• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

rulerk1

You're probably right. From my experience, even if I'm playing better than before with a certain character my WR will still vary a lot from season to season without me being able to do much to change it (at least it's how I feel in most cases). I'm talking mostly about characters that are usually viable no matter the enemy team comp (S76, Tracer, Lucio, Hog
rip
, etc). Though it's true that last seasons I haven't been playing that much so my games sample is kinda small.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.

Just use your alt. And since a lot of times no one wants to play healer at least this way they'll have the hacked health packs.

Even on my alt I still feel guilty about it. Especially if we don't have the team comp for it

jviggy43

Lol. I mean yeah. Why do you think I'm caping for Bastion? And that mentality of people not understanding comp has been the precedent since gold tier. And especially platinum. I'd love to see it change if I ever hit master. people are stubborn, and people who lock DPS characters tend to suck.

I feel like I've had no issues subbing Soldiers or Mccrees out and filling their role as a bastion
Oh yeah not understanding those components is absolutely a thing lower than diamonds. What's extra frustrating about diamond players is that, they have the skill necessary to go further but lack the understanding of the game's nuances at high level play. Like yeah I get it, you have a solid hanzo but that's not helping your team out.

LiK

I got bitched at for playing Mercy in QP. Ya ya, I get boosted Mercy mains are ruining your Top 500 games and shit, but give me a fucking break.

The lack of Support in QP is astonishing. They should be happy you played any type of Support.

uRpAJcL.jpg

Paltheos

I was going to say "But I thought they already fixed that?", but they still haven't fixed Reinhardt's hammer swings and such.

This is really painful, still. I thought it might have been fixed too when I picked Rein for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday and I failed to get a critical kill on one of my Earthshatters because of it. Rein feels go gutted as is. :(

Oh hey its whippy, haven't seen ya round here for a bit.

It's damn near impossible to get a tank or healer anymore in QP...I feel bad for new players they gonna learn horrible habits.

Any other DPS finding it hard to get much damage done against Winston/Dva/Mercy comps (literally every comp I play against)? DM and Winston's bubble are just so tough to get through.

antitrop

Any other DPS finding it hard to get much damage done against Winston/Dva/Mercy comps (literally every comp I play against)? DM and Winston's bubble are just so tough to get through.

They are.

Try Sombra. The Winston bubbles aren't hard to just DPS through, but hacking D.Va is amazing. She's a massive ult battery for your team when she can't Defense Matrix and she can't even ult to get another mech when she's hacked.

Let's go Immortals! Season 0 victory confirmed!

I'm really excited to see how they will play up against juggernauts like Rogue and NV going forward.

LiK

Good game Lik. 1 loss out of 5 ain't bad.

Yea, and playing primarily Support is actually good. Good SR gains while keeping the losses to a minimum since I don't suck with them. Wish I could play Mercy well but I'll never use her for Comp since she's not my playstyle.

Good rezzes tonight. You saved some matches.

maomaoIYP

Finally got around to doing my placements last night.
Lost connection to the server on my very first game, literally the only time this has ever happened since day 1.
Thanks Blizzard.

Yea, and playing primarily Support is actually good. Good SR gains while keeping the losses to a minimum since I don't suck with them. Wish I could play Mercy well but I'll never use her for Comp since she's not my playstyle.

Good rezzes tonight. You saved some matches.

I have to admit, this felt pretty good lol

76QMKQ.gif

And yeah support helped a ton tonight, I'll happily play healer. We had a good comp tonight with your Symm/Zen and Fox' Winston.

Playing on Eichenwalde with a DVa and a Reaper who spent the whole attack round fighting at the first choke.

I told the DVa it's her job to break the choke by flying over it and she said "that doesn't make any sense if I fly over they'll just kill me".

Didn't really feel like arguing.

After we held them to a third of the point on defense we never even touched the point on offense.

Feels real bad.

_Legacy_

GG's Yager! Been a while since we went on a 4-0 run. What a comeback on Illios from 2-0 down! Found it funny seeing the random spam thanks when we were losing, then spammed it again when we completed the reverse. More importantly, a convincing win on our bogey map Gibraltar.

PatjuhR

It's still my biggest problem with the Overwatch Community.

I've had my period of I'm just going to pick Tracer because I'm best with her and fuck you all. But I've evolved and I'm more than willing to pick healer/tanks for a good team comp.

But I'm not going to play Reinhardt or Mercy, because it means instant lose! Just be happy I pick a healer or tank, I could also be picking offense like you.

Yager

Banned
GG's Yager! Been a while since we went on a 4-0 run. What a comeback on Illios from 2-0 down! Found it funny seeing the random spam thanks when we were losing, then spammed it again when we completed the reverse. More importantly, a convincing win on our bogey map Gibraltar.

Those games were great. That Illios one was amazing. At one point I was about to switch Winston for somebody else, but in the end it payed off. You left at the right time, after your last match we got into one in Eichenwalde, and all 5 of us had the sound fucked up. We didn't here anything, not even the ults, so it was pretty impossible to do anything. I believe the other team did some kind of magic shit because they were all using characters with fat charge ults, like torb, hanzo and junkrat, and if you can't hear the ults of those kind of picks you're 100% dead.

I stil can't believe we got a win nn Gibraltar. That hold was great, and also I was pretty happy of being able to do some Winston play 3 games in a row with a proper team. I deserve a better win ratio with Mr Monkey T_T. Also, I might become an Edgelord Reaper main for certain maps, having lots of fun with him.

Today I'll be online, though I'm not sure at what time.

Top Bottom