient on tank.

I'm still salty I fucked up the floor is lava trophy. The Lucio must have wall rode for like a minute cuz his elim popped way after the other 2.

GG's guys.

Fun times, I'll work on my uncontrollable need to feed as Rein. Sometimes I get impatient on tank.

I'm still salty I fucked up the floor is lava trophy. The Lucio must have wall rode for like a minute cuz his elim popped way after the other 2.

It looked like you booped 3 people off the point. That was a great potg lol too bad you got screwed out of your spray.

Owzers

You would have won that last game in a 4 stack.

Best play out of my soloq games, though that's not me swearing on the clip after, my mic is always showing me talking when i'm not thoughhhhh i think it showed the zarya anyways...

https://clips.twitch.tv/BenevolentEnthusiasticMarrowDancingBanana

Also what's twitch doing with random name generators giving my clip dancing bananas?

Did my placements and ended up in diamond (3010). I placed around 2600 at the end of last season and climbed to 2722 in the last few remaining days. All the seasons before that I placed and stayed in gold. Guess my MMR increased significantly in the meantime by playing almost nothing but QP :p

Getting a ton better with my Sombra. She's easily gonna get me to Masters if I keep practicing. Getting 25-35 hacked every match with my EMP's. Around 40+ per match hacked period.

Zenyatta is so fun to fight against when I have EMP. Turns every team fight into 5v6 easy. Cracks me up when he dies near instantly.

Did my placements and ended up in diamond (3010). I placed around 2600 at the end of last season and climbed to 2722 in the last few remaining days. All the seasons before that I placed and stayed in gold. Guess my MMR increased significantly in the meantime by playing almost nothing but QP :p

I thought the MMR's were separate for comp and QP though. At least thats what the internet has told me.

Playing against a Zombra can be super annoying. What is her utility though? Not sure how to play her.

I've really started to get into Overwatch again, but am looking for decent people to play ranked with. I'm european though. Isn't most of GAF american? Can't stay up all night playing. (Although I would love to :p )

Cappa

Banned
You would have won that last game in a 4 stack.

Best play out of my soloq games, though that's not me swearing on the clip after, my mic is always showing me talking when i'm not thoughhhhh i think it showed the zarya anyways...

https://clips.twitch.tv/BenevolentEnthusiasticMarrowDancingBanana

Also what's twitch doing with random name generators giving my clip dancing bananas?

what time did you guys go on? I need you guys to bring me back down below diamond I placed to high

Playing against a Zombra can be super annoying. What is her utility though? Not sure how to play her.

It depends on the comp.

If you're running two healers, keep one main, convenient health pack hacked and do a loop of placing Translocator on it, flanking the enemy and whittling them down while going back to the health pack once you take a bit of damage to build ult. Focus hacks on critical ability-centric heroes (Genji, D.VA, Rein, etc.) and communicate with your team to focus fire them. Use EMP during team fights, or on characters with mainly shield health (Zen, Symmetra, Zarya) to eliminate them quick.

If running one, use your hacks on as many close-by health packs as possible and maintain them so your team can farm ult and play aggressively. Continue the loop of Translocate--->Flank--->Heal. If you work with your team to constantly heal chip damage you take, you'll be getting EMP every team fight or every other team fight.

Make sure to hack extremely important enemies when they are ulting. Genji during Dragonblade, Winston during Primal Rage, Baby D.Va while she ults/is building meter, McCree during High Noon if you can swing it, Mercy when flying in to res, etc. Also, if you have EMP during a team fight and you're winning and a Symmetra has her TP up, don't be afraid to EMP the Teleporter/Shield Gen. Kills it near instantly after an EMP and a few shots. Can swing a game in your favor.

Sorry if this is a little obvious lol

Cappa

Banned
One thing I noticed last night doing placements is it was filled with smurf accounts, like literally every game there was minimum 1 person on EACH team with a smurf account.

Im ok with smurf accounts except some of these were named Symmetramainsry
among other one tricks.

Those type of smurf accounts are lame and only work when the rest of the team comp is balanced(or people just carry). It seemed every placement match I was in had one. Im actually surprised I got placed much higher than where I finished last season.

I thought the MMR's were separate for comp and QP though. At least thats what the internet has told me.
I think not, seeing how I was playing against gold/silver people when I was gold in comp. I barely played comp though, usually just did my placements at the end of a season and some extra games while the SR gains are still high, but mostly play QP and arcade otherwize. Anyway, season 4 I placed around 2400 in the last week of the season and barely made it to 2506 on the last day to get plat CP rewards. During season 5 I just played QP but noticed that I was coming up against more plat players, and eventually almost all diamond/ high plat players. When I did my placements at the end of season 5 I placed around 2630, way higher then my season high in season 4 despite people saying you're placed below your rank. I climbed to 2722 after playing 5 or so additional games and quit competitive. Yesterday I did my season 6 placements and placed 3010, despite going 6-4. It must be my QP MMR that plays a role. I did have loads of gold medals each game though, despite playing only tanks, same in season 5, so maybe that helped too. And my overbuff profile has pretty good stats too for my most played heroes (https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/ZaWarudo-2871) so it could be I just didn't play enough comp in the previous seasons to climb out of gold.

fhqwhgads

Yeah I'm dropping into Gold this season I know it. My Season 6 experience has been mostly getting a single win and then losing three games in a row. Pretty much exclusively playing healer since everyone wants to instapick DPS this season and every tank except Rein and D.va has fallen out of favour.

Had a game on Lijang where I got gold and silver medals across the board as Zen but I'm still not on the level where I can carry a team yet. Two more losses and I'll be back in gold, don't think I'll make it back to plat either.

Kysen

7-3 in placements and ended up right back where I was last season. All my wins vs low diamonds meant crap gains :/ Guess I gotta put work into the climb.

Cappa

Banned
I think not, seeing how I was playing against gold/silver people when I was gold in comp. I barely played comp though, usually just did my placements at the end of a season and some extra games while the SR gains are still high, but mostly play QP and arcade otherwize. Anyway, season 4 I placed around 2400 in the last week of the season and barely made it to 2506 on the last day to get plat CP rewards. During season 5 I just played QP but noticed that I was coming up against more plat players, and eventually almost all diamond/ high plat players. When I did my placements at the end of season 5 I placed around 2630, way higher then my season high in season 4 despite people saying you're placed below your rank. I climbed to 2722 after playing 5 or so additional games and quit competitive. Yesterday I did my season 6 placements and placed 3010, despite going 6-4. It must be my QP MMR that plays a role. I did have loads of gold medals each game though, despite playing only tanks, same in season 5, so maybe that helped too. And my overbuff profile has pretty good stats too for my most played heroes (https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/ZaWarudo-2871) so it could be I just didn't play enough comp in the previous seasons to climb out of gold.

AFAIK, your QP MMR is only valid if youve never played comp before. Anne, trop or Ceasar might know better than me but its really odd if youve never been diamond before, and youve played prior comp seasons, that you get placed in diamond.

You never been in diamond ever?

XaosWolf

Managed to actually get placed within Gold this season and not the hell that is a few points below it. Now I'm just playing for fun as a Lucio or Winston which has been lessening the complaints for too many/not enough X hero types.

Still have no idea how SR actually works as the friend I play with consistently fumbles through placements and ends up ~200 SR higher than me each time. We are both confused but who cares. Maybe because I play supports more? Is that still a thing?

Top Bottom